What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Shadow
Futurian

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Shadow »

MechaJahgeezilla wrote: "I'm not ready for a relationship, and I think of you as more of a friend."
Oh, the words I never want to hear from my friend.
There is a slightly large chance I might not get any new games.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

After an incredibly slow day at work, I now have to stay late because there are two episode cuts going to network tonight, and once I've exported and uploaded them, I then have to watch them in their entirety. I should have the first one uploaded relatively soon, but the second one is still being edited...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

MechaJahgeezilla wrote:WELP!

"I'm not ready for a relationship, and I think of you as more of a friend."
Sorry to hear that man, I know how that feels.

This didn't ruin my day, but goddam Steam won't start working. I've waited two weeks for a download to complete, sometimes it goes offline for no apparent reason, and the whole damn thing is just too complicated. I've been waiting for the past ten minutes for it to run my first game, then it needs to sort of "download" again, or install. Whatever you call the second waiting phase. Luckily, I have a patient friend. :)

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

eabaker wrote:After an incredibly slow day at work, I now have to stay late because there are two episode cuts going to network tonight, and once I've exported and uploaded them, I then have to watch them in their entirety. I should have the first one uploaded relatively soon, but the second one is still being edited...
And as part of one of the shows I have to watch down, I just got to see a pile of frozen human feces. Wonderful...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:^ I refused to use Steam as long as I could. I had to break down and get an account because I couldn't get the first PC Aliens Vs. Predator to run correctly on my Win 7 system.
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with Steam, as everyone else seems to praise it. There's a reason why I'm a console gamer. What ever happened to the good old days when you could just pop in your disc/cartridge and start the game instantly? But I can't complain too much. At least we can play with our friends whenever we want from the comfort of our homes without having to invite them each time.

Anyway, now I'm just rambling. My day wasn't really ruined! ;)

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

PC Gaming Master Race.

Come at me.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

20th Century Boy wrote:

Sorry to hear that man, I know how that feels.

This didn't ruin my day, but goddam Steam won't start working. I've waited two weeks for a download to complete, sometimes it goes offline for no apparent reason, and the whole damn thing is just too complicated. I've been waiting for the past ten minutes for it to run my first game, then it needs to sort of "download" again, or install. Whatever you call the second waiting phase. Luckily, I have a patient friend. :)
That sounds like a problem on your end since if Steam has problems on their end they usually reconnect automatically.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Well we just got a call saying that my wife uncle died. They were very close and she just went to bed crying so i'm checking in on the kids throughout the nite so she can get her rest. Man what is it with these types of horrible news at this time at nite fuck. Sadder still is he died a long ways out and she won't be able to attend the funeral, now that just adds more salt to a fresh wound. So i'll be up all nite passing the time, but don't mind really anything for the wife in these tough times.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

goji89 wrote:Well we just got a call saying that my wife uncle died. They were very close and she just went to bed crying so i'm checking in on the kids throughout the nite so she can get her rest. Man what is it with these types of horrible news at this time at nite skreeonk. Sadder still is he died a long ways out and she won't be able to attend the funeral, now that just adds more salt to a fresh wound. So i'll be up all nite passing the time, but don't mind really anything for the wife in these tough times.
Wow, whats up with these types of things happening this month. Sorry to hear regardless.

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

Oh, isn't that the worst?
Sorry to hear that, dude.

I know how that feels. Happened to me at least two times in high school, and once in college. But, you have to always remember that it is THEIR loss, not your's. When you find the right person, you'll know. Still hasn't happened to me yet, but I try remain optimistic. In the meantime, I got my hobbies to keep my occupied. XD

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:We had to put down the family dog today. He had a cancerous tumor in his upper jaw/nose area, and besides bleeding from his nostrils, he was having some difficulty breathing through his nose. We figured now was better than delaying the inevitable. There was truly no saving him.His name was Sheriff, and we got him when he was just 6 months old, from our local animal shelter, 12 years ago.
I'm so sorry, G2K. I dread the day that my dog moves on. He's up in his years, so I worry about it a lot. You have my sincere condolences.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Well I got to do the Walk of Shame with my motorcycle.
I went to go put gas in it lastnight when the battery completely died as i pulled in to the gas station. "Joy"
All the stores that would be carrying a replacement batt was closed for the night. *second joy"
So I had to push a 450lb motorcycle 2 miles uphill back home at night. "Third joy"
All i can say is thank goodness i perfer lightweight Bikes.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

If I may offer some words of wisdom to all people who have lost loved ones lately, something other then 'sorry for your loss', which I am.

Never, ever let people tell you should get over the loss. No one ever truly gets over the loss of a loved one. But it will get better.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Tim85 wrote:Never, ever let people tell you should get over the loss. No one ever truly gets over the loss of a loved one. But it will get better.
That brought a tear to my eye, it sso true and yet these people can't understand what its like AT that moment or a few days after.

Anyways. I have a temp crown over my tooth and its getting a bit sore, its seriously limiting my eating. I could chew on the other side but you know that 1 piece of food that is hard as rock floats over and well. Collides with your tooth and it hurts like all hell.
Went to a birthday party and well, aside from chaotic drivers (almost got into 2 accidents) to my surprise there were around 7 1-3 year olds and omg they cried so much when something went wrong, god my head hurts still.

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

I may have gotten duped out of an item I preordered on eBay. The seller unregistered from eBay before he sent it, and it's too late to open a case on it (deadline was 4 days ago).
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 54#p489054

This being announced. I thank him for sharing but this is just stupid.
Edit: Italicized word, heh, I think I misread something in article about it but pretty much that just shifted from being my worst to nothing really at all. The cat dug out some buried treasure and left it on the carpet for all to smell.

Dust_pan
Futurian

Post by Dust_pan »

Every morning I take a nice long walk. And almost every morning I catch sight of this cute black cat just hanging out in the neighborhood. But this morning, as I was walking down my street, I saw that same cat dead and torn open on the sidewalk. :cry: Most likely some wild animal got to it.
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

LaLlama
Samurai

Post by LaLlama »

My cousin's bratty little sister, whose every waking moment is either crying, yelling, annoying someone, or tormenting the dog. It doesn't help that her voice is less plesant to listen to then a gorilla scratching a chalkbooard while having an orgasm.

And this ruins ALL my days!!!
Last edited by LaLlama on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being a loner ain't such a bad thing. Less people, less problems.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

LaLlama wrote:It doesn't help that her voice is less plasent to listen to then a gorilla scratching a chalkbooard while having an orgasm.
I'm sorry, but that made me laugh.
Anyway, it's raining. Leaking has started, damn I can't wait until the roof is fixed.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Got chewed out by the professor and we have till thursday to give her the revision, plus we have to present on it. Nerves are shot right now.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.