What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Dr. Professor »

SpaceG92 wrote:Is it bad I enjoyed Ghost Shark over Mega Python vs Gatoroid :P As bad Ghost Shark was I did enjoy it, it had bad moments sure but I can green light a "Rent It" review. Best part was the dude who drank the water and got split in half by the Ghost Shark OH and the kids getting eaten. Mmm yes.
I have to admit, I got a real kick out of the part when the girl stabbed Ghost Shark with a spear and it exploded.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

eabaker wrote:
My point is exactly the opposite of the claim you just made, just now. The title gives you a vague concept of a single exploitable narrative aspect. Good writing and direction can make masterpieces from terrible titles; just look at I Walked with a Zombie.
What you are talking about is an exception to the rule. There are MANY movies that are bad and you can tell that by simply looking at the title of it. And if you can tell that, why watch it, then bitch about it's shittiness?
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
eabaker wrote:
My point is exactly the opposite of the claim you just made, just now. The title gives you a vague concept of a single exploitable narrative aspect. Good writing and direction can make masterpieces from terrible titles; just look at I Walked with a Zombie.
What you are talking about is an exception to the rule. There are MANY movies that are bad and you can tell that by simply looking at the title of it. And if you can tell that, why watch it, then bitch about it's shittiness?
Good movies (or book, or paintings, or pretty much any form of creative expression) are always the exception to the rule, regardless of genre, title, or subject matter.

And there is absolutely no title which, in and of itself, definitively rules out the possibility of a good story being told.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Work nightmare plus travel planning nightmare equals OHMYFUCKINGGODIWANTTOSMASHSOMESHITRIGHTNOW!!!!!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Jahgee
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jahgee »

GTAV didn't arrive, but I figured out why. It turns out I used the wrong credit card that had to low a maximum to get the Collector's Edition, so we switched credit cards and it should arrive soon.
One of Toho Kingdom's 2 resident NASCAR fans
There was a time where I was Admin

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

^ Rectal exam, gottcha?

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Finding out that one of my favorite bands broke up. :(
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Chris55 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Finding out that one of my favorite bands broke up. :(

Not THAT one!!! Nooo!!

Wait...who?
Woe, Is Me.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

Well I have an essay due tomorrow for LA that we were supposed to only do in class, but seeing how I didn't finish and I really need the time, I sneaked it outside the class so I can do it for HW, in which I am not supposed to do... I hope my teacher doesn't find out...
DeadpoolsbetterThanU wrote:
Orgasmatron wrote:we finally tried anal and she said she would have it again
Now you live up to that user name of yours!

Shadow wrote:
Chris55 wrote:5'1
640lbs

:lol: Wow, you should get outside sometime, that's if you get fit through the door.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I found out the job I just got 2 weeks ago is only seasonal and that I'll probably be fired when Halloween is over. Its a job at a Party City. I talked to some people who said that they were seasonal at first and just never got let go but still I'm so pissed especial since I was saving most the money I'd be making for stuff going on next spring and summer.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
goji89 wrote:^ Rectal exam, gottcha?
Not actually sure what happened, really.
How can you not be sure what got wedged up there :dizzy: :lol:

Hope it isn't serious, be brave suck it up wait...I mean walk it off.

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

Also, can someone please explain to me how history and culture can influence a people's relationship? It's a bit off-topic, but it plays relevant to what's ruining my day.

Shadow wrote:
640lbs

:lol: Wow, you should get outside sometime, that's if you get fit through the door.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

TheChingzilla wrote:Also, can someone please explain to me how history and culture can influence a people's relationship? It's a bit off-topic, but it plays relevant to what's ruining my day.
Could you ask a slightly more specific question? Because a person literally could not live long enough to throughly answer the one you asked.

akanes_kiryu
Interpol Agent

Post by akanes_kiryu »

eabaker wrote:
TheChingzilla wrote:Also, can someone please explain to me how history and culture can influence a people's relationship? It's a bit off-topic, but it plays relevant to what's ruining my day.
Could you ask a slightly more specific question? Because a person literally could not live long enough to throughly answer the one you asked.
I honestly tried to simplify an already long and convoluted answer and I'm still trying to but my brain just keeps saying "Drive read error: Abort/Retry/Ignore?"

Russell, you have my sympathies. Here, have this bottle of CVS brand Antibiotic & Pain Relief. I would've sprung for Neosporin, but well... I'm cheap.
PSN: soilsongs

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

Well it is an essay question so yeah...

Shadow wrote:
640lbs

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

TheChingzilla wrote:Well it is an essay question so yeah...
Wait, so, did you just ask the board to do your homework for you? :)

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Russell wrote:GOD DAMMIT I GOT ELIMINATED FROM THE LAST WRITER STANDING COMPETITION.

That ruined my day.
I feel ya, man. I feel ya.

*Bro hug*

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Easy, some cultures have a forced/arranged marriage which can not only affect the relationship of the two in the marriage but what if one of them loves someone else. Look at Romeo and Juliet and in American culture the Hatfield and the McCoy feud, you can have old rivals in families but a stress on a budding relationship, and led to tragedy or have a member of the opposing family kill one of the two.

^Quick n easy response but it gives you an idea were to start.

Hindsight Edit: F'my life, should have PM'd that. Sorry :oops:
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Easy, some cultures have a forced/arranged marriage which can not only affect the relationship of the two in the marriage but what if one of them loves someone else. Look at Romeo and Juliet and in American culture the Hatfield and the McCoy feud, you can have old rivals in families but a stress on a budding relationship, and led to tragedy or have a member of the opposing family kill one of the two.

^Quick n easy response but it gives you an idea were to start.

Thanks broskie :)

Shadow wrote:
640lbs

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Had a storm come through; brought much needed rain but took out the power for 9:30-12:30 last night.

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A CATCH!?
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/