What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by eabaker »

Godzilla21 wrote:And being a parent is the opposite of selfish. Those children become your life and you devote almost every waking moment to them. The concept of "self" was lost to me 2 1/2 years ago. My life is now in service of my daughter and incoming son. Not me.
Added in 38 seconds:
Zarm wrote:I also don't see any inherent selfishness- rather, parenthood is very much an active giving. Of taking lives that were previously focused on yourself and yielding your time, energy, money, emotions, had a great deal of effort into another person.

Raising and caring for the child is unselfish, but that's not what I was referring too; I was referring to the decision to have the child in the first place.

Anyway, this is something that I only discussed reluctantly. Sharing these attitudes makes me deeply uncomfortable. I thought I made it clear in my post that literally the only point that ultimately matters is that Jenn and I have no reason to have kids, and thus it's not a choice not to do so, it is simply the absence of a choice to do so. There's no reason for the conversation to go any further than that, and I'm sorry I said anything else on the subject.
Last edited by eabaker on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:And being a parent is the opposite of selfish. Those children become your life and you devote almost every waking moment to them. The concept of "self" was lost to me 2 1/2 years ago. My life is now in service of my daughter and incoming son. Not me.
Added in 38 seconds:
Zarm wrote:I also don't see any inherent selfishness- rather, parenthood is very much an active giving. Of taking lives that were previously focused on yourself and yielding your time, energy, money, emotions, had a great deal of effort into another person.

Raising and caring for the child is unselfish, but that's not what I was referring too; I was referring to the decision to have the child in the first place.

Anyway, this is something that I only discussed reluctantly. Sharing these attitudes makes me deeply uncomfortable. I thought I made it clear in my post that literally the only point that ultimately matters is that Jenn and I have no reason to have kids, and thus it's not a choice not to do so, it is simply the absence of a choice to do so. There's no reason for the conversation to go any further than that, and I'm sorry I said anything else on the subject.
I respect your choice to not bring a child into the world. I respect that believe me. So no worries bro, is what it is.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote:I respect your choice to not bring a child into the world. I respect that believe me. So no worries bro, is what it is.
I appreciate that. Thanks.

But, jeez, couldn't you have come up with some snarky, slightly horrifying joke to end on, just to lighten the mood?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote:
goji89 wrote:I respect your choice to not bring a child into the world. I respect that believe me. So no worries bro, is what it is.
I appreciate that. Thanks.

But, jeez, couldn't you have come up with some snarky, slightly horrifying joke to end on, just to lighten the mood?
I could but I spoke to the joke and it didnt give me permission to materialize, I didnt want to be selfish

:rimshot: :lol:
Last edited by goji89 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

THERE'S the goji89 we all know... ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Stefan Karl (Robbie Rotten) seems to be on his last strings from his cancer. :(
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

eabaker wrote:Anyway, this is something that I only discussed reluctantly. Sharing these attitudes makes me deeply uncomfortable. I thought I made it clear in my post that literally the only point that ultimately matters is that Jenn and I have no reason to have kids, and thus it's not a choice not to do so, it is simply the absence of a choice to do so. There's no reason for the conversation to go any further than that, and I'm sorry I said anything else on the subject.
I know this is a late response but I saw your posts through the weekend and didn't reply because I was kinda going through my stuff.

Anyway, I respect your reasoning for not having children. It's a deeply personal choice, one way or the other. I'm sorry you feel so uncomfortable by other's responses. I've always had a lot of respect and admiration for you, and this is no different.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maritonic wrote:My wife is back in the hospital today. She's starting to dilate. Not in labor yet. So we shall see...
It's sounding redundant at this point, but no less true- you guys are in our thoughts and prayers!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Maritonic wrote:My wife is back in the hospital today. She's starting to dilate. Not in labor yet. So we shall see...
We're still praying for you Maritonic. Hope everything turns out okay.

Sorry to complain, but there's very few feelings worse than waking up to another rejection e-mail.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Sorry to complain, but there's very few feelings worse than waking up to another rejection e-mail.
Sorry man, that’s rough. :(

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

And now I didn't delete a PM in time. Dad gummit, today stinks.
goji89 wrote:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Not feeling too hot, can't find papers needed for my driver's test, disinterested, just don't know what to do in general. This pic sums up how I'm feeling right now...
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:Genuinely close to losing my poop. If I didn't have a kid on the way, I'd likely be driving off a bridge tonight.
*BITCH SLAP* Pull it together man. I know shiit is stressful but the payoff is worth it I promise.

Here take another for the road *SLAP*

Now bring it in....*Internet manly bro hug*

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Maritonic wrote: Added in 15 minutes 7 seconds:
Baby's heartrate has decreased......
Dangit. Now I'm getting tense here.

We're right here buddy, even if goji's...apparently...goji.
goji89 wrote:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

We're continuing to pray for you guys, and we're here any time you need to vent! Hang in there- and trust that things are going to work out okay.

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote:I know this is a late response but I saw your posts through the weekend and didn't reply because I was kinda going through my stuff.

Anyway, I respect your reasoning for not having children. It's a deeply personal choice, one way or the other. I'm sorry you feel so uncomfortable by other's responses. I've always had a lot of respect and admiration for you, and this is no different.

My wife is back in the hospital today. She's starting to dilate. Not in labor yet. So we shall see...
It's not really that anyone's responses made me uncomfortable so much as that the topic itself makes me uncomfortable.

And I hope you know that my comments were in no way intended as a judgment of people who feel differently, because that's exactly what I was speaking about: personal feelings that inform our choices, and that we in no way expect to apply to anyone else. I'm quite glad that people like you (and Zarm, and Godzilla21, and goji89) have kids, because I believe that you'll all do your best to help raise a good, caring, responsible next generation.

I've been completely silent about the situation you've been dealing with, because, well, I just haven't know what to say. But please know that you and your family are in my thoughts.
Last edited by eabaker on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Dude, tbh I have no idea of what to say
This is just, you know, too much.
Just, stay strong and remember that we're here with ya.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home