What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Maritonic wrote:Edit: I totally read your post too fast hahahaha. Glad you're starting to feel better!
Thanks really appreciated, though I feel I'm not exactly out of the woods as yesterday I was a bit better then it came back at night though I admit the ache in my stomach is gone so that should be a sign I should be better soon enough.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue May 08, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

eabaker wrote: I'd say "too weird for a weird fiction magazine" is an achievement in its own right, and you should take some pride in that! :D

I was briefly involved in a web series called "Make Your Friends Uncomfortable," and a sketch a friend and I wrote was rejected by the producer because it made her too uncomfortable.
Well, you made someone uncomfortable, so mission accomplished! :lol:

But yeah, I may just need to make my own plaque, especially since one of the accepted stories was about a woman who eats a fish that turns her into a lizard-person who transcends the physical realm. :eh: Mine was an open-ended story about a group of lobster fishermen who wind up lost in a deserted and seemingly unnatural part of the ocean.
GIGAN05 wrote: If it's only consolation, J.K Rowling went through 20+ rejects before Harry Potter got published.
If she can make it, you will too.
Thanks GIGs. :huge:

I think I found the rejection issue though: they've all been horror stories, a genre I like but don't love writing about.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Skreeonking bus driver should be fired. I waited fifteen minutes at the bus stop since I had an dentist appointment now I had to reschedule it...-_-

Oh and I'm still under the weather. This bug or flu whatever keeps coming and going. Gonna try fasting myself to see if that works because my stomach isn't aching for the time being.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed May 09, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Skreeonking bus driver should be fired. I waited fifteen minutes at the bus stop since I had an dentist appointment now I had to reschedule it...-_-

Oh and I'm still under the weather. This bug or flu whatever keeps coming and going. Gonna try fasting myself to see if that works because my stomach isn't aching for the time being.
Sorry 1990's. Hope you feel better soon.

As for me, a chap I've talked to for a while at school just invited me to join his cult.
goji89 wrote:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:As for me, a chap I've talked to for a while at school just invited me to join his cult.
I feel like this needs some more context hahah. Do tell.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Sorry 1990's. Hope you feel better soon.

As for me, a chap I've talked to for a while at school just invited me to join his cult.
Thanks very appreciated. Maybe I was too harsh on the bus driver so I take back what I said about him/her being fired as they could've been going through some trouble. Heat of the moment considering how I'm feeling right now.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Thanks very appreciated. Maybe I was too harsh on the bus driver so I take back what I said about him/her being fired as they could've been going through some trouble. Heat of the moment considering how I'm feeling right now.
There's a verse in the Bible, "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man." I would suggest that the same applies here; there is something about another human being behind the wheel of a vehicle that has the universal ability to generator an irrational, almost-homicidal rage at the slightest provocation; it's just a skill that all human beings seem to have. :) I sincerely doubt you are anywhere near alone in having a moment of overly-harsh rage at a fellow driver... or a bus driver in specific. ;)
Last edited by Zarm on Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Zarm wrote:There's a verse in the Bible, "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man." I would suggest that the same applies here; there is something about another human being behind the wheel of a vehicle that has the ability to generator an irrational, almost-homicidal rage at the slightest provocation; it's just a skill that people have. I sincerely doubt you are anywhere near alone in having a moment of overly-harsh rage at a fellow driver... or a bus driver in specific. :)
Nah I'm not. I wouldn't let it out on him/her.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:As for me, a chap I've talked to for a while at school just invited me to join his cult.
Yep, you cant just let that one hang. :p Spill, Daws!!!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
In short: he worships Thor.

He said in one of the towns nearby there's a group called the "Odin Brotherhood" who keep the "honorable way of the Viking" alive. He also mentioned an initiation, special rituals, and Norse descended Caucasian members only (as he explained, they were supposedly the "peak of human evolution" and "destined to bring Valhalla"). The brotherhood he was a part of apparently worships Thor, explaining the little carved hammer thing he wears around his neck.

It just caught me by surprise. He had seemed to be an average guy who liked random conversation up until he sprung this on me. And trust me, the dude wasn't joking.
goji89 wrote:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

He said in one of the towns nearby there's a group called the "Odin Brotherhood" who keep the "honorable way of the Viking" alive. He also mentioned an initiation, special rituals, and Norse descended Caucasian members only (as he explained, they were supposedly the "peak of human evolution" and "destined to bring Valhalla"). The brotherhood he was a part of apparently worships Thor, explaining the little carved hammer thing he wears around his neck.

It just caught me by surprise. He had seemed to be an average guy who liked random conversation up until he sprung this on me. And trust me, the dude wasn't joking.
Yeah, well, they all thought Dahmer was a pretty average normal guy too...

Definitely a uh. Unique interaction.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

I am now very curious to know what he thinks of the Marvel movies. :)

Fortunate for you, you've got a rather more-comprehensive, historically-existent, actually-the-Son-of-the-Ruler-of-all-creation savior to focus on instead. :) Mayhaps one day, he'll be the one accepting an invitation instead...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Say you don't want to join, in a polite way. Or they will probably kidnap you and when you awaken you must battle them with a sword - in the name of Valhalla. I speak from experience. :lol:

Remember kids, the only good cult is Master Anno's Brotherhood.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote: Norse descended Caucasian members only (as he explained, they were supposedly the "peak of human evolution" and "destined to bring Valhalla").

Hhmmmm.......Caucasian members only, peak of human evolution and predestined to bring Valhalla....Where have I seen something similar to this? Damn its on the tip of my tongue.....I Kant figure it out, my tongue is in a Knot, I should Know this. Oh well must be my imagination.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote: Norse descended Caucasian members only (as he explained, they were supposedly the "peak of human evolution" and "destined to bring Valhalla").

Hhmmmm.......Caucasian members only, peak of human evolution and predestined to bring Valhalla....Where have I seen something similar to this? Damn its on the tip of my tongue.....I Kant figure it out, my tongue is in a Knot, I should Know this. Oh well must be my imagination.
When I got to "Kant," I was like, "Wait, Immanuel Kant wasn't a white supremacist, was he?"

When I got to "Knot," I just figured that was a philosopher I didn't know anything about.

It didn't really click until "Know."

Thanks for taking me on that little journey!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote:
goji89 wrote:

When I got to "Kant," I was like, "Wait, Immanuel Kant wasn't a white supremacist, was he?"

When I got to "Knot," I just figured that was a philosopher I didn't know anything about.

It didn't really click until "Know."

Thanks for taking me on that little journey!
Follow the argument wherever it may lead...... Socrates. :huge:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

eabaker wrote:
goji89 wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had that as a first reaction. :)

Actually, not to invoke a certain well-known internet rule... but weren't trappings of Norse mythology, kind of twisted around, and using wagnerianus overtones, along with caucasian purity, kind of a basis for the philosophy of a certain German military/political force that tended to have frequent clashes with a well-known Fedora-wearing archaeologist?

...in other words, the Thugee Cult?
Last edited by Zarm on Wed May 09, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote: Hhmmmm.......Caucasian members only, peak of human evolution and predestined to bring Valhalla....Where have I seen something similar to this? Damn its on the tip of my tongue.....I Kant figure it out, my tongue is in a Knot, I should Know this. Oh well must be my imagination.
Kuite a Koincidence there Kompadre. :-x
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Say you don't want to join, in a polite way. Or they will probably kidnap you and when you awaken you must battle them with a sword - in the name of Valhalla.
Mad Daws: Fury Road. :lol:
Zarm wrote: I am now very curious to know what he thinks of the Marvel movies. :)

Fortunate for you, you've got a rather more-comprehensive, historically-existent, actually-the-Son-of-the-Ruler-of-all-creation savior to focus on instead. :) Mayhaps one day, he'll be the one accepting an invitation instead...
1- That's what I thought. He said they hate Loki because he "embodies gay people", so that may effect things further.

2- I pray so Zarm, trust me.

3- About the Indiana Jones thing: only shave infrequently so it may just be meant to be. :lol:
goji89 wrote:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

goji89 wrote:

I gotta say, I did Nazi this coming.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Wed May 09, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.