What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Hang in there Maritonic. Prayers are still out for your little guy.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

I also have no desire to have children.
But what ruined my day was my dad insisting on talking politics twice. Look, I love him very much, but we are so diametrically opposed that it just makes me angry to explore that with him.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I just sliced a good chunk off of my index finger while at work.........In the hospital right now.

I lost a good amount of blood so im feeling woozy........

Thank God its NOT my good hand.....if you know what I mean

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote:I just sliced a good chunk off of my index finger while at work
What on Earth do you do at work?

Either way, sorry it happened goji.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:What on Earth do you do at work?
What else would goji89 do at work? He makes constant masturbation jokes, the same as he does everywhere else.
Last edited by eabaker on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote:
What else would goji89 do at work? He makes constant masturbation jokes, the same as he does everywhere else.
I most certainly do NOT make constant masturbation jokes.......Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna watch a classy movie about a woman named Debbie who works in Dallas.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

goji89 wrote:
eabaker wrote:
I most certainly do NOT make constant masturbation jokes.......Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna watch a classy movie about a woman named Debbie who works in Dallas.
No one under 30 will get that reference
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm 29 and I got it. Only thanks to Robot Chicken and the infamous Monster Island version, but still.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: No one under 30 will get that reference
I mean its no Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman but come on, surely SOMEONE will get it.....right?

Otherwise this golden joke got wasted on you babies.

Aaaaaand it wasted?

Eabaker.....Oh shiit, I just realized you're right :oops: .
Last edited by goji89 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

My friend just tricked me into going out for wings and drinks when all I wanted to do was sit at home by myself. How dare he make me have fun! :mad:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

On the flip side, my friend canned our trip to see Jurassic World 2 this weekend (that he was paying for) because he got a parking ticket and doesn't have the money to buy the tickets anymore.

Of course, had he bought the tickets to the highly anticipated, likely to be sold out movie a few weeks ago when we were planning this...

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

UltramanGoji wrote:On the flip side, my friend canned our trip to see Jurassic World 2 this weekend (that he was paying for) because he got a parking ticket and doesn't have the money to buy the tickets anymore.

Of course, had he bought the tickets to the highly anticipated, likely to be sold out movie a few weeks ago when we were planning this...
How he dare he stop you from having fun!

Seriously though that blows. Dude should get his game together because dinosaurs.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

So, at work, we're breaking in a new machine (well, we've had it for a year and a half, and only now have their support guys got it at all functioning for our need) for ingesting footage. Because it's a new workflow, and has been so buggy, we're only using it on one show, and on that one show we're only using it to bring in footage from one type of camera.

And today, because of a single corrupt file, I lost well over half of my work day just trying to get my editing system to even open up. A ton of footage got knocked offline for a fellow assistant editor who was trying to sync footage, and even one of our story producers had footage offline for awhile.

The machine is from a Portuguese company, so I was having to communicate with their owner (who is also the only person there who both speaks English and is competent) via TeamViewer to address the problem.

I wasn't even able to take my fucking lunch break until about 4:20.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Genjira Overwatch
Samurai

Post by Genjira Overwatch »

I found out that the Argentinian government doesn't allow the export of dinosaur fossils to commercial retailers outside of their borders, so my hopes of buying a Carnotaurus tooth to put on a necklace have been dashed, because I absolutely can not afford plane tickets to Argentina, just to go to a pay-to-dig site, then travel ALL THE WAY BACK TO VIRGINIA.......... Buncha assholes, that's what those suit n'tie people in Argentina are :g2k:
Last edited by Genjira Overwatch on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Just woke up in a Denny's parking lot thanks to that stupid TK drinking game. They say I just staggered around shouting "Remember the Alamo" and "I'll get you for this Canuck". How I ended up like this when I just drank tea is still a mystery. Maybe I shouldn't age it in the fridge after all...
Anyway I'm gonna get some pre-frozen food. Peace out.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Just woke up in a Denny's parking lot thanks to that stupid TK drinking game. They say I just staggered around shouting "Remember the Alamo" and "I'll get you for this Canuck". How I ended up like this when I just drank tea is still a mystery. Maybe I shouldn't age it in the fridge after all...
Anyway I'm gonna get some pre-frozen food. Peace out.
Sigged!

Sorry Daws, that’s two more drinks for you...
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Due to my anxiety and OCD, I rarely make mistakes at my job. Like, it almost NEVER happens.

Today I made not one, but TWO mistakes....and it's not even noon yet...

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
Also, fuck, *sips drink*
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

You've got a lot going on. It happens. I've had a string of blunders lately myself. You can pull past it- you've got this!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

OneMillionTomsBC
GPN Volunteer

Post by OneMillionTomsBC »

When the antique adventure novel about bloody death and fantastic creatures finally arrives in the mail and the cover isn't as described and the guy with the bad haircut with the woman on his shoulder on the cover makes the book appear more like a sweaty romance novel than anything else. Can't be caught reading this in public now.
Last edited by OneMillionTomsBC on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

OneMillionTomsBC wrote:When the antique adventure novel about bloody death and fantastic creatures finally arrives in the mail and the cover isn't as described and the guy with the bad haircut with the woman on his shoulder on the cover makes the book appear more like a sweaty romance novel than anything else. Can't be caught reading this in public now.
No, them seeing you reading an actual physical book is what's gonna throw them off.