What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Wanna get this over with quick apparently. -_-

Woke up about halfway, saw how bright it was outside, and started to panic. I thought I'd slept until 11 or something, which is a lot of wasted time. Woke myself up, ran into the kitchen to look at the time on the microwave...and it's 8 something.

Oog. I feel like I was run over by a rock.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Wanna get this over with quick apparently. -_-

Woke up about halfway, saw how bright it was outside, and started to panic. I thought I'd slept until 11 or something, which is a lot of wasted time. Woke myself up, ran into the kitchen to look at the time on the microwave...and it's 8 something.

Oog. I feel like I was run over by a rock.

Wait, you can sleep up to 11 am?
I've been waking up at 7-7:30 am since I was five, and now I can't wake up at any other hour.
I personally would be thankfully shocked if I managed to sleep that much.
Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

On the subject on sleeping late, I woke up at 12:15 PM. 12:15!

That's half the day gone.
Resized Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Coobzilla03 wrote:On the subject on sleeping late, I woke up at 12:15 PM. 12:15!

That's half the day gone.
Half? Do you normally get up at 4:15 AM?
Last edited by eabaker on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

eabaker wrote: Half? Do you normally get up at 4:15 AM?
It's actually about 1/3 of the day gone. I wake up about 9:30 usually.
Resized Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Had a customer call looking for a key for his 2006 Hummer. First, he didn't have his VIN number which we need to look up parts. So he calls back, gives me an incorrect VIN ("Oh...that's not my registration!"). Calls back again, gives me the VIN, we don't have his key in stock. Not only that, but there are actually two options because lol fuck Hummers, tbh. So I tell him I don't have the keys in stock, we'll be getting them in our stock order tomorrow, sorry about it.

"WHAT?! How can you NOT have it in stock. I NEED my vehicle today." Keep in mind, he's talking to me on a blue tooth through a car. I can hear it. This also means he's lost not one, but both keys for his vehicle.

"Sorry, we don't keep many in stock and we used one in our shop. I'll have one tomorrow and you can come down and get it then."
"I don't understand why you don't have it today. I need it today."

So, now, I get a BIT snippy and say "Well, to be fair, your vehicle is 12 years old..." to which he replies that it's just a generic key (it doesn't work like that) it has a GM symbol on it (They all do) and that they all use the same key (they don't. Not even close. I have about 80 keys in stock and those are just for vehicles in the last about 5 years).

I have to be frank here, I don't understand this. I get chewed out almost daily, if not certainly weekly, but shit customers.

I, TOO!, am a consumer of product, shopper of stores, and a "customer" in general and never, in my life, have I EVER been rude to a customer service person. Ever. It drains my soul to be stomped on in all facets of my life, day in and day out.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Coobzilla03 wrote:
eabaker wrote: Half? Do you normally get up at 4:15 AM?
It's actually about 1/3 of the day gone. I wake up about 9:30 usually.
So you lost about three hours. Do you go to bed at 6:30?

(Just to be clear, I'm totally just playing around here.)

Added in 3 minutes 4 seconds:
Maritonic wrote:I, TOO!, am a consumer of product, shopper of stores, and a "customer" in general and never, in my life, have I EVER been rude to a customer service person. Ever. It drains my soul to be stomped on in all facets of my life, day in and day out.
So fucking glad I don't work customer service anymore.

Most people are like you; generally happy to treat others with respect and consideration, and willing to acknowledge that sometimes they're not the most knowledgable person about a given subject.

But that tiny percentage of bitter, arrogant assholes make an outsized impression. Any one of them can wipe out the happiness of dealing with a dozen generally decent folks with whom you have routine interactions.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:Had a customer call looking for a key for his 2006 Hummer. First, he didn't have his VIN number which we need to look up parts. So he calls back, gives me an incorrect VIN ("Oh...that's not my registration!"). Calls back again, gives me the VIN, we don't have his key in stock. Not only that, but there are actually two options because lol skreeonk Hummers, tbh. So I tell him I don't have the keys in stock, we'll be getting them in our stock order tomorrow, sorry about it.

"WHAT?! How can you NOT have it in stock. I NEED my vehicle today." Keep in mind, he's talking to me on a blue tooth through a car. I can hear it. This also means he's lost not one, but both keys for his vehicle.

"Sorry, we don't keep many in stock and we used one in our shop. I'll have one tomorrow and you can come down and get it then."
"I don't understand why you don't have it today. I need it today."

So, now, I get a BIT snippy and say "Well, to be fair, your vehicle is 12 years old..." to which he replies that it's just a generic key (it doesn't work like that) it has a GM symbol on it (They all do) and that they all use the same key (they don't. Not even close. I have about 80 keys in stock and those are just for vehicles in the last about 5 years).

I have to be frank here, I don't understand this. I get chewed out almost daily, if not certainly weekly, but poop customers.

I, TOO!, am a consumer of product, shopper of stores, and a "customer" in general and never, in my life, have I EVER been rude to a customer service person. Ever. It drains my soul to be stomped on in all facets of my life, day in and day out.
And some of us here would LOVE to hear your voice....while others dont understand the honor and privilege of speaking to you directly....I can just imagine that sweet angelic voice telling me he doesn't have my car keys....I'd be like oooohh, say that again but slower......then I'd ask you what your wearing. Then you'd tell me khakis, then my wife would take away the phone and ask whom Im speaking with, and Id be like Maritonic from the car dealer ship, and she ask you then you tell her then she be like she sounds hideous.....then Id divorce her wont see my children except on weekends loose my job become a bum on the streets all because you didnt have my car keys in stock.......You bastard.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

The boss I've worked with for 2 years is leaving our store next Tuesday. He's having open heart surgery next week, and his recovery will be 12 weeks, but he can't return to our store. He must work at a smaller location, less intense. Really sucks, he's a great guy, easy to talk to, and helped me out with time off when my mother passed away. I'm really going to miss him.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:The boss I've worked with for 2 years is leaving out store next Tuesday. He's having open heart surgery next week, and his recovery will be 12 weeks, but he can't return to our store. He must work at s smaller location, less intense. Really sucks, he's a great guy, easy to talk to, and helped me out with time off when my mother passed away. I'm really going to miss him.
I had a similar thing when an awesome boss of mine left a store I was working at. The new boss turned out to be okay though - hopefully the same thing happens for you! :)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Internet had been down the whole day. Had to replace with a new Motorola. X_X

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:At the weekly guy's night; sitting around a fire, stone sober, and completely withdrawn internally and miserable. Can't break it.
Definitely been there with my friends. Sometimes it just feels like I can’t relate to them, and vice versa. I’ve just got shit going on I don’t feel like, or want to, talk to them about, and I’ve just gotta sit there and pretend everything is alright.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:At the weekly guy's night; sitting around a fire, stone sober, and completely withdrawn internally and miserable. Can't break it.
Wait....You get to have a weekly guy's night?
Are we allowed to have those?
Shiit......It's over boy's, it's over, your pal goji89 has officially recognized that he is whipped...The shame, don't look at me, God why?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:It's my haunted house crew. Wife lets me out for the night haha. Until the little guy comes.
Still. My children can practically take care of themselves and Hell can freeze over her dead corpse as she so loveling says before I can have a weekly guy's night......Thats it, Im getting a divorce.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:It's my haunted house crew. Wife lets me out for the night haha. Until the little guy comes.
Still. My children can practically take care of themselves and Hell can freeze over her dead corpse as she so loveling says before I can have a weekly guy's night......Thats it, Im getting a divorce.
You're welcome here haha. I'll save a beer/hit for you.
Im not getting a divorce just for one beer....make it two.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Had an extra day off work today, which was great. It was supposed to just be a slow, relaxing day. But somehow things have morphed and snowballed, and I am having one of the most stressful days of my life right now. It’s seirously just one thing after another. I’m a pretty easygoing guy generally, but today I’m like a different person. I cannot remember the last time I was this high strung or in this bad of a mood.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Messed up with my money at work today and was warned that if I get written up again, I'm getting fired.

RIP Evan.