What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by eabaker »

MinorBone Good wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:
MinorBone Good wrote:Lost in a 24 hour film challenge, not even getting second or third.
Aw man, sorry to hear that. But rememeber: even the greats were once unacknowledged. :D
(Pardon my cheesy optimisim, but seriously, don't give up!)
Ah, don't worry about the cheese and optimism. I practically breath them all the time in my life ;) . Should probably get some sleep now after staying up for 36 hours.
I've participated in a ton of 24/48 hour film projects. Never won anything, but I've gotten a lot of really good practice out of them; they're a great way to sharpen skills and practice thinking creatively fast.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I watched Suicide Squad.....

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

The one time I attempt to shave my legs and I cut my thumb pretty deep with the razor. Lost a good amount of my blood. Most dissapointing thing is that I didn't even get to shave one. :(
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

goji89 wrote:I watched Suicide Squad.....
RIP
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Dad and I had a huge fallout with one another and worst after fuming off. I got out of bed before suddenly tumbling and scraping my left cheek against the edge angle of my table causing a deep cut that needed stitches.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Dad and I had a huge fallout with one another and worst after fuming off. I got out of bed before suddenly tumbling and scraping my left cheek against the edge angle of my table causing a deep cut that needed stitches.
Damn, sorry to hear that.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MikeSTZillak wrote:Damn, sorry to hear that.
To think the day before my birthday. Couldn't had been better amIriteorwut? -_-

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I attempted to send/share a funny little Mother's Day animation on YouTube to my mother's Facebook account. It didn't turn out well...
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

On my way home from work, I ran over some debris on the bypass and destroyed my front grill and license plate. I saw it coming, but I didn't register it in time to dodge it...... :evil:
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Missing Link which so far is the best movie I've seen this year sadly found out was a bomb. Such a shame such an masterpiece like that gets overshadowed by crap like those soulless live-action Disney cash-grabs.

Missing Link also shows an animated film doesn't have to rely on common overused tropes nowadays like how *Cough* Disney and Pixar keeps regurgitating all over again. Twist Villain...Pre-Climax Argument. Looking at you both...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Notre Dame burning has really put me in a bad mood. I'm just hoping some of it is left standing when all is said and done.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:Notre Dame burning has really put me in a bad mood. I'm just hoping some of it is left standing when all is said and done.
Same. I usually make fun of France, but there's nothing to poke fun at with this. It just feels like a part of European history itself is burning away.
Last edited by Darth Kiryu on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I was planning on taking my girls to see it this summer, like my parents did me and my siblings growing up. Love that bloody place something fierce, and it's absolutely heartbreaking to see Notre Dame burning away before our very eyes. I hope the men and women out there battling the fires can save some of it, but even still, it'll take years for Notre Dame to get restored.

#BotM

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Godzilla165 wrote:I was planning on taking my girls to see it this summer, like my parents did me and my siblings growing up. Love that bloody place something fierce, and it's absolutely heartbreaking to see Notre Dame burning away before our very eyes. I hope the men and women out there battling the fires can save some of it, but even still, it'll take years for Notre Dame to get restored.

Even if it gets restored it will never be the same. So much of what burned away was hundreds of years old. Putting up new material just won't be the same.

I've always wanted to see it. And now I might never get to.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Notre Dame will stand again, that’s been promised. But dammit, even still, the sheer amount of history that seeped from every orifice of that beautiful place can never be brought back. The building will return one day, but it won’t be the same as when my family and I went across the bay to see it every summer, or ever. 850 years lost in a single day.

#BotM

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

I was hoping to just put stressful morning of volunteer work down for today, but unforunately I also have to add the loss of a historically and spiritually important monument to my stressers today. As a Christian and a lover of classical archeticture, this was heartbreaking. At least not all of it is gone.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Titanoterror98 wrote:At least not all of it is gone.
Thank God for that!
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Anyone know how the fire began? Naturally? Intentional or is there no source known?

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Anyone know how the fire began? Naturally? Intentional or is there no source known?
The sources are saying it was most likely accidental.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/latest-hol ... -1.4381280
Under the 11:15 pm update.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Titanoterror98 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Anyone know how the fire began? Naturally? Intentional or is there no source known?
The sources are saying it was most likely accidental.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/latest-hol ... -1.4381280
Under the 11:15 pm update.
Still tragic.

Though it would had been more tragic if it was intentional like an terrorist attack...:(