What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Maritonic wrote:Got screamed at by a customer for not ordering the right part (cauuuuse he didn't order what he actually needed...) and just broke a $300 key FOB.

So today is awesome.
Sorry Maritonic. I can't promise it'll get better, but remember, when you think life is hard, just ask yourself: "Compared to what?"
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maritonic wrote:Got screamed at by a customer for not ordering the right part (cauuuuse he didn't order what he actually needed...) and just broke a $300 key FOB.

So today is awesome.
Customers are jerks. And usually quite ignorant. Ignore them; they're not worth the aggravation. :( Sorry you had to go through grief from this one.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: Just broke a $300 key FOB.
So today is awesome.
You just broke a $300 key FOB.....How can it be awesome? That is just wrong, do you know how many people would like a $300 key FOB, and you just break it and brag about it? Not cool, Maritonic not cool.

*what's a $300 key FOB, asking for a friend*.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: It's the remote that unlocks/locks/remote starts your car, Goji89's friend.
Thanks bro, I'll tell him. He's a little slow the poor dumb bastard.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:

So today is awesome.
Customers are jerks. And usually quite ignorant. Ignore them; they're not worth the aggravation. :( Sorry you had to go through grief from this one.
Customers are the worst. I used to work at a pet supply store and the stupidity of the things people would yell at you for was quite astonishing.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I guess I've been lucky on that front. I've worked in retail for coming up on two years, and the worst I've ever had are a handful of people demanding to talk to a manager, or trying to get a discount on water bottles or bags of shrimp because they were buying a whopping two of them.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

I don't post often outside the toy section, but yesterday I got a call from my mom saying it was time for the family dog to be put down. We've had him for 14 years. He was my best friend. Poor thing had been suffering for a few days with his back legs completely giving out and painful to move.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Darth Kiryu wrote:I don't post often outside the toy section, but yesterday I got a call from my mom saying it was time for the family dog to be put down. We've had him for 14 years. He was my best friend. Poor thing had been suffering for a few days with his back legs completely giving out and painful to move.
I'm so sorry!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

The wrong-part customer come back for revenge...?

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Maritonic wrote:Had a uh. Bad situation go down last night. Been paranoid to levels I didn't know existed since it happened.
:shock:
Whatever it is, sorry it happened.

As for me, it ay be 9:08, but I've got my day ruiner already.
Around our little pseudo farm, we have three things for sale on the list of Craig: the remains of a 1940's Chevy, a flat bottomed boat, and a tractor plow that weighs about 500 pounds. I for one, did not know that the plow was for sale.
So when Dad (who's at the doctor with Mom) woke me up with a phone call saying "the guy" was here and everything was hooked to the tractor, which the guy knew how to use. I assumed he meant the uncertain chap who had called about the truck. I got dressed in a manner resembling a drunk falling through cobwebs and locked Hank (the dog) in the yard to prevent him from getting in the way/chewing the guy's legs off.
He had a big truck (as most people out here do) idling in the driveway, but no trailer. This didn't register quite, especially given how the chaps out here know esoteric and awesome ways of doing things, so I just figured I'd learn how to tow one truck with another truck without a trailer or complementary equipment.
Then we ran into two problems: the tractor wouldn't start and some idiot had set the 500 pound plow right behind the tractor with a chain around it.
While the guy, who knew of tractor's inner workings, began to try and get the old machine to start, I moved the bloody plow out of the way, a good 100 feet to be sure, and my back was out for the day when I was through.
The guy finally got the tractor started and turned around, frowning at the ground. "Where'd it go?"
As the tractor died again, he was kind enough to explain my mistake. As he examined the tractor's innards, I rolled the plow back behind the tractor, by which time he had found the tractor's gas valve to be in the "off" position.
Now my back is killing me like no tomorrow, and it's still not even 9:30.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Sat May 12, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Had a uh. Bad situation go down last night. Been paranoid to levels I didn't know existed since it happened.
:shock:
Whatever it is, sorry it happened.

As for me, it ay be 9:08, but I've got my day ruiner already.
Around our little pseudo farm, we have three things for sale on the list of Craig: the remains of a 1940's Chevy, a flat bottomed boat, and a tractor plow that weighs about 500 pounds. I for one, did not know that the plow was for sale.
So when Dad (who's at the doctor with Mom) woke me up with a phone call saying "the guy" was here and everything was hooked to the tractor, which the guy knew how to use. I assumed he meant the uncertain chap who had called about the truck. I got dressed in a manner resembling a drunk falling through cobwebs and locked Hank (the dog) in the yard to prevent him from getting in the way/chewing the guy's legs off.
He had a big truck (as most people out here do) idling in the driveway, but no trailer. This didn't register quite, especially given how the chaps out here know esoteric and awesome ways of doing things, so I just figured I'd learn how to tow one truck with another truck without a trailer or complementary equipment.
Then we ran into two problems: the tractor wouldn't start and some idiot had set the 500 pound plow right behind the tractor with a chain around it.
While the guy, who knew of tractor's inner workings, began to try and get the old machine to start, I moved the bloody plow out of the way, a good 100 feet to be sure, and my back was out for the day when I was through.
The guy finally got the tractor started and turned around, frowning at the ground. "Where'd it go?"
As the tractor died again, he was kind enough to explain my mistake. As he examined the tractor's innards, I rolled the plow back behind the tractor, by which time he had found the tractor's gas valve to be in the "off" position.
Now my back is killing me like no tomorrow, and it's still not even 9:30.
Hard work is hard huh? Thats what I do on a nearly daily basis, from 4 a.m to 2:p.m. lift, move, heavy shiit, and walk all day with only a 30 min lunch on a good day. Then get home tend to the wife and kids check homeworks, take out the trash, go grocery shopping nearly every freaking day, yell for kids to behave, run around getting them to take a bath.......and yet, I prefer this to having my wifes job. *She's a stay at home mom....quite possibly the hardest job in the world*. Trust me, I've once tried ALL day and fuck that, by the end I nearly asked for a divorce.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

goji89 wrote:*She's a stay at home mom....quite possibly the hardest job in the world*. Trust me, I've once tried ALL day and skreeonk that,
Amen to that, brother! :)

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Mom's starting to do a little worse in recovery, why we don't know. Just worrying us quite a bit.
goji89 wrote:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Mom's starting to do a little worse in recovery, why we don't know. Just worrying us quite a bit.
Praying!
Last edited by Zarm on Mon May 14, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Zarm wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:Mom's starting to do a little worse in recovery, why we don't know. Just worrying us quite a bit.
Praying!
Thanks Zarm. She spent the night barfing and lost five pounds in about two hours, but she's a lot better now.
goji89 wrote:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Love and what very little positive energy I have your way <3

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:
Love and what very little positive energy I have your way <3
Hey Daws, tell your mom to raise her hands up high to perform the Genki Dama, you too daws and you Maritonic.

I'll send you guy's all my positive energy. I got alot to spare.

*raises hands*

Hope you all recieved it especially your mom Daws. Hope she is doing better.