What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
F4ZaTE_X wrote: I can talk to him elsewhere. He's lurking, so if he wants me to tell you where, I can.
Twitter and Facebook? I dont have accounts on those
No and no. Check your PMs.
Okay, thanks
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

FEMBROLY!!!!!

That is all.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:Ya know I hate Trump, hate him a lot. But these types of protests, get nothing done. The moment people get hurt, and damage to property occurs, it's all undone.
Oh yeah some people just use protests as an excuse to cause trouble.
We call them anarchist.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

To add on to an already shitty day, I found out that a video game I created sounds for has lost its development team because the lead designer/head of the project ripped sprites from other games and modified them to make his own. This is theft.

I was paid for it, but I busted my ass throughout December to get that finished. Now I have nothing to show for it except for a "sound reel" that will likely never see the light of day. That's just my fucking luck. I have a sea of unproduced shit on my hard drive.

I don't know what else to say except that I'm very bitter right now.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Just Plain Dan
G-Force Personnel

Post by Just Plain Dan »

It was a common one: fast food problems. Was ordering at carry out at Taco Bell, and ultimately had to wait 20 minutes for my food and then found out when I got home that they got my order wrong. Sad thing is, the location I went to has this happen all the time: long waits and order mess-ups. So they're never getting my business again.

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Just had a shitty night and nearly had a breakdown.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Showa Gyaos wrote:To add on to an already shitty day, I found out that a video game I created sounds for has lost its development team because the lead designer/head of the project ripped sprites from other games and modified them to make his own. This is theft.

I was paid for it, but I busted my ass throughout December to get that finished. Now I have nothing to show for it except for a "sound reel" that will likely never see the light of day. That's just my fucking luck. I have a sea of unproduced shit on my hard drive.

I don't know what else to say except that I'm very bitter right now.
Ah geez. I'm sorry man. I tried getting into game development once so it pains me to hear this happen to someone who actually was working on one.

Added in 2 minutes 15 seconds:
Godzilla The King wrote:Just had a shitty night and nearly had a breakdown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFaAgEwunm4

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Showa Gyaos wrote:To add on to an already shitty day, I found out that a video game I created sounds for has lost its development team because the lead designer/head of the project ripped sprites from other games and modified them to make his own. This is theft.
Honestly, this hasn't stopped "GoFund Me" for fan games used ripped Megaman sprites. i personally have no problem with using ripped/modified sprites for fan project. However - as soon as money is involved, it becomes an issue. It all really depends on the company too. Some are cool with using their assets for fan games which i think SEGA has acknowledged fan games a few times using their assets. Some like to wait until it's nearly done and then slam them with a C@D *cough*Nintendo*cough* - *cough*Hasbro*cough*. It all falls under what the company (and law) classifies as "Fair Use" or if they care :P

Still sucks though that you did all that work for nothing. :(

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Living Corpse wrote:Ah geez. I'm sorry man. I tried getting into game development once so it pains me to hear this happen to someone who actually was working on one.
There was going to be crowdfunding for it and everything, and would have potentially led to further work for myself. It was a huge boost to my self esteem, but I feel like a popped balloon now that it isn't happening.

However, it wasn't anything huge. It was going to be an 8-bit platforming game; a throwback to classic NES run-and-jump titles like Super Mario Bros. and similar games.
SpaceG92 wrote:Honestly, this hasn't stopped "GoFund Me" for fan games used ripped Megaman sprites. i personally have no problem with using ripped/modified sprites for fan project. However - as soon as money is involved, it becomes an issue. It all really depends on the company too. Some are cool with using their assets for fan games which i think SEGA has acknowledged fan games a few times using their assets. Some like to wait until it's nearly done and then slam them with a C@D *cough*Nintendo*cough* - *cough*Hasbro*cough*. It all falls under what the company (and law) classifies as "Fair Use" or if they care :P

Still sucks though that you did all that work for nothing. :(
The kicker was that the sprites weren't stolen from a major publisher like Nintendo. They were stolen from an unfinished 8-bit title that was being made by another independent developer. I think it's even lower to take something from a small indie developer and claim it as one's own work.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

A day in town that lasted waaaaay too long (we live more than a hour from town).
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Green Bay losing yesterday. :(
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

I think I have bronchitis or walking pneumonia or something. But I can't quite be sure of what it is exactly
Member of TK Since 2006

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:godzillafan1954 was temp banned!
Good, now I won't have to see
"No flampebait intended guys!!!111" all. the. time. :lol: :roll:

On Topic- was gonna get another tat (I just got the Blair witch stick man on my hand 2 days ago) but life happened so now im going to have to wait
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Couldn't find the spare key, so I got stuck outside my own home for about half an hour.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and heard my cats yowling at each other. I scooped one up and I am keeping her in my room, where she proceeds to pass gas. I really, really hope she doesn't need to go to the bathroom later...
Resized Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Coobzilla03 wrote:I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and heard my cats yowling at each other. I scooped one up and I am keeping her in my room, where she proceeds to pass gas. I really, really hope she doesn't need to go to the bathroom later...
Cat farts are rare. They produce all the rainbows in the world and if I were you I'd trump that pussy and rub it all over, women love it, its an aphrodisiac to them.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Coobzilla03 wrote:I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and heard my cats yowling at each other. I scooped one up and I am keeping her in my room, where she proceeds to pass gas. I really, really hope she doesn't need to go to the bathroom later...
Our dog used to do that. They never made a noise (except maybe a faint "whoosh"), which only made it worse. It was as if his butt was a sniper with a silenced gas-launching gun.
Sorry to have fun at your expense buuuut I'm quoting this into "what made you laugh today." :P
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Tried to write more of my K.W.C. matches but my skreeonking writers block gets in the way... -_-

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Tried to write more of my K.W.C. matches but my skreeonking writers block gets in the way... -_-
I feel you, man. I have a bad case of it now. I'm stuck at a fight scene as usual.
Resized Image

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Just got laid off the evening shift tonight due to low bookings apparently.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)