What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper

Re: What ruined your day?

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Zarm wrote:New baby is in the NICU for breathing trouble. Also has webbed fingers and toes, and possible signs of a genetic syndrome. There's a lot we don't know yet; life has been tough the last few months, and now it feels like it's disintegrating around us. Everything seems to have lost its meaning until we know more.

Prayers would be majorly appreciated.

All my prayers with you Zarm. I hope everything turns out ok.

#MinillaForSmash2018

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:21 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Zarm wrote:New baby is in the NICU for breathing trouble. Also has webbed fingers and toes, and possible signs of a genetic syndrome. There's a lot we don't know yet; life has been tough the last few months, and now it feels like it's disintegrating around us. Everything seems to have lost its meaning until we know more.

All my prayers with you Zarm. I hope everything turns out ok.

Mine too. God will be with you guys.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:31 pm

Zarm wrote:Breathing difficulties are now past. We're out of immediate danger. The long-term questions still loom, but the imminent threat is past.

Thank god. Good luck, Zarm. Hope everything turns out ok.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#MinillaForSmash2018

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:08 pm

I hope everything is okay, glad his breathing seems to be doing better. You and you're family are in my thoughts.
The world is very sexy, it's part of my collapse.

"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"I dont piss on broken ego's.....I poop them out MechaGoji Bro Seven Thousand Five Hundred and Three or Seventy Five Zero Three choose...." - goji89 (12/20/2018) aka god

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:55 pm

Zarm wrote:Breathing difficulties are now past. We're out of immediate danger. The long-term questions still loom, but the imminent threat is past.

Thank the lord! I'll keep praying for you guys anyway.
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Glad to know the immediate danger's passed, Zarm. Hopefully things continue to improve from here.
"When you're serious about having fun, it's not much fun at all!" -Calvin

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Well, didn't exactly ruin my fay, but just to follow up in the same thread... it is looking very much like Apert's Syndrome. Which is good, and bad; there is a wide range within Aperts. It could mean mental deficiency; it could mean an absolutely normal life. Or something in-between. There are definitely some surgeries in this kiddo's future, largely in six months and a year; but, the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is second to none, from what I hear, so he'll be receiving great care. God-willing, another week and he'll be home; if all the tests check out and he does well with eating. So we are very much hoping to be all together as a family by Christmas.

There are some definite adjustments here- but once he gets home, we should have a good few months of his just being our baby before we have to worry about the next round of medical considerations.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Zarm wrote:Well, didn't exactly ruin my fay, but just to follow up in the same thread... it is looking very much like Apert's Syndrome. Which is good, and bad; there is a wide range within Aperts. It could mean mental deficiency; it could mean an absolutely normal life. Or something in-between. There are definitely some surgeries in this kiddo's future, largely in six months and a year; but, the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is second to none, from what I hear, so he'll be receiving great care. God-willing, another week and he'll be home; if all the tests check out and he does well with eating. So we are very much hoping to be all together as a family by Christmas.

There are some definite adjustments here- but once he gets home, we should have a good few months of his just being our baby before we have to worry about the next round of medical considerations.

Hope for the best.

Also congrats, Mr. Dad.

TyrantGojira
Futurian

Postby TyrantGojira » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:22 pm

Today I found out my grandpa is on hospice. His health is steadily getting worse as he’s refusing to eat.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Zarm wrote:Well, didn't exactly ruin my fay, but just to follow up in the same thread... it is looking very much like Apert's Syndrome. Which is good, and bad; there is a wide range within Aperts. It could mean mental deficiency; it could mean an absolutely normal life. Or something in-between. There are definitely some surgeries in this kiddo's future, largely in six months and a year; but, the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is second to none, from what I hear, so he'll be receiving great care. God-willing, another week and he'll be home; if all the tests check out and he does well with eating. So we are very much hoping to be all together as a family by Christmas.

Here's hoping things get better Zarm. And congrats on the kid anyhow. Know whatever happens, he'll have a great life.

TyrantGojira wrote:Today I found out my grandpa is on hospice. His health is steadily getting worse as he’s refusing to eat.

I'm sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you and your family
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#MinillaForSmash2018

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:49 pm

I hope things get better Zarm. We're still praying.

TyrantGojira wrote:Today I found out my grandpa is on hospice. His health is steadily getting worse as he’s refusing to eat.

Sorry Tyrant. I remember when my grandfather was on hospice back in 2012...we'll be praying for all of you too.

To add to all this, I just read some...things...about and from Writers of the Future. Really messed up my day. Never submit to them if you're looking to become a writer. Just go through the short story magazine circuit first; it's the best way to sharpen your skills to a razor's edge.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:54 pm

It’s good to know he’s safe and sound for the time being. Whatever the road ahead, you guys will come through this. Once again congratulations on your baby boy, and all my thoughts to you and your family.

That’s rough. I’ve been there - just make sure he knows how much you all appreciate and love him. I missed that chance with my grandpa and it still kind of bothers me.

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:23 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:

That’s rough. I’ve been there - just make sure he knows how much you all appreciate and love him. I missed that chance with my grandpa and it still kind of bothers me.

Trust me, it's never enough. It'd bother you whether or not you were there.

Sorry it happened Canuck.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

It’s alright. He was in England so there was a big geographic distance, and I was in high school so maybe I lacked the requisite level of maturity... but looking back I always just can’t help but feel that my family in general just didn’t ‘show up’ to the level we should have. He was such an awesome guy.

Anyway, not to make this about me. Other people got stuff happening right now. :P Just picture how you’d like to remember this experience Tyrant, as horrible as it is,and try and make that version happen.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

It’s alright. He was in England so there was a big geographic distance, and I was in high school so maybe I lacked the requisite level of maturity... but looking back I always just can’t help but feel that my family in general just didn’t ‘show up’ to the level we should have. He was such an awesome guy.

Anyway, not to make this about me. Other people got stuff happening right now. :P Just picture how you’d like to remember this experience Tyrant, as horrible as it is,and try and make that version happen.

Just to agree with what Daws was saying, my wife was the same way when her mother died of cancer in 2016. She was there as often as she could be (despite giving birth about three days before her mother dying necessarily keeping her away for the last few weeks)- but no matter what, it never felt like enough. It never will. But sometimes that feeling just has to be fought with the knowledge that you did what you could, with who you were and where you were at at the time... and whether your feelings tell you that it was enough or not, it truly was- because it's all you could have done, in those conditions. Don't regret; we all measure who we were by the standards of who we are now and find ourselves lacking. But you didn't have everything you know now, every way you've grown and matured, and everything you can see in hindsight now to guide you then.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Zarm wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:

Just to agree with what Daws was saying, my wife was the same way when her mother died of cancer in 2016. She was there as often as she could be (despite giving birth about three days before her mother dying necessarily keeping her away for the last few weeks)- but no matter what, it never felt like enough. It never will. But sometimes that feeling just has to be fought with the knowledge that you did what you could, with who you were and where you were at at the time... and whether your feelings tell you that it was enough or not, it truly was- because it's all you could have done, in those conditions. Don't regret; we all measure who we were by the standards of who we are now and find ourselves lacking. But you didn't have everything you know now, every way you've grown and matured, and everything you can see in hindsight now to guide you then.

Wow. Yeah, I guess so. You never fail to put emotions into perspective and make people feel better when it counts, buddy. It’s almost like you’re a dad or something.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:44 pm

I'll keep praying, pal. I believe you guys will make it still!

goji89
Keizer

Postby goji89 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Love him unconditionally as I know you will. I pray for your sons safe journey home for Christmas.

So sorry to hear that....you have my prayers.

Maritonic
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Maritonic » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:43 am

Thanks for the update. This sounds like more good than bad, all things considered. I'm hoping you'll get to have everyone together for Christmas. You guys are still in our thoughts and prayers. Much love to you and yours. We're here if you need anything.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I went through something kind of similar when my grandfather had leukemia. It skreeonking sucks. I'm sorry.

Added in 1 hour 36 minutes 7 seconds:
Been a rough week and a half. Almost two, now. What I mentioned last Monday (Tuesday?) is still going on. Got worse. Got a bit better. But still going on.

I started therapy on Saturday, and eh. We'll see how it goes. But today kinda has me bummed out. I finally made the choice to get the ball rolling on bariatric surgery (ball rolling, but process starting after the holidays 'cause I'm not eating yogurt and chicken broth on Christmas Eve). But it's kinda got me down because I really don't think I'm going to be able to do this surgery. It's such a radical lifestyle change, but not in like. A good way. So, for example here. They say if you drink one alcoholic beverage, within 13 minutes you'll have the B.A.C. of three drinks. If you get pulled over, you'll fail a breathalyzer test. That's not a life style change. A life style change is not drinking on week nights, and only having drinks socially with friends. I have to take a large amount of vitamins for the rest of my life, 10 minutes between each pill.

Sure, on one hand, these are changes that outweigh being obese. But like, good lord, what if I just want to have a coke once in a blue moon? Nope. Can't do it.

What sucks is I'm not even that unhealthy of a person. My stomach is just large from past unhealthiness and past binge eating issues, now under control, that if I try portion control I feel like I'm literally starving. So, on one hand I do a surgery that would completely limit my life and sure, I'd lose weight but I wouldn't really get to *enjoy* it except yay being skinny. On the other, I'm completely uncomfortable in my body and live a life of constantly fighting to lose weight.

None of this probably makes any sense to you guys, because you don't really know me so you probably picture a 400 pound guy eating donuts, fighting doctors off with a chicken wing. But that's not what's going on. Just kinda bummed.
Resized Image

What doesn't kill me makes me Vicious

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

MandaSaurus wrote:I think a lot of you here don't exactly know what LOGIC actually means.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:43 am

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm at very much the same point with weight from my past, and the frustrations of trying to lose it. I can empathize, and I know how much it sucks. :(

Maranatha!

Return to “General Discussion”