What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:"Ruined" might be too extreme of a word but I'm definitely not pleased with Halloween Kills being delayed a whole year. I expected it to happen, but still. This was one major release this year I was genuinely looking forward so it stings.
It's definitely going to blow your socks off when you do see it, it'll be worth the wait.

Trust me.
...Were you at a test screening? Heard the audiences loved it so I believe it. Hell the teaser and this image convince me it'll be top tier slasherkino:
It's very possible i was, but it's also possible i had to sign an NDA if i did, so i wouldn't be able to confirm it out in the open , especially with how on-guard the admins have been lately :lol: .
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Not ruin per se, but translating 6k+ of words truly is something
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Manuelito Canelito wrote:Not ruin per se, but translating 6k+ of words truly is something
What language?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:"Ruined" might be too extreme of a word but I'm definitely not pleased with Halloween Kills being delayed a whole year. I expected it to happen, but still. This was one major release this year I was genuinely looking forward so it stings.
It's definitely going to blow your socks off when you do see it, it'll be worth the wait.

Trust me.
...Were you at a test screening? Heard the audiences loved it so I believe it. Hell the teaser and this image convince me it'll be top tier slasherkino:
Okay as much as I felt Halloween 2018 was a great way to end the Myers legacy and new entries should just be an anthology of random scary stuff that happens on Halloween, this is a pretty dang cool image there.
Manuelito Canelito wrote:Not ruin per se, but translating 6k+ of words truly is something
I just imagined my ears ringing from reading this. Get some rest.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
What language?
Spanish to English

Not really difficult language wise (which is why I can't ray it ruined my day) but the feeling of knowing what X word means, and yet not finding a way to translate in a way you like is surely frustrating.
And well, so it is translating 3k words, looking up and still not being halfway there
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Voyager
Keizer

Re: What runied your day?

Post by Voyager »

-snip-
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I got soap in my eyes. It hurt just as much as the nudes.

Added in 12 hours 32 minutes 6 seconds:
It’s only 5:50 AM and my day is already ruined. I get out of bed, go to the toilet, do as you do, and then I cut myself with my long-ass fingernails.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

This morning was not a good one. One of those bad days where damn compulsive thoughts got the better of me...It was so annoying...At least its over now though.

Also didn't help that I had a serious case of the runs. That's what I get for eating so much yesterday at grandmas.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Also didn't help that I had a serious case of the runs. That's what I get for eating so much yesterday at grandmas.
Is your grandma one of those ones? Y'know, the ones who just want to see you keep eating till you burst? :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gigantis wrote:Is your grandma one of those ones? Y'know, the ones who just want to see you keep eating till you burst? :lol:
Pretty much.

Also doesn't help I home bowel syndrome too.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Gigantis wrote:Is your grandma one of those ones? Y'know, the ones who just want to see you keep eating till you burst? :lol:
Pretty much.

Also doesn't help I home bowel syndrome too.
Oooh.. yeah, that must feel terrible. Hope you're feeling a little better now!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gigantis wrote:Oooh.. yeah, that must feel terrible. Hope you're feeling a little better now!
Definitely am. Lesson learned I'm never eating that much again. :lol:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

My thumb has been aching all day, and it's been stopping me from doing what I like, aka, intensely playing various FPS games on my PC.
For Emperor and Empire!

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Pissed off the Redskins are forced to change their name because of cancel culture.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Extreme Warhawk wrote:Pissed off the Redskins are forced to change their name because of cancel culture.
I’m not a fan of a lot of current political trends right now, but I can’t see the anger for this one... I mean, would you see it differently if their mascot was an African native and they were called the “Negros”? Or an Asian native and called “Yellowskins”? Because the Redskins is basically the same thing.... They could easily keep Native American iconography but change their name to something like The Warriors or some other name that invokes the culture in a positive/celebratory way rather than a derogatory one.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Anyone thinking the name change was only the result of "cancel culture" (lol shut up) is an idiot. This has been a major issue for decades with the team and the Native American community. Acting like a victim in this situation is horrendously nearsighted and utterly ridiculous.

The only team that's successfully utilized a Native name is the FSU Seminoles because the school actually has a fairly large indigenous student population and the athletic department has worked directly with the tribe to ensure it's treated with care.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Anyone thinking the name change was only the result of "cancel culture" (lol shut up) is an idiot. This has been a major issue for decades with the team and the Native American community. Acting like a victim in this situation is horrendously nearsighted and utterly ridiculous.
They actually did a survey a few years ago and the majority of Native Americans (9 out of 10) didn't care about the name.

I personally don't care about the name at. Change it all they want as long as they lose the Rams every year.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Extreme Warhawk wrote:Pissed off the Redskins are forced to change their name because of cancel culture.
Oh no! Not cancel culture!

UltraGoji already addressed this, but this has nothing to do with "cancel culture". It's also, actually, totally a business decision, through the sponsors. It's mostly a business decision, and a good one.
Last week, Amazon, Walmart and Target, Nike and and other retail stores removed team merchandise from their websites. ESPN also said it would stop using the team logo, which depicts a Native American man.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53390944

Also, context is important for the teams history, and why the name isn't just a name. The founder of the team, George Preston Marshall, was an open believer in racial segregation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Preston_Marshall

In response to "do the native Americans care", I think they have more issues to worry about, but at the same time an offensive name like that, openly displayed on a NFL team, isn't just offensive for them, but also an egg on the face of America and what it stands for.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

"Cancel culture" is literally just boycotting. It's nothing new.

Stop trying to dress it up as some nefarious boogeyman whenever social/cultural change happens.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

ESPN also said it would stop using the team logo, which depicts a Native American man.
That native American man was created by a native american (Walter Wetzel).
Last edited by The Octopus on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.