What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
BARAGONZILLA
G-Grasper

Re: What ruined your day?

Postby BARAGONZILLA » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Feeling a bit under the weather, got this horrible cold I get pretty much annually in December. :(
This is the beginning of the end.

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Cramming for finals.
I will be true, for there are those who trust me.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:38 pm

Friend's currently in the hospital, Dad may be looking for another job soon, I can't sleep, and I was on another forum and some piece of poop decided to post spoilers for The Last Jedi.

For skreeonk's sake!
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Godzilla21
Kwaidan

Postby Godzilla21 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Those TLJ spoilers ruined my day too.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Kwaidan

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:58 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:Friend's currently in the hospital

Tell your friend I give out my wishes to get better. :(

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 am

Godzilla21 wrote:Those TLJ spoilers ruined my day too.

Did you get one of the images that has nothing to do with Star Wars, but has a spoiler for it in the image itself? Because that's what I got...
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Tell your friend I give out my wishes to get better. :(

Will do. Thanks. She's in much better shape than she was yesterday, so we're hoping this means she'll be back on her feet soon.
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Ryguy
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ryguy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:10 am

Condolences, SG. It's no fun being in the hospital

As for Star Wars spoilers, I would certainly like to avoid them at all costs. But if I do get spoiled, I'm not going to be too angry. Now Infinity War is a different story: if any jackass decides to spoil anything from that movie for me, torches will be lit
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

eabaker
Keizer

Postby eabaker » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Should have been done at work three hours ago, but I have been waiting to do a color correction pass on a cut, and the producer and editor have been working late. They just handed the cut over.

About twenty minutes ago, the boss texted and asked me if I'd been able to explain to the night assist how to do the color pass. He had no idea I was staying late to do it myself, apparently.

So I get to come in late tomorrow, but... my wife is dropping me off, and she has a doctor's appointment she has to make, so while I do get to come in late, I only get to come in one hour late, when by the time I leave tonight I'm sure I will have been here over 4 hours past the end of my shift.

Ugh.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Havoks
Yojimbo

Postby Havoks » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:35 pm

I Wouldn’t say being spoiled about The Last Jedi is what made me upset, what really ruined my day was the plot itself. I’m a huge Star Wars fan, I know basically everything from legends to current canon, and the series itself is a huge influence as to why I want to be a film maker, which I’m currently going to college for. But this plot, what this film does to the characters is a disgrace. If I continue, I might spoil something so I’ll just end it here and just say that this is probably the first time I’ve actually disliked a SW film, and that’s saying a lot.
Kuddly Kaijus!!!!: A kaiju plush toy kickstarter!!!!https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27918

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:51 am

eabaker wrote:Should have been done at work three hours ago, but I have been waiting to do a color correction pass on a cut, and the producer and editor have been working late. They just handed the cut over.

About twenty minutes ago, the boss texted and asked me if I'd been able to explain to the night assist how to do the color pass. He had no idea I was staying late to do it myself, apparently.

So I get to come in late tomorrow, but... my wife is dropping me off, and she has a doctor's appointment she has to make, so while I do get to come in late, I only get to come in one hour late, when by the time I leave tonight I'm sure I will have been here over 4 hours past the end of my shift.

Ugh.

Uber or lyft then

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:36 am

My wife had to go to the ER, cuz her knee gave out, so now she has to wear an immobilizer and use crutches to get around for a while. And I think I have the flu. Good times 'round here... :|

GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Grasper

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:02 am

MandaSaurus wrote:My wife had to go to the ER, cuz her knee gave out, so now she has to wear an immobilizer and use crutches to get around for a while. And I think I have the flu. Good times 'round here... :|

Sounds terrible. Hope you and your wife get better soon.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I just write because i go "Wow that would be fucken cool, dinosors punching the poop out of eachother"

King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:29 am

MandaSaurus wrote:My wife had to go to the ER, cuz her knee gave out, so now she has to wear an immobilizer and use crutches to get around for a while. And I think I have the flu. Good times 'round here... :|

Holy carp, sorry man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Kwaidan

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:55 am

Best wishes out to you and your wife man.

Maritonic
EDF Soldier

Postby Maritonic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am

You and yours are in my thoughts, my friend.
Resized Image

Someday, the sadness will end.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Zarm
EDF Soldier

Postby Zarm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:15 am

Havoks wrote:I Wouldn’t say being spoiled about The Last Jedi is what made me upset, what really ruined my day was the plot itself. I’m a huge Star Wars fan, I know basically everything from legends to current canon, and the series itself is a huge influence as to why I want to be a film maker, which I’m currently going to college for. But this plot, what this film does to the characters is a disgrace. If I continue, I might spoil something so I’ll just end it here and just say that this is probably the first time I’ve actually disliked a SW film, and that’s saying a lot.

I definitely don't want to be spoiled, but I can say that as someone similar (I'm re-reading the Hand of Thrawn duology right now), you are very much articulating my non-spoiled fears toward TLJ. One thing that I haven't been able to get out of my head when reading through Legends, much as I'm only re-reading the Batman era and so deeply cherish it... I can't NOT remember the horrible things that will be done to all these characters in NJO and beyond. Even if I try to ignore it, that's always going to be in the back of my head, retroactively tainting the experience of what came before with the knowledge of where they eventually took it.
The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 am

Went outside to get the chickens out of the yard. I noticed they were following me so I decided to lead them on a merry jaunt far from the yard before doubling back to the yard and closing the gate before they could get back in. I just rounded the corner of the truck when the rooster rammed into me like a comet. He made a few strikes which I tried to parry by kicking him before grabbing a stick and preparing to beat the dust fro his feathers. The stick broke midair on the first swing, so I made for the garden shed for the shovel and ran the rooster a few laps around the garden, all the while using vocabulary somewhere between Yiddish and Klingon.
I'm still a little rattled.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Keizer

Postby eabaker » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Godzillian wrote:
eabaker wrote:Should have been done at work three hours ago, but I have been waiting to do a color correction pass on a cut, and the producer and editor have been working late. They just handed the cut over.

Ugh.

Uber or lyft then

No way I could justify the expense of using one of those to get from the Valley to downtown LA.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maverick Centigrade
Kwaidan

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Well this happened last week, but I got to thinking about it again today. Long story short:

My mom is in liver failure. The chemotherapy and medication she's been taking on and off for 10 years, destroyed her body. There's nothing more doctor's can do. She's gonna have hospice service at her house, nurse will come once a week. She's doing ok right now, not in any pain or suffering, but it's a thing now.

It was such a good day that day too. It snowed in where I lived, and it hadn't done so since 1985, it was cool. I ordered some pizza, was watching Fraiser, and then I got the news.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

eabaker
Keizer

Postby eabaker » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Well this happened last week, but I got to thinking about it again today. Long story short:

My mom is in liver failure. The chemotherapy and medication she's been taking on and off for 10 years, destroyed her body. There's nothing more doctor's can do. She's gonna have hospice service at her house, nurse will come once a week. She's doing ok right now, not in any pain or suffering, but it's a thing now.

It was such a good day that day too. It snowed in where I lived, and it hadn't done so since 1985, it was cool. I ordered some pizza, was watching Fraiser, and then I got the news.

All my sympathy. Had to go through this process with my dad a couple of years ago, then with my mother-in-law a few months after that.

I hope you can get some quality time with her, during the time she has left. And I hope you have a good support system in place.

Return to “General Discussion”