What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by BooLugosi »

Having to pack up almost all of my SHMA I've been collecting since I was 12 to sell was a weirdly emotionally draining experience. I always knew becoming an adult would crush all of my dreams and make me give up on hobbies that made me happy but this still hurt pretty damn bad. Oh well, I couldn't catch up with the figures I missed buying anyway so whatever.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

BooLugosi wrote:Having to pack up almost all of my SHMA I've been collecting since I was 12 to sell was a weirdly emotionally draining experience. I always knew becoming an adult would crush all of my dreams and make me give up on hobbies that made me happy but this still hurt pretty damn bad. Oh well, I couldn't catch up with the figures I missed buying anyway so whatever.
Lemme guess, going to college or something?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

ALWAYS be a kid in heart.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

Got my wisdom teeth removed today, so I had to lay in bed the entire day with two ice packs on my cheeks and taking pain killers to ease the pain.
On the bright side, I got to spend almost an entire Monday doing nothing.
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

BooLugosi wrote:Having to pack up almost all of my SHMA I've been collecting since I was 12 to sell was a weirdly emotionally draining experience. I always knew becoming an adult would crush all of my dreams and make me give up on hobbies that made me happy but this still hurt pretty damn bad. Oh well, I couldn't catch up with the figures I missed buying anyway so whatever.
My grown up little Goth Girl, tsk, tsk......What you doing? Selling them off for what? Adult? Better not be because of some dude..... I collected since I was 5 and still do, even with a family. Others here have as well. What point is there in growing up if only to be miserable? Find a balance between both worlds. If its for financial reasons well then I guess that is the grown up thing to do....If anything you need hobbies as an adult because you'll go crazy living in the mundane.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I guess maybe it would be a bad idea to go sell everything. Maybe I'll make my own figures whenever I miss one of Tamashi's. I mean, I have some ideas in mind of how I could achieve that. :D

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

BooLugosi wrote:I guess maybe it would be a bad idea to go sell everything. Maybe I'll make my own figures whenever I miss one of Tamashi's. I mean, I have some ideas in mind of how I could achieve that. :D
Wait - why did you have to sell them exactly? Personal decision, was it forced or other?

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

SpaceG92 wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:I guess maybe it would be a bad idea to go sell everything. Maybe I'll make my own figures whenever I miss one of Tamashi's. I mean, I have some ideas in mind of how I could achieve that. :D
Wait - why did you have to sell them exactly? Personal decision, was it forced or other?
I still haven't decided but it's mainly because I'm so behind. :(

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

BooLugosi wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:

I mean, it's naturally all your choice. But so what if you're behind? Do you have to have EVERY figure? Just collect what you love! Your collection should just make you happy.

I agree 100% with what Goji89 said. I started collecting when I was about 7 or 8. 25 now, going on 26. I still have those figures in my collection. Is my collection 100% complete or perfect? Fuck no. But it makes me happy. My wife and I have compromised on the financial and space aspect of it, so we're both happy with it.

You do whatever makes you the happiest, naturally. But I would hate to see a fan sell their collection merely because they are behind on figure releases. These are hobbies, after all. Not competitions.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

BooLugosi wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:
Why do you care if you don't have the newer figures? That's a pretty poor reason to want to sell them. Get figures and keep them because you like them not because you have to get every single one

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Feeling another cold coming on.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Godzillian wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote: Wait - why did you have to sell them exactly? Personal decision, was it forced or other?
Why do you care if you don't have the newer figures? That's a pretty poor reason to want to sell them. Get figures and keep them because you like them not because you have to get every single one
Exactly. It doesn't bug me to only add Drakengard 3's soundtrack to my collection and no others from said franchise, mainly because that's the soundtrack I love most.
Do what you love (as long as it's not detrimental, habits like arson are hard to break kid).
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Feeling another cold coming on.
How many is that now?
SpaceG92 wrote:SpaceG92: By all that is holy -

MM: The ban hammer's sealed my fate. The forums can no longer comfort me. Place the crown upon my head -

forever more, I will be the shepard of the damned.

SpaceG92: No my friend, I cannot -

MM: DO IT SPACEG92! You and these moderators have your own lives to live. Let this be what I am remembered for.

SpaceG92: You will not be forgotten -

MM: I MUST be forgotten! If the world is to live free from the tyranny of fear, they must never know what has transpired here today.

-tell them only that the trolls are dead, and that MonsterMaster died with them.

The Troll King: NOW GO! LEAVE THIS PLACE AND NEVER RETURN!
I monologue things like this a lot, much to my Mom's despair.
So I guess what ruined my MOM's day is the fact I can repeat from memory the first twelve minutes or so of the Hobbit and recite the LOTR script for twenty minutes.
No, I do not have a life.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote: No, I do not have a life.
Wouldn't expect less from your average TK'er....... :lol: .

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

BooLugosi wrote:I still haven't decided but it's mainly because I'm so behind. :(
You shouldn't have to feel bad to the point of selling your figures. I only have the Destoroyah Evo Set and the SCV G2000, and I don't think I will get more than a figure per year with those prices, still, won't give up on that. Being an adult sucks, and yes, it means to say goodbye to lots and lots of stuff, but there are some things that should never go, and that's each one's decision.
Superrex wrote:Got my wisdom teeth removed today, so I had to lay in bed the entire day with two ice packs on my cheeks and taking pain killers to ease the pain.
Reminds me mine's growing right now. :(

Anyway... the thing that ruined my day was becoming a pariah in the DC Comics fandom. People hates me because I don't think DC will get any further after the Justice League movie, and then calls me a smart-ass just because I prefer the comic books. Just got kicked out of a Facebook group because I corrected the admin about some missinformation he was giving.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I lost my wallet on my walk to the bus station...

...only to find it about ten minutes later.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Yet another night of poor sleep. It makes battling depression damn near impossible, and makes exercising impossible as well, which makes the depression worse.
And it feels like Thursday, but it's only Wednesday. What I wouldn't give for one good damn night's sleep.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Maritonic wrote:Yet another night of poor sleep. It makes battling depression damn near impossible, and makes exercising impossible as well, which makes the depression worse.
And it feels like Thursday, but it's only Wednesday. What I wouldn't give for one good damn night's sleep.
Dont worry bud, you will get a good night's sleep. I believe it, just hang in there.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

We had to take one if our dog to the pound today. It's the worst experience of my life.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

godzilla1541 wrote:We had to take one if our dog to the pound today. It's the worst experience of my life.
If it's okay to ask, why'd you have to take him there? What happened?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Going to Target to see if they had the new Lego Star Wars Desert Skiff, got there at what I thought was just in time, a lady was just putting them out. I asked if she happened to have the specific set in a box that was opened and she just kinda ignored me. I walked away, and decided just to kind of linger in the toy aisles until they were done. About 45 minutes passed and she's still stocking the same endcap. Then I noticed her holding 4 of the set I asked for, putting it in a box, and putting it back on the little cart thing, and moving onto stock it onto another aisle. Decided to just give up and wait for another day or another store to get it in.
:gigan: