What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by BlankAccount »

Darth Kiryu wrote:Our new crayfish died. :( Sometime in the past couple of days. He was fine at the beginning of the week, now just dead. Might have been the temperature, which I did my best to keep cool with the water changes (we do two per week), low oxygen flow at the bottom of the tank, or simply failed to molt. The last one is the most common cause of death for crustaceans.

Sucks though, since the other two would be directly my fault. Which would lead to an undesirable situation which I will not get into here.
Sorry for your loss.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Darth Kiryu wrote:Our new crayfish died. :( Sometime in the past couple of days. He was fine at the beginning of the week, now just dead. Might have been the temperature, which I did my best to keep cool with the water changes (we do two per week), low oxygen flow at the bottom of the tank, or simply failed to molt. The last one is the most common cause of death for crustaceans.

Sucks though, since the other two would be directly my fault. Which would lead to an undesirable situation which I will not get into here.
aw, losing a pet is the worst. sorry for your lost :(

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Sorry to hear that Kiryu.......Knowing you, you tried your best to give him the best environment possible. Sometimes shiit happens.....sorry.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I'm really sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is never easy. Hopefully you can find what went wrong so that the next one you get won't have that problem.

Take time to heal, man.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Thanks guys. He was doing fine for the few months we've had him. I saw him move a bit last night, but today when I checked he was in the exact same position. Pulled him out with no resistance and smelled rot when I got him out of the water.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

My lil' cousins managed to guilt me into riding a fairground...
...I saw my life passing throught my eyes
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

The realization that I'll be 21 in a few days and my life is passing me by so quickly

I get existential on every birthday
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Red Hunter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Red Hunter »

Srry for ur lost. I know how ur feel, the first fish I ever had died in the very next day. In fact it looks like maany fishes are sold with infections or fungus. U haave my condolences

Added in 2 minutes 38 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote:The realization that I'll be 21 in a few days and my life is passing me by so quickly

Im 21 too. I think is very common this feeling. We get used to being youth since we born (duuh..) and til we left school. When we reach adulthood it knocks reaally hard on the start, but sure you get used to it
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Don't read this. You did, see ya in hell

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

For my wooden Monitor enclosure I'm working on, I used some wood for the front that completely splintered as soon as I drilled into it.. So I've gotta go back to Home Depot for a few things tomorrow. I also picked up black Silicone thinking it'd look the best, but my god is it messy and an instant stainer...Too late though, no going back, now the cage is starting to look like a box out of Borderlands (cell shaded black-lines which tbh is kinda cool but still a pain)

Now I can either spray paint it black with some reptile-safe paint (it'd save me from using a heavy sealant) or keep the nice wooden look and hit it with a sealant/brush.

Ughhhhhh
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

gottatalktothefake wrote:The realization that I'll be 21 in a few days and my life is passing me by so quickly

Assuming you live in the United States, and you’ve got some awesome friends, 21st birthday is one of the best.

What’s weird/scary to me though is that I’m now 23, and where I was mentally and life wise when I was 21 was so different.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Red Hunter wrote:

Im 21 too. I think is very common this feeling. We get used to being youth since we born (duuh..) and til we left school. When we reach adulthood it knocks reaally hard on the start, but sure you get used to it
I'm 30, and (spoiler alert) nope! Time just speeds up, and years start to feel like seasons. You don't get used to anything because everything changes so damn fast, responsibility piles up, and knowledge and experience become both blessing and curse. There's no light at the end of the tunnel. Abandon hope, all ye who enter adulthood. :huge:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

JAGzilla wrote:
Red Hunter wrote:

I'm 30, and (spoiler alert) nope! Time just speeds up, and years start to feel like seasons. You don't get used to anything because everything changes so damn fast, responsibility piles up, and knowledge and experience become both blessing and curse. There's no light at the end of the tunnel. Abandon hope, all ye who enter adulthood. :huge:
40 feels like you're already dead. Every moment is agony, and I curse your youth.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I started having mild pelvic pain on Friday (for reference today is Sunday). I checked my urine, and everything appears to be okay. Additionally, I watched some “videos” online and everything down there appears to be “fully functional”. However, the pain has persisted, and in fact has grown slightly. I’m thinking it might be a kidney stone, or some sort of UTI, maybe Gout. While I have eaten healthily as of late, I’ll admit I’ve been binge drinking at parties I’ve had with my coworkers.

I don’t have anyone in person to comfort me currently, and I don’t want to freak my parents over text. I’m scared it’s something bad.

I’m gonna go to work tomorrow, sign in, and then explain my situation to my boss as well as speak to one of the guys who has lived in my area for about 18 years. I’m gonna go to the hospital tomorrow, and thankfully due to stellar Japanese insurance I’m not worried about finance. I just wish I could go now but the hospital is about to close and I’m still not sure if it’s as big of a deal as I’m making it out to be.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I started having mild pelvic pain on Friday (for reference today is Sunday). I checked my urine, and everything appears to be okay.
When you "check" your urine, what does that mean exactly? Did you just look at the color/smell, or did you actually have a urinalysis done? Because urine can look normal even with an infection brewing. Also, gout manifests in the joints in almost all cases before you see things like kidney stones, so I highly doubt it's that.

I doubt it's anything out of the ordinary. Probably just a mild UTI, which can be easily be treated with oral antibiotics. I'm just glad you have the sense of getting it checked out now rather than Googling it and diagnosing yourself with pelvic inflammatory disease (which, BTW, guys can't get, so don't bother looking that up either)
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I started having mild pelvic pain on Friday (for reference today is Sunday). I checked my urine, and everything appears to be okay.
When you "check" your urine, what does that mean exactly? Did you just look at the color/smell, or did you actually have a urinalysis done? Because urine can look normal even with an infection brewing. Also, gout manifests in the joints in almost all cases before you see things like kidney stones, so I highly doubt it's that.

I doubt it's anything out of the ordinary. Probably just a mild UTI, which can be easily be treated with oral antibiotics. I'm just glad you have the sense of getting it checked out now rather than Googling it and diagnosing yourself with pelvic inflammatory disease (which, BTW, guys can't get, so don't bother looking that up either)
I wound up calling my mom, and talking to her about it, just because my first post sort of enabled me to consider telling her after telling someone. She told me that there’s a possibility it’s a UTI, because apparently I got them as a very small infant. She says it’s nothing to freak out over, and I should just go to the hospital tomorrow. We wound up talking about some other things so everything is okay.

Still a little scared/worried, but overall much better especially in that I was able to call her after posting her and then reading your comment. Thanks a lot for the support.

Added in 22 hours 3 minutes 56 seconds:
Saw a doctor today at a clinic. He took a urine sample, and ran some tests on it. Nothing serious, at least anything that would raise alarm bells, or I should be seriously scared over. He prescribed me some antibiotics and said that they’ll test the urine culture for bacteria, though he said most likely it’ll be gone in a week. Says minor pain from a UTI would be normal.

I will say though that I’m happy that I went to a clinic here. I was really scared because of the language barrier, but I’m glad I overcame it and didn’t just not go. I have peace of mind now.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Didn't necessarily ruin my day, but getting new paged on the "What Made Your Day" thread is kind of a bummer, when I'd just posted something I'm really excited about.

Doesn't help that I got new paged with a post about fucking KotM... ;)
Last edited by eabaker on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Red Hunter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Red Hunter »

I was drunk as f*ck yesterday and Im still feelling the effects
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Red Hunter wrote:I was drunk as f*ck yesterday and Im still feelling the effects
You drink? Eeww gross.

Red Hunter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Red Hunter »

goji89 wrote:
Red Hunter wrote:I was drunk as f*ck yesterday and Im still feelling the effects
You drink? Eeww gross.
Thaaats how I fell for aa week aafter regurgitating

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Red Hunter wrote:
goji89 wrote:
You drink? Eeww gross.
Thaaats how I fell for aa week aafter regurgitating
To beat a hangover you have to drink another one the day after......hair of the dog as we say.