What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Godzilla21
Kwaidan

Re: What ruined your day?

Postby Godzilla21 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Well this happened last week, but I got to thinking about it again today. Long story short:

My mom is in liver failure. The chemotherapy and medication she's been taking on and off for 10 years, destroyed her body. There's nothing more doctor's can do. She's gonna have hospice service at her house, nurse will come once a week. She's doing ok right now, not in any pain or suffering, but it's a thing now.

It was such a good day that day too. It snowed in where I lived, and it hadn't done so since 1985, it was cool. I ordered some pizza, was watching Fraiser, and then I got the news.

Very sorry to hear that. I've been through what you are about to. Make her comfortable.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Maverick Centigrade
Kwaidan

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate your words. The real unfortunate part is that my mom is in Arizona, and I'm in Texas. My brother and sister are there with her though. I had thought about visiting soon, but my mom urges me to stay put and stick to my plan of visiting in February. She says if she starts to feel any different, she will call me and get me on a plane.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Thanks guys, I appreciate your words. The real unfortunate part is that my mom is in Arizona, and I'm in Texas. My brother and sister are there with her though. I had thought about visiting soon, but my mom urges me to stay put and stick to my plan of visiting in February. She says if she starts to feel any different, she will call me and get me on a plane.

That's how it was for us when my dad was going. My folks were in Oregon, I was in California, and I had a trip planned a couple of months later; he didn't want me to make a special trip up there, I think because that would have made him feel more like it was the end. Thank God I flew up when I did, though; he took a bad turn a couple of days before I was headed up. I arrived on a Sunday, and originally I was scheduled to fly back that Wednesday, but because he was so near the end, I cancelled my flight; he passed away that Friday, and was able to have my mother, myself and my wife (whom he loved like a daughter) in the room with him.

Not sure where I'm going with this, or if I even have a particular point, beyond: this is a tough thing, but you can deal with it, and, yeah, be ready to go at a moment's notice.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Maritonic » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:55 am

Realizing I've gone back to being a 3X shirt size....I can't WAIT to get back to the gym next year....
Resized Image

What doesn't kill me makes me Vicious

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

MandaSaurus wrote:I think a lot of you here don't exactly know what LOGIC actually means.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:00 am

Maritonic wrote:Realizing I've gone back to being a 3X shirt size....I can't WAIT to get back to the gym next year....

If you feel like you have eaten too much or just a bit clogged, put one tea bag in a water bottle and let it steep, then drink. Cleans out your system, try to drink it daily.

There is also Quinoa, that helps too. :D
*MechaGoji Bro7503's Mile high quote*

"Did you really just quote ALL of that, JUST to say you didn't know there was a Lion King end credit scene ?" - Lain of The Wired
Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:22 am

^ You realize that tea is just a laxative, right? Doesn't help with weight loss at all.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:24 am

UltimateDitto wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Realizing I've gone back to being a 3X shirt size....I can't WAIT to get back to the gym next year....

If you feel like you have eaten too much or just a bit clogged, put one tea bag in a water bottle and let it steep, then drink. Cleans out your system, try to drink it daily.

There is also Quinoa, that helps too. :D

Spoiler:

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 am

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:^ You realize that tea is just a laxative, right? Doesn't help with weight loss at all.

Yes, it's just supposed to help get the bad stuff out of your system, then you eat the healthy things. :D

"Did you really just quote ALL of that, JUST to say you didn't know there was a Lion King end credit scene ?" - Lain of The Wired

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Jordan Vogt-Roberts might of been among those committing sexual harassment. Of all the hundreds if not thousands of directors or actors. Why did it have to be him!? :(

Even if true, at this point I'll just do the "Separate the art from the artists" because I ain't gonna let this ruin my enjoyment towards Kong: Skull Island and heck what he did is tame compared to someone say like Victor Salva. Still unnecessary though and shouldn't of done it either way. Overall if true I'm not happy with him unless he ends up apologizing and acknowledging his mistake.

Until then I'll stick with the "Innocent until proven guilty" until further notice.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:43 am

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:^ You realize that tea is just a laxative, right? Doesn't help with weight loss at all.

Apparently you've never taken a laxative.

Let me tell you, weight is lost. :shock:
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:04 am

Dawsbfiremind wrote:

Apparently you've never taken a laxative.

Let me tell you, weight is lost. :shock:

It also dehydrates you badly

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:23 am

Our nearest neighbors/my surrogate grandparents are having a medical emergency. One of them apparently almost died (not the first time) and has to be taken to the emergency room. We went to help him get in the car and it was the worst I've ever seen him at, and we've seen him pretty close to dead before.
Please guys, they need prayers.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Our nearest neighbors/my surrogate grandparents are having a medical emergency. One of them apparently almost died (not the first time) and has to be taken to the emergency room. We went to help him get in the car and it was the worst I've ever seen him at, and we've seen him pretty close to dead before.

I'll keep him in prayer man. :thumbsup:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:08 am

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Our nearest neighbors/my surrogate grandparents are having a medical emergency. One of them apparently almost died (not the first time) and has to be taken to the emergency room. We went to help him get in the car and it was the worst I've ever seen him at, and we've seen him pretty close to dead before.

Praying!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

G-Matt
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby G-Matt » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:06 am

Just before Christmas I'm suffering from a little flu! Hopefully it won't be as bad tomorrow.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Well this happened last week, but I got to thinking about it again today. Long story short:

My mom is in liver failure. The chemotherapy and medication she's been taking on and off for 10 years, destroyed her body. There's nothing more doctor's can do. She's gonna have hospice service at her house, nurse will come once a week. She's doing ok right now, not in any pain or suffering, but it's a thing now.

It was such a good day that day too. It snowed in where I lived, and it hadn't done so since 1985, it was cool. I ordered some pizza, was watching Fraiser, and then I got the news.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but my prayers goes out to your mom.

Prayers out out to them. Give them my blessings to get better.

G-Matt wrote:Just before Christmas I'm suffering from a little flu! Hopefully it won't be as bad tomorrow.

Darn man, that really sucks especially during the holidays? Get well soon.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:03 pm

I forgot my bank card at the bank. :(
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:11 pm

Not ruined by any means more of an annoyance but recently I decided to go all digital for my PS4 like I did with my Xbox over the summer. Well I saw they had a flash sale going on and quickly logged on to see if Godzilla on PS4 was on sale and it wasn't found on the PSN.

Come to find out it's now discontinued even though it was up on the PSN a few days ago I held off on it because it was still $59.99 so I was waiting for a sale. Now I have to go and rebuy a copy of the disc version unless it magically pops back up on the PSN. I'm hoping its just a glitch as I didn't notice anything about it getting delisted but then again it's not even showing up on Bandai Namco's website.
optimum in mundi

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:27 pm

gvamp wrote:Not ruined by any means more of an annoyance but recently I decided to go all digital for my PS4 like I did with my Xbox over the summer. Well I saw they had a flash sale going on and quickly logged on to see if Godzilla on PS4 was on sale and it wasn't found on the PSN.

Come to find out it's now discontinued even though it was up on the PSN a few days ago I held off on it because it was still $59.99 so I was waiting for a sale. Now I have to go and rebuy a copy of the disc version unless it magically pops back up on the PSN. I'm hoping its just a glitch as I didn't notice anything about it getting delisted but then again it's not even showing up on Bandai Namco's website.

Sadly, don't think it's a glitch. My brother got a PS4 a couple of weeks ago and went to download it from the PSN Store, but it wouldn't allow him, even though it was still listed. We thought it was an error with the store at the time, but he got a physical copy anyway.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Well I contacted Sony and Bandai Namco to see what they say. I'll probably just end up rebuying the disc version down the line and hope with Godzilla 2 o Godzilla vs Kong they decide to reissue it digitally.
optimum in mundi

Return to “General Discussion”