What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Jesse
Samurai

Re: What runied your day?

Post by Jesse »

This isn't really something that ruined a particular day, but it has been on my mind lately.

So, I'm a Junior in college, having fun as hell and getting a 3.8 GPA. However, it's what's after college that's getting me, especially today. I'm a special education major and if I agree to teach after college, I get all my loans paid for. I want to go to grad school for clinical psychology though (focusing on autism) and I might not have the money to pay for grad school. If I go to grad school, loans will go through the roof and my family aren't exactly swimming in cash.

So, be kinda happy, have everything paid for, and teach or seek my dream to become a clinical psychologist and not have much money?

LOL MY DAILY RANT LOLZ

Jesse
Samurai

Post by Jesse »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
I'm facing a similar issue. However, I'm three year's off. I'm just becoming a sophomore in college now.

My advice...teach. How long do you ahve to teach to get the loans paid off? 5 or 10 years? If I teacher at a Title 1 school for 5 years, half of my loans get paid off. 10 for all of them.

See, teach while going to grad school. A lot of my teachers were forced to get masters while I was in high school and they taught and went to grad school at the same time.

It's not easy or fun, but you get what you want. You just have to wait a little longer.
From what I hear, it's only 5 years, which isn't too bad. But yeah, many people have recommended getting the loans paid off and going to grad school later or while I teach. I'm kind of leaning towards this decision, too. Are you a special education major as well?

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Eh. I've been having trouble dealing with alot of my exes, friends, and potential relationships lately. All three have mixed together and are causing alot've confusion.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

My day was ruined yesterday when I tried fixing my desktop by installing the new power supply by myself only having it do the exact same thing it was doing before and not turning on. So I have a feeling that the new PSU is DOA which means I'll have to wait another week or so before I can have my computer up and running. I'm half tempted that once I get a job applying for a Newegg card and just build myself a new computer.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

spinzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by spinzilla »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm so bored right now. I wish I would get a new Gold Membership card for Xboxlive soon.
Not being rude, but what's stopping you?
He has told you, O man, what is good;
and fwhat does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,2
and to gwalk humbly with your God?

Micah 6:8
“I will take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me. ”
― Jim Rohn

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Well my computer might be dead which is going to piss me off since it's about two and half years old. I gave it to my brother in law earlier today to see if he could get it working because I thought maybe I installed it wrong. When I gave it too him I asked him to check to see if the power cable the connects the front power button to the motherboard was loose and he didn't, I also asked him to test his powersupply since he's going to be building a computer next week (getting his parts in this week) and he did and it did the same thing and still wouldn't turn on.

So now I might have to build a new computer normally I'd consider this a good thing but since I'm currently jobless again and the money I will be getting soon I wanted to apply toward a new more fuel efficent car makes me kind of erked. So yeah until I find out whats going on I'm kind of pissed. Though part of me would really like a new computer and I did a simple configuration tonight for a pretty bad ass PC but the other part of me wants to wait until I have other stuff taken care of first.

</rant>

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

RHF
GPN Volunteer

Post by RHF »

My Cat chewed on my head phones. Again! That's the second pair, 3 in total, that she's OM NOM NOM.

Which is odd since I've had 3 cats before her, and they never chewed on anything they shouldn't.
For great justice, and fruit pies!

spinzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by spinzilla »

Hellspawn28 wrote:
spinzilla wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm so bored right now. I wish I would get a new Gold Membership card for Xboxlive soon.
Not being rude, but what's stopping you?
I can't drive, when I made that post my Mom was at work.
You can use (if you have one) a credit or debit card to order more time straight off xbox live.
He has told you, O man, what is good;
and fwhat does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,2
and to gwalk humbly with your God?

Micah 6:8
“I will take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me. ”
― Jim Rohn

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

^Spin it's often cheaper to get a card since you can get a year for like $40 or less sometimes.

Back on topic my motherboard is the problem with my computer so I need to get that RMAed going to file that soon. If that's not the cause the it's the processor and if that's the case then I'm just going to build a new computer in September.

PC Specs

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Tyler wrote:My eye is f*cking killing me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqsYxdm9 ... re=channel
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

My brother ran away from home. Probably just trying to scare us...
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:My brother ran away from home. Probably just trying to scare us...
Change the locks.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Got my freaking wisdom teeth out. Hurts like hell.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

alienhulk2099 wrote:Orgasmatron still hasn't gotten back to me about that PM I sent him and I'm getting concerned.
it is not my problem to solve

i personally have no problems with you but i am not the only one in charge of kaiju collector

you and frank have to work this one out
formerly known as Godzilla1964

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

alienhulk2099 wrote: I've tried and he's being extremely irrational on it.
well thats all i can say

if i do get a chance ill talk to him about it

but im not making any promises

i have not been in the admin scene of kaiju collector recently for as long as frank and i respect all his decisions and actions
formerly known as Godzilla1964

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

Car won't start, need a new car battery. Still haven't cashed my check, and I've currently got no way of getting to a bank. It's Monday and I'm always in a rotten mood on Mondays.

That ruined my day.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Arrow wrote:Car won't start, need a new car battery. Still haven't cashed my check, and I've currently got no way of getting to a bank. It's Monday and I'm always in a rotten mood on Mondays.

That ruined my day.
Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays!
bleep bloop

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

Legionmaster wrote:
Arrow wrote:Car won't start, need a new car battery. Still haven't cashed my check, and I've currently got no way of getting to a bank. It's Monday and I'm always in a rotten mood on Mondays.

That ruined my day.
Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays!
Hell yes. It is undeniably the worst day of the week.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Did completely random stuff today instead of working on Creative Writing short story. Yeah, I'm a procrastinator.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

G1 Startruck Jonez
Interpol Agent

Post by G1 Startruck Jonez »

This thread's name should be changed to "Things that upset you Today" cause honestly, theres a couple of you guys that have very minor things ruin your day I'm suprised the suicide rate is not up.
word.
Geek Culture for the Geek in us all - https://www.facebook.com/G1and2
Become a fan.