What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: What ruined your day?

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:56 am

I was wondering why you were talking in the Bandai thread about having mentioned buying the Gigan vinyl "a few weeks ago" when you've only been here for two days. :lol:

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:49 am

UltramanGoji wrote:I was wondering why you were talking in the Bandai thread about having mentioned buying the Gigan vinyl "a few weeks ago" when you've only been here for two days. :lol:

Yeah that didn’t register as weird until after I posted it actually :lol:
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:39 am

Orichalcum wrote:Formerly known as Stump Feet.

Who?
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:55 am

goji89 wrote:

Who?

Your replacement on this forum :P
Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:56 am

Orichalcum wrote:
goji89 wrote:

Who?

That is easily the funniest thing I've read in a long, long time. Thank you for that.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:57 am

Orichalcum wrote:
goji89 wrote:

Who?

Well, you got pretty small shoes to fill.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:42 pm

goji89 wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Who?

Clown shoes are hella big though.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:Your replacement on this forum :P

Clown shoes are hella big though.

Well that sucks for you....cause they're about to go up your..................

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:40 am

Gerdzerl wrote:This isn't something that's occurred specifically today, but more so off-and-on.

This might be just a side effect of my childhood abandonment trauma and my depression, but I've been worrying that I've been pushing away and boring all of my friends for a while now, that they're not really all that interested in talking to me anymore and that our interactions aren't really meaningful on their end. I feel like I'm out-of-touch with them, but I don't even know where to start with working on that, and I'm not sure if they would even be interested in any sort of efforts to strengthen our friendships. I feel stupid, like I'm oblivious to what should be plainly obvious as to what's wrong, but I feel so overwhelmed that it's hard to find the motivation to try to fix anything.

Honestly, I still feel a lot of overwhelming anxiety about talking to the people I care about. I desperately wish I could provide something legitimately fulfilling and enriching to their lives. It keeps me up at night. I wish I knew what to do.

Hey, this is normal. I've felt this way with my friends too, they've felt this way with me. I'm not you, but I know friends worry about each-other. Often times people are busy and can't respond or show the same level of enthusiasm, interest or knowledge we do (I'm diagnosed with an anxiety disorder) and this can cause some real feelings of "I'm not good enough". Best advice I can give is: Be open, be honest, be yourself, respect yourself, respect them, respect boundaries. You're not going to act yourself if you're anxious around your friends. Relax, take a break from checking on them, real friends ALWAYS come around and check on you back. uwu

You deserve peace and love, my dude.

/hug
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:40 pm

End of summer depression is legit. I also just feel ashamed of some of my behavior recently. To be clear, I didn't do anything bad or wrong, I just drank a lot this weekend and regret it. I have this really harsh self guilt/motivation always riding over me where I must always be working towards a goal. And any deviation from that makes me massively feel like garbage.

It's possible I'm just coming off a 'high' of happiness. The last few weeks were awesome and I was consistently very happy.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:30 pm

My next few day's will be ruined all thanks to Hurricane Dorian. Hopefully the storm continues to go North otherwise I am screwed.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:54 pm

XxComablack1937xX wrote:My next few day's will be ruined all thanks to Hurricane Dorian. Hopefully the storm continues to go North otherwise I am screwed.

Best wishes ! Stay safe man.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:35 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
XxComablack1937xX wrote:My next few day's will be ruined all thanks to Hurricane Dorian. Hopefully the storm continues to go North otherwise I am screwed.

Best wishes ! Stay safe man.

Thank you, I appreciate it man!

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:38 pm

I saw a really book the other day at my local bookstore.
It was a full set of Silver-Age Flash! Vol 1-4! American Comics are very rare in my country so I wanted to buy them.
BUT I FORGOT TO BRING MY WALLET! I literally went to that same store a few hours later and they're all GONE!
skreeonk ME! Today sucks...
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:51 am

Probably the biggest scare I had in my life currently.

I took my dogs down to the creek and apparently Sophie found and began chasing a fox and thought I was going to lose her. As I kept yelling for her to my relief she came back.

Once we got home I made sure to check she wasn't bitten or anything in case of infection and didn't any. She's less then an year old so her rabies shot is up to date in case the fox had any.

Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:03 am

Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Postby Godzilla21 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:39 am

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:This mouse fell into a fryer at Whataburger

Poor little guy :(

sad but the commentary was pretty funny
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:53 am

That mouse probably just fell into hibernation inside its deep fried chrysalis, it’ll be fine.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:49 pm

Depression and I vented about my ex to a public chat in an MMO game again because I have no therapist sessions still and I hate it. I really need to stop doing that, it's been like 6 months. I need to let go. I just have so much regret about how I handled the break up. ( ಡ ︹ ಡ )

Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:21 am

Fish Cakes wrote:Depression and I vented about my ex to a public chat in an MMO game again because I have no therapist sessions still and I hate it. I really need to stop doing that, it's been like 6 months. I need to let go. I just have so much regret about how I handled the break up. ( ಡ ︹ ಡ )

Sorry you're going through that, Fish. Mourning the loss of an ex can be tough. From the bottom of my heart, i hope you can find your way. Hope you can find some kind of grief counselor (yes, grief can apply to break ups). I don't think there's any shame in reaching out to a friend in a meantime. Just want to let you know that we're all here for you at TK.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Return to “General Discussion”