What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote:James Wan... distinct style and eye
Huh. I've never perceived him as having those things.
made the first two films terrifying, but allowed them to have serious heart in them as well.
And I never perceived those movies as being/having that stuff, either.

The Conjuring flicks have always just struck me as hollow technical exercises with very little story to tell and an awful lot of padding and meandering.

Sorry, that's not really relevant to this thread, and obviously I take no joy in your losing your hopes for a series you dig. It's just... the praise heaped upon those movies just never seems to line up with what I see when I'm watching them.
Last edited by eabaker on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

eabaker wrote:
made the first two films terrifying, but allowed them to have serious heart in them as well.

The Conjuring flicks have always just struck me as hollow technical exercises with very little story to tell and an awful lot of padding and meandering.

Sorry, that's not really relevant to this thread, and obviously I take no joy in your losing your hopes for a series you dig. It's just... the praise heaped upon those movies just never seems to line up with what I see when I'm watching them.
So you just savagely mauled that man's favorite franchise, told him that everything he thinks it has it doesn't have

And then you say you take no joy in his falling hopes

You are a monster

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

ROMG4 wrote:
eabaker wrote:

So you just savagely mauled that man's favorite franchise, told him that everything he thinks it has it doesn't have

You are a monster
The Conjuring is very far from my favorite franchise haha.

I was typing a reply, but I always respect eabaker's opinions. So my response was just going to be "Fair enough. I enjoy the films, though." which seemed like a redundant reply.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Maritonic wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:
eabaker wrote:

You are a monster
Clearly a traumatic brain lapse his brain has done to protect himself from the horrible lashing Ebaker did.

Ebaker is clearly the bad person here

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

ROMG4 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
ROMG4 wrote: So you just savagely mauled that man's favorite franchise, told him that everything he thinks it has it doesn't have

You are a monster
Clearly a traumatic brain lapse his brain has done to protect himself from the horrible lashing Ebaker did.

Ebaker is clearly the bad person here

You made him cry
Eabaker you're bad
You're gonna make him sad
Eabaker jumped in his Datsun
Drove out on the expressway
Went head-on into a semi
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

School assignments given after only three classes with only 48 hours to do and are worth 40% of the final grade. :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KaijuCanuck wrote:School assignments given after only three classes with only 48 hours to do and are worth 40% of the final grade. :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak:
YIKES!

That is intensely uncool.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:School assignments given after only three classes with only 48 hours to do and are worth 40% of the final grade. :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak:
YIKES!

Right?? Thank you for the validation.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
eabaker wrote:
YIKES!

Right?? Thank you for the validation.
This is 40% of the reason I quit school. :lol:
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Yipes. That's... excessive...

Added in 11 hours 50 minutes 17 seconds:
What ruined my day is the ongoing senate confirmation circus. Sounds like the investigation is delivered, and... unsurprisingly, those who had already decided on innocence accept it, those who had already decided on guilt cry foul. Everyone is suddenly an expert on how the FBI should conduct an investigation. And no one is changing their mind; a majority of them had their minds made up before Dr. Ford even came in to testify. This is just a sham; a performance to give the impression of having done any objective consideration or weighed any facts- anything to justify the pre-decided position. No one in Washington cares what happened to Dr. Ford; no one cares if they're ruining an innocent man or allowing a guilty one off the hook. They're both just pawns in the battle over the Supreme Court.

And honestly- I don't know the truth. I don't know if Kavanaugh *should* be on the Supreme Court or not; I don't know if he will or won't be confirmed. But I do know that whatever result we end up with, the process to get us to that point is one we should all feel ashamed of. Leaving aside the doctor and the judge, the behavior of the senators themselves- and the definitive injustice they've done to at least one party, whichever of them is telling the truth- has simply been appalling all-around.
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

The only, only thing, I'm going to say about all this is: I don't understand why we should be okay with an FBI investigation that deliberately ignores all possible options. They didn't interview core people involved, relevant to the accusations. It's an incomplete investigation.

Is it guilty? I don't know. Is he innocent? I don't know. The whole thing is horrible.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I mean, I certainly didn’t need this FBI investigation to believe that Kavanaugh is a complete fucking joke. His tantrum at that hearing spoke for itself. He’s a partisan puppet for our idiot-in-chief and the demonic party thy both represent.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maritonic wrote:The only, only thing, I'm going to say about all this is: I don't understand why we should be okay with an FBI investigation that deliberately ignores all possible options. They didn't interview core people involved, relevant to the accusations. It's an incomplete investigation.

Is it guilty? I don't know. Is he innocent? I don't know. The whole thing is horrible.
I know that is the claim. I would be interested to know exactly who was relevant to the claims and wasn't interviewed, and whether that is because- like the third accuser- the FBI did not deem their testimony credible enough to investigate, or whether there was an actual limitation going on there. Right now, there's so much hearsay about what was or wasn't investigated, I have yet to hear any facts. Just partisan Republican sources claiming it was thorough (no details) and partisan Democrat sources claiming it was incomplete (no detail).

And of course, the upcoming elections don't help; the Democrats are transparently trying to delay the vote until their anticipated turnover in November, and the Republicans are trying to push it through while they still have control, and the investigation- like the vote itself- is undoubtedly a casualty of each side's attempts to manipulate the timetable, just as much as the hearings are a casualty of everyone's attempts to achieve their political goal.

It is indeed horrible. And the worst part is, there is enough doubt- and always will be, no matter what subsequent investigations are launched- that both Ford and Kavanaugh will be haunted by this the rest of their lives. Whether Kavanaugh goes to the Supreme court or his career goes down in flames, there will always be protestors and politicians who call him a sexual predator to his face, that stand against anything he does, that hound and harass him. And whether her testimony is confirmed or discredited, there will always be protestors and politicians who call Dr. Ford a liar and a stooge to her face, who stand against anything she does, that hound and harass her. We're past the point of proving anything beyond a shadow of anyone's doubt; people are too entrenched; they'll just pull out conspiracy theories to cover any salient points the other side makes and keep believing what they've chosen to believe, and these two people will have the rest of their lives marked by it, regardless of outcome. Which is atrocious.

Added in 4 minutes 57 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:His tantrum at that hearing spoke for itself.
I really don't get that. At all. Everyone is going after a man whose career is on the verge of the highest pinnacle it can possibly reach, under the scrutiny of a national microscope, and claims that he is being falsely accused of a heinous crime that is categorically untrue, getting worked up over his innocence. That makes no sense.

I know that if someone came out and accused me of rape, with the potential to destroy my career, my reputation, and my life, I would sure as heck get worked up in defending myself; I would certainly be angry and tearful and upset if half the country thought I was a monster because of blind-siding accusations of horrific acts that I completely didn't deserve. (Now, if he's guilty and it's all an act, fine; but it's the way an innocent man in that incredibly-horrific position, which is either what he is or what he's pretending to be, would act! What do people want out of him- Vulcan stoicism as his entire life, and everything that he's worked for for decades, potentially unravels before his eyes, his name is vilified, his character impugned, before the entire watching nation, and he's called upon to defend himself? Whether it's the truth of who he is, or merely how he's portraying himself... what do people honestly, realistically expect out of a human being in that position?)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

And the sad reality is, it's perpetuating an environment where three things happen: accusers are terrified to come out because of the rash of insults and embarrassment they have to endure, sexual predators continue to get away with it, or innocent men are dragged through the mud and crucified for life.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

This is why I don't read the news...unless it has to do with storytelling or cars.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

All I know is I'm going to avoid all social media tomorrow. It's looking pretty good now that hes going to get confirmed so there is going to be some epic meltdowns tomorrow.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Yeah, this is kind of a no-win scenario. Whatever happens, for either side, it's going to be the three-months-after-election-day-2016 all over again. :(

For the next Presidential election, could we maybe just get, like, a Dwayne Johnson/Christ Pratt ticket running against a John Krasinski/Jenna Fischer ticket, so that whoever wins, no one on Earth could possibly hate them? :)
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maranatha!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Imagine if Ruth Ginsberg kicks the bucket. This Kavanaugh clown show will be a mere tropical storm compared to the Perfect Storm of that nomination process
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Zarm wrote:Yeah, this is kind of a no-win scenario. Whatever happens, for either side, it's going to be the three-months-after-election-day-2016 all over again. :(

For the next Presidential election, could we maybe just get, like, a Dwayne Johnson/Christ Pratt ticket running against a John Krasinski/Jenna Fischer ticket, so that whoever wins, no one on Earth could possibly hate them? :)
Next presidential election should be Cheesecake vs Key Lime Pie.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Living Corpse wrote:
Zarm wrote:Yeah, this is kind of a no-win scenario. Whatever happens, for either side, it's going to be the three-months-after-election-day-2016 all over again. :(

Next presidential election should be Cheesecake vs Key Lime Pie.
Exactly. Everybody wins. (As long as it's not one of those cheap key lime pies with the weird aftertaste).

Maranatha!