What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
pta917
Xilien Halfling

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by pta917 »

Did you show her your work?
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

It was all right there with the answers.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

So why do you get a bag grade???
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

pta917 wrote:So why do you get a bag grade???
That's what he's asking.

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

But why does he think?

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I have absolutely no idea. She's a dipshit, anyway. Everyone has a bad grade in her class.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

JuicyJ
Young Farmer

Post by JuicyJ »

Trying to have a baby, but finding out today that my wife still isn't pregnant :( I want my tiny little G-Fan

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

JuicyJ wrote:Trying to have a baby, but finding out today that my wife still isn't pregnant :( I want my tiny little G-Fan
Jesus Christ I thought you were Russell for a minute there.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

JuicyJ wrote:Trying to have a baby, but finding out today that my wife still isn't pregnant :( I want my tiny little G-Fan
Aw. :(
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Wasting 91 minutes of my life watching the movie, Mega Python vs Gatoroid. NOTHING redeemable in this movie, it's just a mess that got a few laughs but god damn it Asylum can you at least try in one of these.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

I don't know why people complain about their movies. Just looking at the title should tell you it's not something along the lines of a masterpiece.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Castellan Zilla wrote:Just looking at the title should tell you it's not something along the lines of a masterpiece.
Inventive writers and directors have a history of making interesting movies on the cheap for exploitation producers, working to fit ridiculous titles they've been assigned.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

eabaker wrote:
Castellan Zilla wrote:Just looking at the title should tell you it's not something along the lines of a masterpiece.
Inventive writers and directors have a history of making interesting movies on the cheap for exploitation producers, working to fit ridiculous titles they've been assigned.
Don't see what your point is. Doesn't matter how hard the writers and directors work, the title tells you everything you need to know about the movie. And that it's going to be a ridiculous one at that.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I would have at least expect Mega Python to fight Gatoroid for more then a short montage scene. Half the time they worked together, should be called Mega Phython AND Gatoroid. Don't get me wrong Gatoroid was interesting and a few plot points were decent but man jump cut and unexplained time skips are abundant. I can sit and enjoy Asylum flicks, some way more then others but this one had weird unexplained cuts that are really jarring. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy a snake eating a train and taking down The Asylum's blimp :P That was pretty cool.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

The fact that the two main characters die at the last minute severed no purpose.
God that snake head bit was awful.
I really wanted to see the gator and snakes fight. All they did was struggles around some while they were small then practically held hands while rampaging through the city. Even I felt cheated out.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

That sounds pretty bad, but nothing, and I mean nothing, can be as bad as Ghost Shark. Worst movie I've ever seen.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Is it bad I enjoyed Ghost Shark over Mega Python vs Gatoroid :P As bad Ghost Shark was I did enjoy it, it had bad moments sure but I can green light a "Rent It" review. Best part was the dude who drank the water and got split in half by the Ghost Shark OH and the kids getting eaten. Mmm yes.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Don't see what your point is. Doesn't matter how hard the writers and directors work, the title tells you everything you need to know about the movie. And that it's going to be a ridiculous one at that.
My point is exactly the opposite of the claim you just made, just now. The title gives you a vague concept of a single exploitable narrative aspect. Good writing and direction can make masterpieces from terrible titles; just look at I Walked with a Zombie.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Dr. Professor wrote:That sounds pretty bad, but nothing, and I mean nothing, can be as bad as Ghost Shark. Worst movie I've ever seen.
Go watch Weasels Rip My Flesh (a movie, obviously, not the Frank Zappa album).

Then you will know true torture.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

http://thecinemasnob.com/2010/11/16/wea ... flesh.aspx
^^If you are to afraid to watch the movie or can't find it, my I suggest the Snobs review. ;) At least that film has an excuse to why it was bad :D