What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by canofhumdingers »

It was very unfun. But thankfully the tow truck, repair shop, and insurance all worked hard to get things taken care of quickly and now, only two days later, I’m back in my own vehicle and it’s like nothing ever happened. Well, except the deductible I had to pay. But that’s small potatoes compared to what it could’ve been.

As for repairing yourself, there’s only so much you can do these days if you have a remotely modern car. In my case, the vast majority of the cost was new parts to replace the damaged ones. The labor was only a few hundred dollars. And, having been through an A/C failure like eabaker is dealing with (also incredibly unfun in the summer, depending on where you live...) that’s also something where the parts are likely the lion’s share of the cost and the labor is pretty highly specialized.

But simpler things like oil changes, air filter replacement, and tire rotation are areas where you can save a lot of cash over the long term by doing it yourself if you’re so inclined.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

I let my wife cut my hair today... :cry: :cry:

I had long wavy hair past my shoulders. Now it's barely past my ears! X_X
I just wanted a trim!
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ScootaVaran wrote:I let my wife cut my hair today... :cry: :cry:

I had long wavy hair past my shoulders. Now it's barely past my ears! X_X
I just wanted a trim!
*pat pat* Don't worry bro, it'll be back one day.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Had some friends over last night. One friend we haven't had over in a while has really got into political activism. Within 5 minutes of dinner starting he starts going off on politics and chaos ensue with our other friends that don't know him to well. Literally clears the table with people who don't want to hear it and everyone goes off in separate directions. General rule is don't talk politics or religion at dinner but there you go. Made for a bad night.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I finally thought my writers block was gone, I had ideas of an script in my head to write for one of my Lost Tapes ideas into an fanfic but then it suddenly came back...-_-

The focus would had been on the Short-faced bear titled Mega Bear, the premise being an divorced father taking his children on an camping trip in the Yukon only to find themselves being hunted and terrorized by an prehistoric bear long thought to be extinct.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I just had my wisdom teeth pulled today. An they had to cut out a pieces of my gums because it was inflamed and infected.

So yeah I am in a shit ton of pain at the moment and my face looks like a grapefruit.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I just had my wisdom teeth pulled today. An they had to cut out a pieces of my gums because it was inflamed and infected.

So yeah I am in a poop ton of pain at the moment and my face looks like a grapefruit.
Yikes! Hope you get better soon!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Godzilla21 wrote:Had some friends over last night. One friend we haven't had over in a while has really got into political activism. Within 5 minutes of dinner starting he starts going off on politics and chaos ensue with our other friends that don't know him to well. Literally clears the table with people who don't want to hear it and everyone goes off in separate directions. General rule is don't talk politics or religion at dinner but there you go. Made for a bad night.
That's a bummer, politics are the worst.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm not gonna go into specifics since i'm sure my family would prefer this not getting to strangers on the internet, but i can see a lot of tough days ahead for all of us..

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I am feeling a little more agitated than usual today. Probably a combination of Covid-related restrictions to everyday life and the smoldering weather. I lost my cool and unleashed a couple of f-bombs at people.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Learning that Cinemasscre will no longer be doing 'Rental Reviews'.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2 ... spiration/

-_-

Way to fuck up the best ride in the park, guys.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Baby-sitting the neighbours’ cat. Not only does it have a heavy distaste for my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, but it gave me a huge scratch across my face. The slash goes down from my right eye brow, down to the middle of my cheek. So now with that, combined with my long, slightly curled hair, I look like Anakin from ROTS. It hurt like the devil, but hey, I look sorta badass.

Added in 2 minutes 34 seconds:
tyrantgoji wrote:I'm not gonna go into specifics since i'm sure my family would prefer this not getting to strangers on the internet, but i can see a lot of tough days ahead for all of us..
Your whole family’s days are gonna get ruined. That’s no good.
For Emperor and Empire!

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2 ... spiration/

-_-

Way to skreeonk up the best ride in the park, guys.
*Edit
Nevermind
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I'm not gonna go into specifics since i'm sure my family would prefer this not getting to strangers on the internet, but i can see a lot of tough days ahead for all of us..
Your whole family’s days are gonna get ruined. That’s no good.
Well wouldn't say the entire family but... yeah most of us got riled up in a mess and now i honestly can't tell weather or not it's getting better or worse. :?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

The announcement there's yet again new virus in China with traits of H1N1 and the 1918 Spanish Flu.

Pray this one ain't as bad as Covid but China being China I expect it to...

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:The announcement there's yet again new virus in China with traits of H1N1 and the 1918 Spanish Flu.

Well China did get better at stopping COVID for the last couple months... they could just repeat the process right? Same with pretty much every other country.

EDIT: and hold on a minute. Didn't the article say that this new virus was kinda the same as viruses we already have vaccines for? Of course it's too early to tell but why not try to use those on that?
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:The announcement there's yet again new virus in China with traits of H1N1 and the 1918 Spanish Flu.

Well China did get better at stopping COVID for the last couple months... they could just repeat the process right? Same with pretty much every other country.

EDIT: and hold on a minute. Didn't the article say that this new virus was kinda the same as viruses we already have vaccines for? Of course it's too early to tell but why not try to use those on that?
China never got better at handling the Virus, they simply got better at hiding it

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

tyrantgoji wrote:EDIT: and hold on a minute. Didn't the article say that this new virus was kinda the same as viruses we already have vaccines for? Of course it's too early to tell but why not try to use those on that?
That never occurred to me actually. Nevermind then, I guess I tend to get too panicky at times.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Fuck fireworks. So fucking annoying.