What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Maverick Centigrade
Kwaidan

Re: What ruined your day?

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:44 pm

One year ago today I had a major vomiting session. Today...it happened again, this time at work. Thank God I made it to the bathroom. I left work and then vomited again at home 2 hours later.

I feel completely wiped out. I'm eating some crackers now, and slowly drinking water.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

goji89
Keizer

Postby goji89 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:51 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:One year ago today I had a major vomiting session. Today...it happened again, this time at work. Thank God I made it to the bathroom. I left work and then vomited again at home 2 hours later.

I feel completely wiped out. I'm eating some crackers now, and slowly drinking water.

:twisted: .....Because Im a dick.

Spoiler:

Feel better soon bro.

godzilla98rules
Futurian

Postby godzilla98rules » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:09 pm

^ Thanks for the responses. I went with my uncle Eddie's family last night and had a Christmas party with them. It made me feel so much better.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:51 pm

godzilla98rules wrote:^ Thanks for the responses. I went with my uncle Eddie's family last night and had a Christmas party with them. It made me feel so much better.

Good to hear! I hope the rest of your holiday season goes this well. :D
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Grievous
G-Grasper

Postby Grievous » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:37 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:One year ago today I had a major vomiting session. Today...it happened again, this time at work. Thank God I made it to the bathroom. I left work and then vomited again at home 2 hours later.

Can I asked what caused it?

I'm just curious is all...
Now that we're dead my dear...We can be together! Now that we're dead my dear...We can live forever!

Maverick Centigrade
Kwaidan

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:22 am

Grievous wrote:

Can I asked what caused it?

I'm just curious is all...

It's possible that it was my water jug, I don't clean it, just constantly refill it. My girlfriend thinks there was probably bacteria in it. My first bout of vomit was all water.

Grievous
G-Grasper

Postby Grievous » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:43 am

Maverick Centigrade wrote:It's possible that it was my water jug, I don't clean it, just constantly refill it. My girlfriend thinks there was probably bacteria in it. My first bout of vomit was all water.

That sounds about right...

Might want to keep an eye on that.
Now that we're dead my dear...We can be together! Now that we're dead my dear...We can live forever!

Maverick Centigrade
Kwaidan

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:10 am

Grievous wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:It's possible that it was my water jug, I don't clean it, just constantly refill it. My girlfriend thinks there was probably bacteria in it. My first bout of vomit was all water.

That sounds about right...

Might want to keep an eye on that.

Yeah I'm just gonna throw it away, and either buy a new one or just buy gallons to take to work.

kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:02 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46699290

Well, this skreeonking sucks. This is one of the very few stores in the UK, I go to. Every time I go there i leave with something. I always prefer going to a shop and buying a physical copy of something, a blu-ray, a game or a book.

Sucks big time that people that could lose their jobs, but dose the Guardian doesn't care about that. I would link to their article, but I won't give them the time of day. They'll go on and on about factories clossing down and how horrible that people are losing their jobs, but when it happens to a big retail chain, they point and laugh. Hypocritical scum.

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:12 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46699290

Well, this skreeonking sucks. This is one of the very few stores in the UK, I go to. Every time I go there i leave with something. I always prefer going to a shop and buying a physical copy of something, a blu-ray, a game or a book.

Sucks big time that people that could lose their jobs, but dose the Guardian doesn't care about that. I would link to their article, but I won't give them the time of day. They'll go on and on about factories clossing down and how horrible that people are losing their jobs, but when it happens to a big retail chain, they point and laugh. Hypocritical scum.

Sad news. We used to have this store in Canada, it was maybe my favourite store - but they’ve disappeared over the last few years.

tyrantgoji
Samurai

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:01 pm

I swear this computer is driving me insane, I can't even see what i'm typing in right now! Google is pitch blac. Explorer is working better but is still gitching out a little . started a bit yesterday but I didn't care about it. then this happens....

does anyone here know how to fix this issue? it would be a great help.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:22 pm

Having a cold.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Grievous
G-Grasper

Postby Grievous » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:05 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Having a cold.

Try Chicken Soup & a Gatorade my Friend...

Hope you're feeling better soon
Last edited by Grievous on Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Keizer

Postby goji89 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:29 am

Grievous wrote:

Close.

Chicken soup, Dayquil, and Sprite......

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:54 am

goji89 wrote:
Grievous wrote:

Close.

Chicken soup, Dayquil, and Sprite......

Nah bois you’re all skreeonked in the head, it’s chicken soup, buckley’s, and ginger ale.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:02 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:

Sad news. We used to have this store in Canada, it was maybe my favourite store - but they’ve disappeared over the last few years.

I remember when the ones in my city closed and how devastated I was. On the bright side, some of them were bought by Sunrise Records, so here's hoping something like that'll happen again.
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:05 pm

Titanoterror98 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

I remember when the ones in my city closed and how devastated I was. On the bright side, some of them were bought by Sunrise Records, so here's hoping something like that'll happen again.

Yes! I’ve seen those too.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:08 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

Cool! Have you ever been in one? It's like nothing changed.

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Titanoterror98 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:

Yeah! There’s a two storey one in West Edmonton Mall that used to be an HMV, and yeah you’re right it’s basically the same store. But still, if HMV couldn’t cut it you wonder how long Sunrise has.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:20 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

Yeah! There’s a two storey one in West Edmonton Mall that used to be an HMV, and yeah you’re right it’s basically the same store. But still, if HMV couldn’t cut it you wonder how long Sunrise has.

That sounds amazing! However, you do have a point; since they're so similar, like I said, I can't help but wonder what they have to protect them from the same fate.
As conveniant as online shopping is, I do prefer the retail experience, if only so that I can see the stuff I'm gonna get for myself, and so that my folks and I have have an excuse to get out of the house. So if all this happens all over again but with no store left, I'll be very disappointed.

Return to “General Discussion”