What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Genjira Overwatch
Yojimbo

Re: What ruined your day?

Postby Genjira Overwatch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:51 pm

What ruined my day? More like what ruined my life. I waited 3 years for a reunion with a girl I thought I knew. Everything was fine until today. Just because I got scared that she was cutting herself and didn't offer "support" meant she ditched me and was instantly with another one of her exes, labeled me as a fuckboy, and "conveniently" forgot the promises she made to me. Samantha Baldwin if you ever see this, know that you walked away from your best option. Live with what you've done, I hope it haunts you.
Last edited by Genjira Overwatch on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm making f**king mac n' cheese, and N O B O D Y C A N S T O P M E "
-Broly.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:52 pm

I woke up sick with my annual sinus infection but I've been trying the homemade antibiotic which is honey mixed with turmic and a little bit of black pepper and oddly enough it seems to be working I don't feel that sick any more.
optimum in mundi

Godzilla21
Kwaidan

Postby Godzilla21 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:26 pm

Things have been getting deep in here sheesh
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Genjira Overwatch
Yojimbo

Postby Genjira Overwatch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:Things have been getting deep in here sheesh

Welcome to the world of trying to be the best you can be for someone, only for them to spit it back in your face.
"I'm making f**king mac n' cheese, and N O B O D Y C A N S T O P M E "
-Broly.

goji89
Keizer

Postby goji89 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:11 am

Genjira Overwatch wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:Things have been getting deep in here sheesh

Welcome to the world of trying to be the best you can be for someone, only for them to spit it back in your face.

Dont want to make lite of your situation.......but, ladies, Genjira Overwatch is back on the market.....(pssst, he's vunerable and will do ANYTHING for LOVE, but he wont do that).

On a bit of a serious note.......I know it sucks but with time and inner healing youll be just fine. Many of us have been there done that, try it when your married and still gotta sleep with them in the same bed....

Maritonic
EDF Soldier

Postby Maritonic » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:03 am

My car decided to randomly, without any warning what-so-ever, poop the bed this morning. Sounds like a crappy go-cart. Really hoping I don't have to replace the entire exhaust system...
Resized Image

The dead won't bother you...it's the living you have to worry about.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:38 am

I've said it before but we have become a spoiler culture. It used to be that if someone made a video containing a spoiler about a movie you'd have to watch it. Now they literally put the spoiler in the thumbnails and title of the video so even if you don't watch it you get spoiled.

I wasn't even watching Godzilla videos and a video showed up in my recommendation about King of the Monsters that has a possible spoiler in the title of the video. The movies a year away, are you skreeonking kidding me? It used to be that the 3 or 4 weeks leading up to a movie you knew it was time to stay off the net till you saw it, but almost a whole year? Are you skreeonking kidding me?

People can make videos talking about spoilers but putting it in the title or thumbnail or worse, both is such an asshole thing. It;s one thing when someone clicks on a video and complains, they're an idiot, but when someone just glances at videos recommended on the side and see's a pic or title that spoils poop, that's the uploaders fault.

Zarm
EDF Soldier

Postby Zarm » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:49 am

Living Corpse wrote:I've said it before but we have become a spoiler culture. It used to be that if someone made a video containing a spoiler about a movie you'd have to watch it. Now they literally put the spoiler in the thumbnails and title of the video so even if you don't watch it you get spoiled.

I wasn't even watching Godzilla videos and a video showed up in my recommendation about King of the Monsters that has a possible spoiler in the title of the video. The movies a year away, are you skreeonking kidding me? It used to be that the 3 or 4 weeks leading up to a movie you knew it was time to stay off the net till you saw it, but almost a whole year? Are you skreeonking kidding me?

People can make videos talking about spoilers but putting it in the title or thumbnail or worse, both is such an asshole thing. It;s one thing when someone clicks on a video and complains, they're an idiot, but when someone just glances at videos recommended on the side and see's a pic or title that spoils poop, that's the uploaders fault.

This, x1000. This drives me nuts, too.
The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
EDF Soldier

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Living Corpse wrote:I've said it before but we have become a spoiler culture. It used to be that if someone made a video containing a spoiler about a movie you'd have to watch it. Now they literally put the spoiler in the thumbnails and title of the video so even if you don't watch it you get spoiled.

Thats one of the reasons I quit watching DMan1954, him and others spoiled me on Shin.
The world is very sexy, it's part of my collapse.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Had to stop watching the TK Twitter after they started posting Shin spoiler scans before the movie hit theaters in the US :( I'm not without guilt, though; got a complaint once for sharing a picture of those tiny toy Muto figures before we knew much about them. Sorry you had to run into the YouTube thumbnail thing. Be careful when you Google info, too, Google likes to show similar thumbnails and headlines alongside the results (was spoiled this way before a Smash Bros. direct talking about datamining right in the damn thumbnail).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:02 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:DMan1954

Found your problem. He's friends with with troll asshole channels. The one's trying to emulate a "leafy"...whatever the skreeonk that is.

Also, yes this guy's thumbnail spoiled Shin's tail laser power for me.

GigaBowserG wrote:
Had to stop watching the TK Twitter after they started posting Shin spoiler scans before the movie hit theaters in the US :( I'm not without guilt, though; got a complaint once for sharing a picture of those tiny toy Muto figures before we knew much about them. Sorry you had to run into the YouTube thumbnail thing. Be careful when you Google info, too, Google likes to show similar thumbnails and headlines alongside the results (was spoiled this way before a Smash Bros. direct talking about datamining right in the damn thumbnail).

Oh, yeah more than person spoiled Shin for me, but out of the 4 who did it, only one was being an ass on purpose. the Rest I've forgiven, poop happens.

Hell I skreeonked up and spoiled one of Nemesis powers for someone from the Nemesis series of books.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:40 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:Had to stop watching the TK Twitter after they started posting Shin spoiler scans before the movie hit theaters in the US :(

You mean it wasn't the extremely immature captions and pointlessly tagging every person associated with Legendary and Warner that did it?

In regards to Corpse's complaint, I wholeheartedly agree. Thankfully, there's measures you can take to try and protect yourself as best as you can, such as browser extensions and filters on sites like Reddit.

Since you use YouTube a lot, I highly recommend Video Blocker:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gfhk?hl=en
(Also available on FireFox, but idk what browser you use)

Not only can you filter specific channels, you can also filter specific keywords. I use this and have had some good success with it in regards to avoiding God of War spoilers, so I hope it can be of some use to you.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

eabaker
Keizer

Postby eabaker » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:30 pm

In my experience, before the world wide web nobody worried about spoilers, and everybody was giving everything away all the time in conversations. The idea that anyone worries about spoilers is way more of a shift to my perception.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:12 pm

eabaker wrote:In my experience, before the world wide web nobody worried about spoilers, and everybody was giving everything away all the time in conversations. The idea that anyone worries about spoilers is way more of a shift to my perception.

It's not a net thing.

Before the internet everyone I knew (including myself) still hated being spoiled for a movie we wanted to see. You just notice it more now because some douches think it's funny to ruin other people's movie going experience.

eabaker
Keizer

Postby eabaker » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:47 am

Living Corpse wrote:
eabaker wrote:In my experience, before the world wide web nobody worried about spoilers, and everybody was giving everything away all the time in conversations. The idea that anyone worries about spoilers is way more of a shift to my perception.

It's not a net thing.

Before the internet everyone I knew (including myself) still hated being spoiled for a movie we wanted to see. You just notice it more now because some douches think it's funny to ruin other people's movie going experience.

But there's a difference between a personal preference (even a common one) and a cultural dictate.

But, I'll clarify my original intent here, and say that I think the world wide web radically increased mainstream consciousness of the question of spoilers, an issue which - with regards to movies - had been a matter of some discussion specifically among cinephiles since at least Psycho.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Godzilla21
Kwaidan

Postby Godzilla21 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:00 am

Living Corpse wrote:

It's not a net thing.

https://youtu.be/MwZRFA0cLaM
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

eabaker
Keizer

Postby eabaker » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:09 am

Godzilla21 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

It's not a net thing.

Yes, as I literally just said, people already had a problem with having movies spoiled for them, but it was not an issue that was treated as a codified cultural norm.

More importantly, "I Married Marge" is a pretty great episode.

Anyway, we're pretty far off topic, so I'm going to refrain from commenting further on the spoiler issue.

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:49 am

Godzilla21 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

It's not a net thing.

Yeah intresting story, a guy said I was acting like a child for having Shin spoiled for me because, and I quote, "I had Destroy All Monsters spoiled for me."

Destroy All Monsters had been out for decades. Shin hadn't even been brought to the U.S. theaters yet.

Maritonic
EDF Soldier

Postby Maritonic » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:58 am

I get the issue with spoilers, but I personally have found greater happiness in accepting spoilers and actually seeking them out. I've found it doesn't actually ruin the viewing experience for me at all, because the story telling should be able to stand on it's own without relying on any sort of surprise aspect.

So, I spoil myself, absorbing as much information about a film or show as early as I possibly can with only one exception and that's Game of Thrones, and I do that just as a treat because I get way too into that show. Having said that, I know other's don't share this belief so I don't go around spewing them.
Resized Image

The dead won't bother you...it's the living you have to worry about.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

eabaker
Keizer

Postby eabaker » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:02 am

Maritonic wrote:I get the issue with spoilers, but I personally have found greater happiness in accepting spoilers and actually seeking them out. I've found it doesn't actually ruin the viewing experience for me at all, because the story telling should be able to stand on it's own without relying on any sort of surprise aspect.

So, I spoil myself, absorbing as much information about a film or show as early as I possibly can with only one exception and that's Game of Thrones, and I do that just as a treat because I get way too into that show. Having said that, I know other's don't share this belief so I don't go around spewing them.

There have actually been one or two studies done (with, it should be noted, very small sample sizes, and very specific terms) that suggested that having a work "spoiled" allows the audience to enjoy it more.

But, obviously, all the studies in the world won't negate people's individual, lived experiences.

Return to “General Discussion”