What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:You guys remember why I was banned from CR forums right? For "breaking the fourth wall" and continuing a joke past two posts.
CR fourms?
CrunchyRoll.

And about the fourth wall? That means you can't mention that you're on a forum in any of your posts. Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. (Hey, I've lived a sheltered life.)
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:And about the fourth wall? That means you can't mention that you're on a forum in any of your posts. Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. (Hey, I've lived a sheltered life.)
It's not that you're not worldly enough; that really is pretty much the dumbest thing ever.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

eabaker wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:And about the fourth wall? That means you can't mention that you're on a forum in any of your posts. Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. (Hey, I've lived a sheltered life.)
It's not that you're not worldly enough; that really is pretty much the dumbest thing ever.
Seriously.

Nevermind TK is awesome
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

That 4th wall rule is absolutely the most silly thing I have ever heard
Resized Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Coobzilla03 wrote:That 4th wall rule is absolutely the most silly thing I have ever heard
Just remember, you did hear it. You absolutely did not read it, because we're all sitting in the same physical space, having this conversation out loud. We are in no way communicating with each other via text from in some cases thousands of miles from one another. Not at all.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

eabaker wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:That 4th wall rule is absolutely the most silly thing I have ever heard
Just remember, you did hear it. You absolutely did not read it, because we're all sitting in the same physical space, having this conversation out loud. We are in no way communicating with each other via text from in some cases thousands of miles from one another. Not at all.
Indeed, we're all sitting together in the same room speaking with our mouths, and hearing with our ears.
Resized Image

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

^ And like 90% of us are Godzilla. I’m two cartoon characters looking at each other.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KaijuCanuck wrote:^ And like 90% of us are Godzilla. I’m two cartoon characters looking at each other.
And it's not at all weird that those two obviously Canadian characters (with their flapping heads) are constantly in the physical presence of Japanese monsters.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:^ And like 90% of us are Godzilla. I’m two cartoon characters looking at each other.
And it's not at all weird that those two obviously Canadian characters (with their flapping heads) are constantly in the physical presence of Japanese monsters.
I love this place. :lol:

...Come here often?
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Guys, I could be wrong, but I think I'm detecting an edge of sarcasm in the current conversation? It's almost like you're implying that we somehow aren't all discussing this face-to-face, and possibly even that I'm not actually Anguirus! It's disturbing, frankly, and a little bit insulting.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

JAGzilla wrote:Guys, I could be wrong, but I think I'm detecting an edge of sarcasm in the current conversation? It's almost like you're implying that we somehow aren't all discussing this face-to-face, and possibly even that I'm not actually Anguirus! It's disturbing, frankly, and a little bit insulting.
Hey JAGzilla, there's something funny going on here so you better go check it out.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm so confused about what you mean when youre talking about sarcasm, JAGzilla. Then again, I just crawled out of the ocean so who knows.

Into what ruined my day, I just accidentally downloaded some adware (the laserdomania stuff and betterworld) and now have to spend the rest of the night trying to fix it. Did i mention i have no idea how to fix it and my wifi turns off at 11:30? Yeah, fun. :roll:

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Okaaaay!

And in the interest of being on topic: not a full-on day-ruiner, but obnoxious. I finally opened and shelved a large pile of toys that I've bought over the last few months, and a few turned out to be disappointments. The 3.75" Black Series FO Stormtrooper is just a pathetic figure in general, very limited in the poses it can be put in. Looks decent, at least. And then the 6" Marvel Legends Homecoming Spider-Man's left leg wasn't attached and doesn't want to connect to the ball joint very tightly, though I did get the figure to solidly stay standing regardless. And the new ML Wasp had a badly warped right leg. She'll stand, but it looks terrible. I plan on hanging her up in a flying pose eventually, though, so no real problem.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Asked a girl out recently. She said yes and when discussing our schedules she said "maybe Thursday" (today). I message her in the morning to see if we're on for today or not and she neither answers my message nor thinks of sending me one of her own until well after dark - And there's no opportunity for us to try again until a week from now. Then later, when discussing something with a friend (unrelated to the girl), he responds to my opinion on the matter with "Who gives a shit?" Which makes me feel just the best.

So, yeah. Ready for this day to be over with any time now.
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

Remembering that it's been a year since Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, passed away.
LONG LIVE THE KING

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Being at work. I am sooooo done with this job.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Learning that my parents are chopping down a tree in our front yard. I know that sounds incredibly lame or stupid but let me explain.

In general I just love nature and everything. And when we built this house over 20 years ago we decided to leave one tree out in the front yard. It’s a very pretty tree. Some of my earliest memories are playing around it at like 4-5 years of age. Anyway the roots have been growing under our driveway and are finally about ready to destroy the whole thing. We didn’t have the foresight to realize that would happen. So my parents are going to have it chainsawed down. Can’t really blame them as we are out of options. But just knowing it’s been alive for so long and will soon be gone just disturbs and saddens me deeply. I don’t want to watch it happen and I will miss seeing it really bad.

I guess maybe I’m just too soft to care this much for a tree but after loosing two people in my family already in 2018 this is bumming me out.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Troyal1 wrote:I guess maybe I’m just too soft to care this much for a tree but after loosing two people in my family already in 2018 this is bumming me out.
Empathy is a strength, not a weakness.

You feel for the tree. As the best of us should.

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

eabaker wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:I guess maybe I’m just too soft to care this much for a tree but after loosing two people in my family already in 2018 this is bumming me out.
Empathy is a strength, not a weakness.

You feel for the tree. As the best of us should.
That's very nice of you man. I think i will atleast tell my them how i feel about it i think. Get it off my chest cause it is bugging me. I wish i did not care XD

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I see the new Godzilla trailer all over the internet, but I'm in such a shit mood today that I can't bring myself to watch it, knowing that I won't be remotely able to enjoy it.