What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Zarm »

Serious proofreading can be a definite downer. But that doesn't mean that your writing is terrible, just that your form needs refining, most of the time. Or occasionally that your plotting is a little loose.

I definitely know the feeling of this setback, but it usually only forces you to make your work better. Don't be discouraged!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Zarm wrote:Serious proofreading can be a definite downer. But that doesn't mean that your writing is terrible, just that your form needs refining, most of the time. Or occasionally that your plotting is a little loose.
They haven't read anything of mine in weeks. They just suddenly popped this on me.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Oh. Hmmmm, that's awkward...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Well Microsoft's update bleep up my computer on Sunday I think and I had to do a hard clean and re-installation on my computer! What a hassle! Thanks Microsoft for bleep up my computer! :mad: At least everything is back on my comp back to normal but still...that pissed me off.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Godzilla 2 got pushed back
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ *eye twitch*

How long?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

JAGzilla wrote:^ *eye twitch*

How long?
Two months. May 31.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

... I actually thought it was supposed to release in May as it was, so this doesn't change anything for me. Bullet dodged, I guess? Sucks for the rest of you, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

JAGzilla wrote:... I actually thought it was supposed to release in May as it was, so this doesn't change anything for me. Bullet dodged, I guess? Sucks for the rest of you, though.
I thought it was gonna be released in May too? Looks like nothing changes for me either! :lol:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

We were supposed to get footage in for two shows on Monday, which would have given us a relatively luxurious amount of time to ingest and prep both before the story producers started working. Instead, we didn't get footage for either until Wednesday.

On one, the DIT hadn't copied the card structure correctly, which caused corruptions. Fortunately, we had the original cards, but we didn't realize the problem existed until after ingest and prep. So, after story producers and editors were already working with corrupted footage, we had to re-copy from the cards, re-ingest, and relink all their groups (and later we'll have to do any sequences they cut with the corrupted stuff).

And yet, that is a fucking breeze compared to what we're dealing with for the second show. First off, even though footage began arriving this week, the lead AE for that show doesn't start until late next week, which leaves me to deal with his project (not his fault; the company doesn't feel like paying him to be here this week). And this stuff is a complete shitshow. Tons of cameras, one of which periodically switches to slow-mo mid-scene (which messes with time code, so it messes with our syncing of clips around it), and two separate external audio sources, each rolling around a dozen different channels (but they weren't named properly, so initially Avid was assigning multiple tracks to all count as channel 1 - I had to re-name the source files and then re-import everything). And they're sometimes shooting two different scenes simultaneously, but nothing in their drive organization indicating which cameras correspond with each other or with which audio.

And, of course, it's ALL top priority, because the producer will be starting Tuesday. She'll also be bringing back six more days' footage, and I'm already being asked how long it will take to get THAT footage ingested, grouped and delivered to her.

Thank fucking god for the one other assistant editor I currently have working under me, because she's fucking amazing and can see when I'm melting down from it all and she can take something off my plate (also, I recommended her for the job, so her excellence is a feather in my cap). And thank fucking god for our director of technology, who likes to make us drinks on Fridays, and who has come to recognize when I need not just a drink, but an "Evan drink" (meaning STRONG AS FUCK).

I need this three day weekend.

I really need this three day weekend.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

So sorry. Having rcently escaped a simillar period (disastrous organization, everything's urgent), I understand your pain. Enjoy your weekend!

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Zarm wrote:So sorry. Having rcently escaped a simillar period (disastrous organization, everything's urgent), I understand your pain. Enjoy your weekend!
Glad there's at least one person who can understand (both the emotion and the specific technical aggravations).

Hope it's a good weekend for you, too, sir!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maritonic wrote:Long post incoming. I'm sorry for these, I just have no other outlet at this current time for my words.
So, this morning I was at the bottom again. Not unfamiliar territory at all. The sad part was there was no particular reason for me to get to this point, other than pure exhaustion. Which isn't a reason.
Today, while at work, I did a lot of reflection. I realized I keep myself so close to the bottom, so that when I fall, it doesn't hurt as bad. I've been down here since I was about 16 or so. I make the subconscious decision every day to lower myself, internally and externally, and keep myself down. This is just how it's been, and for the most part it's kept me *relatively* safe from real pain.
I realized today, though, that just maybe this needs to stop. Because it's causing me real pain. It's leading to nights of drinking, smoking, asinine self-destructive behaviors that do nothing but keep me lower to the bedrock. My routine is wake up, work, come home, movie/video game, bed. I used to write non-stop, I used to paint, you'd never see me sitting idly because I'd always be sketching something. I had endless story ideas in my mind, so many that I couldn't write them all fast enough. But here I am, doing nothing, except quite literally killing myself. Sure, age and life's busy schedules factor into this, but I can make time, right?
Last week I saw one of (if not my all time #1) favorite bands, Ghost. During one of their most heartwarming, inclusive songs, that's meant so much to me over the years, the lead singer stopped and said "you know, if you have the spirits you're never really alone. And things... things change. Things always change." This has been resonating in my mind since the show.
So yes. I'm still at the bottom. But I think for the very first time in some ten or so years, I'm finally, FINALLY, aware that I can indeed climb towards the top.
You can do it! And we're all here to support you! I hope the ascent is quick and lasting!

Maranatha!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

It's time to come clean. For years I've been going through some form of depression and never told my family until now. So gonna be seeing a doctor on Monday and eventually an therapist to deal with my problem I'm having.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:It's time to come clean. For years I've been going through some form of depression and never told my family until now. So gonna be seeing a doctor on Monday and eventually an therapist to deal with my problem I'm having.
Don't be discouraged if you don't click with the doctor; sometimes it takes a few sessions to really feel right. I love my therapist but at first I was so nervous. I wish you well, and if you need anything, PM me.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maritonic wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:It's time to come clean. For years I've been going through some form of depression and never told my family until now. So gonna be seeing a doctor on Monday and eventually an therapist to deal with my problem I'm having.
Don't be discouraged if you don't click with the doctor; sometimes it takes a few sessions to really feel right. I love my therapist but at first I was so nervous. I wish you well, and if you need anything, PM me.
I can second that- that's exactly my wife's experience, as well.

Maranatha!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

We're right behind you! :) Good luck on Monday. :thumbsup:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support. This is honestly something I should've told my family long ago...

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Thanks guys. I appreciate the support. This is honestly something I should've told my family long ago...
Don’t sweat it. Its a conversation I’ve had as well, so I know how difficult it is. The important thing is that you’re now moving forward and getting some help. And I’ll echo what everyone above has said, it takes some time to feel comfortable with a therapist.