What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Thanks guys.

But now, adding to all of this, we just noticed that Lars, one of our two surviving cats (after our cat named Goji, or "Goj" died a week or two ago from a rattlesnake bite), has a cancerous growth coming from his eye.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

:( Hope the effect passes swiftly!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Maritonic wrote:i think my day would have been better if a man randomly kicked me in the balls while wearing steel toe boots.
Now THAT'S a bad day.

Hang tight Maritonic, you can get through this.
goji89 wrote:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I slept straight from 1 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon after spending about 30 hours traveling home. I mean, it was such a good sleep it also kinda made my day, but now I have no day left, you know?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Had to interrupt writing earlier to go help pick up some old metal washtubs, but that just meant I'd be able to write at night I thought, given that there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

Well now we're unplugging everything. Another big storm that comes up in 2.5 seconds just appeared a few miles away, and it's headed here. Wind's 30 mph and there's a couple tornados running amok.

Catch you later chaps.
goji89 wrote:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Had to interrupt writing earlier to go help pick up some old metal washtubs, but that just meant I'd be able to write at night I thought, given that there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

Well now we're unplugging everything. Another big storm that comes up in 2.5 seconds just appeared a few miles away, and it's headed here. Wind's 30 mph and there's a couple tornados running amok.

Catch you later chaps.
Wait......Are they............Sharknados? :rimshot:

Take care Daws.

Wait, your in Texas so.....are they Cownados.?

Thank you folks, I'm here all night.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote: Wait......Are they............Sharknados? :rimshot:

Take care Daws.

You turd burglar*. :lol:

It blew over in eight minutes and we saw no tornados, so God protected us again. The wind speed got up to fifty, but no "naders".

*Alamonados. (Remember the Alamo. :manlytears:)
goji89 wrote:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
goji89 wrote: Wait......Are they............Sharknados? :rimshot:

Take care Daws.

You turd burglar*. :lol:

It blew over in eight minutes and we saw no tornados, so God protected us again. The wind speed got up to fifty, but no "naders".

*Alamonados. (Remember the Alamo. :manlytears:)
What I imagined

What I got

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Glad you're safe!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Deleted.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

The day that this is just a memory will come. Hang in there. It really sucks right now, but you will get through it!

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Eating dinner in a cafeteria and the most obnoxious man in the world comes in acting like a real jerk to his very young daughter. Too be fair, I don’t know what frustrations may have taken place earlier in the day, but she seemed very well behaved to me. This guy, with like the loudest, most condescending voice I’ve ever heard, is just speaking to her like she’s a fucking idiot. It’s not what he’s saying so much as the tone - its like the way you’d speak to a dim-witted employee or co-worker who keeps screwing up despite multiple explanations. But swap the co-worker for a very normal, sweet seeming little girl who just has a lot of questions.

Some people just suck. Hope I’m just seeing the end of a rough day and this is not how this guy treats the poor girl daily.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Eating dinner in a cafeteria and the most obnoxious man in the world comes in acting like a real jerk to his very young daughter. Too be fair, I don’t know what frustrations may have taken place earlier in the day, but she seemed very well behaved to me. This guy, with like the loudest, most condescending voice I’ve ever heard, is just speaking to her like she’s a skreeonking idiot. It’s not what he’s saying so much as the tone - its like the way you’d speak to a dim-witted employee or co-worker who keeps screwing up despite multiple explanations. But swap the co-worker for a very normal, sweet seeming little girl who just has a lot of questions.

Some people just suck. Hope I’m just seeing the end of a rough day and this is not how this guy treats the poor girl daily.
When you have kids..........You'll understand. Kids can be assholes, I love mine to death and would sell my soul to the devil for them, but there are days where.....Jesus give me strength with these little motherfuckers.....

I too hope its not a daily thing with the poor child but if its "one" of those days I understand.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Many times this. If you don't have kids or, like me, young siblings, you can't know the pain that the simplest everyday situations can become. But yes, hopefully the guy was just at the end of his rope, rather than a legitimate bad parent.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Realizing that only four of the men who walked on the moon are still alive now. :(

(If I did my research right).
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Being at work. That’s it. Just not feeling it today. TGIF.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Being at work. That’s it. Just not feeling it today. TGIF.
It IS one of those days.