What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

Vatarian wrote:
Andrew the Gojifan wrote:
Vatarian wrote:

*raises eyebrows*

.....As for me, the heat and smoke. Most of the west coast is on fire, and the clime vascillates between 90-110 besides.

Not something I can handle very well.

I very nearly couldn’t manage today— had to wear jeans, because I’m on a trip to see family and only packed one pair of shorts not very appropriate for walking around in public. Survived by slinking from air-conditioned store to air-conditioned store. Got so overheated I could barely speak to ask a cashier where the bathroom was, at one point.
Exactly the opposite for me, it's rained everyday and the temperatures are nowhere near the sweltering heat of the past few summers.
What’s your location it’s absolutely not for a blood-magic ritual to exchange places w/ you.
It isn't?
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

We had to take the dog in for an emergency vet visit yesterday. She's been on IV fluids at home for awhile (due to kidney problems), but she'd stopped eating, and when we finally were able to get her to eat anything, she ended up throwing it all up.

Looks like her liver is failing. We had to leave her overnight. They're doing tests, trying intravenous antibiotics in the hopes that there's a treatable infection.

Planning to pick her up tonight.

We're terrified.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

eabaker wrote:We had to take the dog in for an emergency vet visit yesterday. She's been on IV fluids at home for awhile (due to kidney problems), but she'd stopped eating, and when we finally were able to get her to eat anything, she ended up throwing it all up.

Looks like her liver is failing. We had to leave her overnight. They're doing tests, trying intravenous antibiotics in the hopes that there's a treatable infection.

We're terrified.
Holy shit, good luck
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

eabaker wrote:We had to take the dog in for an emergency vet visit yesterday. She's been on IV fluids at home for awhile (due to kidney problems), but she'd stopped eating, and when we finally were able to get her to eat anything, she ended up throwing it all up.

We're terrified.
My prayers are out. I know how it must feel. Dogs aren't just pets, they're family. I just last week got my dog surgery to get this fatty lump out of her chest which could had caused future health issues. She's doing fine now though still recovering.

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

It thunderstormed for two hours. :shock:
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

I did a lot of fun stuff with friends yesterday, going out and about, we went to a minigolf place which was fun then went to a REALLY good pizza restaurant. (Should've went on What Made Your Day yesterday with that) And today I've just been by myself, home alone all day, not really doing anything. Going from having a really fun "out of the house" day with multiple of my favorite people, to just being home alone all day not really doing anything is...kinda depressing. Obviously not everyday can be like it was yesterday, but going from "AAAAAY I'M OUT OF THE HOUSE HAVING FUN WITH FRIENDS YAY" to "I'm just sitting here all by myself not doing anything" is kinda depressing.
Last edited by jackzilla on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LONG LIVE THE KING

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

We're terrified.
Sorry Baker. We're praying for you over here; losing a dog is not easy.
Andrew the Gojifan wrote:It thunderstormed for two hours. :shock:
Oh be quiet. We're dry as Arrakis out here.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Andrew the Gojifan wrote:It thunderstormed for two hours. :shock:
Shiit, who played the Ocarina?

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Woke up this morning with a headache the size of a truck tire, and our youngest has come down with a fever while my wife is out of town visiting with her parents. This is going to be a fun day.

#BotM

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Godzilla165 wrote:Woke up this morning with a headache the size of a truck tire, and our youngest has come down with a fever while my wife is out of town visiting with her parents. This is going to be a fun day.
Ugh, my sympathies; that's rough! I'll be praying for you!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Submitted to two places, got two rejections. One said it wasn't a fit for "what we've done in the past" whilst the other said the story was "too different to work".

Bleh. I feel like HP Lovecraft right now. (He generally threw away anything that got rejected, something I'm guilty of on several occasions.)
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Re: What ruined your da

Post by Vatarian »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Submitted to two places, got two rejections. One said it wasn't a fit for "what we've done in the past" whilst the other said the story was "too different to work".

Bleh. I feel like HP Lovecraft right now. (He generally threw away anything that got rejected, something I'm guilty of on several occasions.)
Keep at it! Most famous authors were rejected dozens of times and took years to get their names out there! I believe in you! Don’t give up!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I've never have a project accepted into a film festival. It can be really hard to keep going.

Right now, we're waiting to hear back from about half a dozen festivals on one of our projects. Should get our first rejec- er, response on or shortly after Friday.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Submitted to two places, got two rejections. One said it wasn't a fit for "what we've done in the past" whilst the other said the story was "too different to work".

That's all I've ever gotten- some work that I was darned proud of, too.

But I see a passion in you that exceeds any writer I know, and you have the talent. Keep at it, and you will find the avenue to reach an audience.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Vatarian wrote: Keep at it! Most famous authors were rejected dozens of times and took years to get their names out there! I believe in you! Don’t give up!
Zarm wrote: That's all I've ever gotten- some work that I was darned proud of, too.

But I see a passion in you that exceeds any writer I know, and you have the talent. Keep at it, and you will find the avenue to reach an audience.
eabaker wrote:I've never have a project accepted into a film festival. It can be really hard to keep going.

Right now, we're waiting to hear back from about half a dozen festivals on one of our projects. Should get our first rejec- er, response on or shortly after Friday.
You guys...

You're the best. Thank you.

And good luck Baker. I'm praying you get accepted.
goji89 wrote:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:And good luck Baker. I'm praying you get accepted.
Who knows, maybe someday I'll be adapting one of your stories! :D

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

eabaker wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:And good luck Baker. I'm praying you get accepted.
Who knows, maybe someday I'll be adapting one of your stories! :D
Hope you like fish. :lol:
goji89 wrote:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

So what? You gonna cry about it? Pick up that pencil and try again. Don't second guess what you feel passionate about.

Its not how hard you hit, its how hard you can get hit and still move foward.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote: So what? You gonna cry about it? Pick up that pencil and try again. Don't second guess what you feel passionate about.

This, combined with another terrible ABBA song, have me back to Daws Banner. Thank you goji.

MORE QUERIES!
goji89 wrote:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
goji89 wrote: So what? You gonna cry about it? Pick up that pencil and try again. Don't second guess what you feel passionate about.

This, combined with another terrible ABBA song, have me back to Daws Banner. Thank you goji.

MORE QUERIES!
I've never heard a terrible ABBA song. I'm not sure I believe such a thing is possible.