Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.

Re: Official News topic

Postby Kiryu2012 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:43 am

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:What? The fact that the father gave the man a beating, but didn't want to kill him?

Yeah, I find that wierd. Normally anyone else would just plain murder anyone molesting their child.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy shit man.

Kiryu2012
The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Team: Discord and Bobobo
Favourite Kaiju: Discord

Postby Legionmaster » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:56 am

Kiryu2012 wrote:
Cimmerian Dragon wrote:What? The fact that the father gave the man a beating, but didn't want to kill him?

Yeah, I find that wierd. Normally anyone else would just plain murder anyone molesting their child.

Murder's don't happen nearly as often as TV would lead you to believe.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Team: Plasbad

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:14 am

The father just gained even more points in my book. This man tired to rape his daughter and he still tries to call for help for the man.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:Texas law holds that deadly force is justified in order to stop a sexual assault.

Well that's one thing they do right.
Gotta have yer goddamn soufflé! With sweet tater!

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby Kiryu2012 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Apparently some dinosaurs like Triceratops weren't quite what we imagined them to be.
http://listverse.com/2011/02/22/top-10- ... they-were/
Scroll down to see the part about the Trike.
I just gained a larger respect for Triceratops.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

gigan72 wrote:

Holy shit man.

Kiryu2012
The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby space godzilla » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:55 pm

^My reaction to the Triceratops:"Oh good Lord!Oh Lordy!I'm comin' Elizabith!"
    I can't believe future genarations are gonna be braught up on these lies about Triceratops. :mad:
    "Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide!" - Flood Gravemind, Halo 3.
    ImageImage

space godzilla
    Argonian Spellsword

Geiger Counter

Team: Thieves Guild
    Favourite Kaiju: SpaceGodzilla

Postby HayesAJones » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Why are we personally offended by this?

Are.. are you a Triceratops?
    “Yeah, and don't call it a, 'carol,' because Carol is a woman's name and we want this song to be all-inclusive!”
    HayesAJones
    Merry Christmas! (If that's okay)

Team: Team Sweater Crow
    Favourite Kaiju: Anguirus

Postby space godzilla » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 pm

HayesAJones wrote:
    Are.. are you a Triceratops?

:shock: You've discovered my secret...Don't look at me i'm ashamed of being a Triceratops!
    "Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide!" - Flood Gravemind, Halo 3.
    ImageImage

space godzilla
    Argonian Spellsword

Geiger Counter

Team: Thieves Guild
    Favourite Kaiju: SpaceGodzilla

Postby Bret » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Anders Behring Breivik should be locked up in a mental institution for last summer's massacre that left 77 dead in Norway, prosecutors argued during closing remarks in Oslo today, the AFP reports.

Prosecutors told the five Oslo judges hearing the case that they could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Breivik is sane.

During the 10-week trial, Breivik said that the attack, which left mostly children dead, was "preventative" to defend "ethnic Norwegians" and that he would not hesitate to do it again. Under Norwegian law, Breivik faced a maximum of 21 years in jail, which could be extended to life if he is considered a threat to society. If found insane he could be sentenced to a psychiatric facility for life.

According to a Norwegian poll, the AFP reports, three out of four Norwegians want Breivik to go to prison rather than an insane asylum. During the trial, Breivik explained to a packed courtroom how he used Call of Duty to "train" for the shooting spree.

Tomorrow, Breivik's attorneys will summarize the case and Breivik will have up to an hour to address the court.

The judges are expected to rule by next month, determining whether Breivik can be held criminally responsible for the killing spree he confessed to, or whether he will be committed to a psychiatric hospital.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/6/2 ... ivik-trial

Now the question is will they send him to the asylum or try him in court.
    Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.
    Bret
    G-Grasper

Postby Wataru » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:19 am

:waits for CoD haters to start telling people to ban buying the game and citing this case:
    Wataru
    TK's Comic Book God & Toy Guru
    Sandy Frank dubs. All others are fail.

Founder of the Heathen Hall @ American Asatru Association

Wataru
    Founding Director of the American Asatru Associaton

Favourite Kaiju: Gojira '89

Postby Bret » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Jury finds Jerry Sandusky guilty on dozens of child sex abuse charges

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky was found guilty Friday on 45 of 48 counts related to sexual abuse of boys over a 15-year period.

Jurors delivered the verdict around 10 p.m. after deliberating for about 21 hours. There were convictions related to all 10 sexual abuse victims, with the three not-guilty verdicts applying to three different individuals.

Sandusky stood slightly hunched, looking down with his hand in his pocket but showing no visible emotion as the guilty verdicts were read out in court. His wife, Dottie, blinked back tears.

Judge John Cleland revoked Sandusky's bail and ordered his arrest. Video showed him leaving the courthouse in handcuffs and heading into an awaiting police car destined for the Centre County jail. He didn't say anything as reporters asked "if he had anything to say to the victims."

"We knew whatever the jury's verdict was we would honor it," said Karl Rominger, one of the defense lawyers. "Jerry rose. I saw tears in his eyes."

Back inside the courtroom, the young man identified as court documents as Victim 6 was in tears as he hugged prosecutors.

Sandusky should be sentenced in about 90 days, the judge said.
    Watch Sandusky be lead out of court

His case gripped the nation and led to the dismissal of a legendary coach and one of America's highest-paid university presidents, while his trial included gripping and at times graphic testimony from his victims.
    Reporter describes Sandusky's reaction
    Final defense witness is not Sandusky
    Sandusky witness on showers

During closing arguments, prosecutors described the ex-Nittany Lions defensive coordinator as a pedophile who preyed on victims using a charity he founded for troubled children, repeatedly abusing young boys in his care.

His defense sought to poke holes in the prosecution's case throughout the trial, such as pointing to inconsistencies in the testimony of Mike McQueary, a former graduate assistant who testified that he witnessed Sandusky apparently sodomizing a boy in a university shower.

Defense attorney Joe Amendola reminded jurors of the lack of physical evidence in the case, accusing the alleged victims of conspiring for financial gain, while also blaming the media for what he described as biased coverage.

iReport: Share your reaction

Lead prosecutor Joseph McGettigan rebuffed those arguments, telling jurors that "the commonwealth has overwhelming evidence against Mr. Sandusky."

In a bombshell announcement Thursday evening, Matt Sandusky -- one of Jerry Sandusky's six adopted children -- said through his attorney that he was sexually abused by the former Penn State assistant football coach, adding that he had been prepared to testify against him.

Legal analysts say the accusation could bring additional charges, including incest charges, against the former coach.

The broader scandal led to the November firing of iconic head football coach Joe Paterno, the dismissal of university president Graham Spanier and brought charges against vice president Gary Schultz and former Athletic Director Tim Curley for perjury and failing to report the abuse.

During grand jury testimony, Paterno said that he was told by a graduate assistant that Sandusky was in the showers "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy."

The Nittany Lions' head coach, who died on January 22 after a career that had him widely credited with bringing the program to national prominence, reported the incident to his superiors but did not inform police, the school's board of trustees said in a report that explained Paterno's firing.

"We determined that his decision to do his minimum legal duty and not to do more to follow up constituted a failure of leadership by Coach Paterno," the trustees said.

That decision prompted rioting from Penn State university students, overturning a news van and clashing with police, who used tear gas break up the crowds.

After a week of testimony, during which time witnesses graphically described sexual encounters with Sandusky that they said occurred durijng their boyhoods, jurors made their decision without ever having heard from Sandusky on the witness stand.

If the former coach had testified, prosecutors could have potentially submitted as new evidence a November television interview he had with NBC sportscaster Bob Costas.

What Sandusky has said about child rape allegations

In a portion of the interview that was not part of the original broadcast, Sandusky told Costas that he "didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped."

On Tuesday, the prosecution called its only rebuttal witness to counter testimony that raised questions about the former coach's mental health.

Dr. Elliot Atkins earlier had testified that he diagnosed Sandusky with histrionic personality disorder, part of a class of conditions called dramatic personality disorders, which are marked by unstable emotions and distorted self-images. But a second psychologist, prosecution witness Dr. John O'Brien, disputed those findings, saying that the "personality profile Mr. Sandusky exhibited was within normal limits."

A day later, the defense called Dr. Jonathan Dranov, an acquaintance of McQueary's, who said the former graduate assistant told him he heard "sexual sounds" and saw the boy in the shower when an arm reached around him. Sandusky then emerged from the shower area, he quoted McQueary as saying. But McQueary said he did not actually witness a sexual encounter, Dranov said of their conversation.

That account differs from what the former graduate assistant testified he saw.

McQueary said he witnessed Sandusky pressed up against the boy in the shower and that it seemed obvious the former coach had been sodomizing the child.

On Tuesday, Sandusky's wife told jurors that she could remember at least six of her husband's accusers staying overnight at their house, but that she never witnessed sexual abuse.

All you need to know about allegations, how case unraveled

Eight young men testified, often in disturbingly graphic detail, of how Sandusky forced them to engage in sexual acts in various places, including showers in the Penn State coaches' locker room, hotel rooms and the basement of his home.

One told jurors that Sandusky -- whom he met, like many of the accusers, through The Second Mile foundation that the ex-coach founded -- had threatened him if he told others about the abuse. Another said Sandusky warned him that he might send him home from a trip to Texas, where they'd gone to watch a Penn State bowl game.

The defense challenged the accusers' timetable, questioned the various allegations and called multiple character witness to defend Sandusky's stellar reputation in the community.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/22/justice/p ... ?hpt=hp_t1

I seriously thought he wasn't going to be convicted.
    Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.
    Bret
    G-Grasper

Postby Showa Gyaos » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:37 pm

^He's gonna' have a hard time in prison.

And for those of you who remember ACTA, the proposed bill is "almost dead." The European Parliament's trade committee rejected the bill by a 19-12 vote.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/communicat ... -10026443/
    Gawdziller wrote:Elizabeth Olsen's Army of Darkness skeleton impersonation was pretty painful to sit through.

Oh wait, that was just Elizabeth Olsen.

Showa Gyaos
    Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 am

I'm glad that slime ball got what was coming to him.
    SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
    Gorosaurus Rex
    G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Alucard » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:01 pm

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
    wataru wrote:It's not huge and it's white.

LIKE YO DICK!

Alucard
    EDF Soldier

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Spacegodzilla

Postby Kiryu2012 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:06 pm

kikomia wrote:Another species extinct: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery ... n-pictures

:shock:
    No, NO.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! :cry:

gigan72 wrote:

Holy shit man.

Kiryu2012
    The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby Showa Gyaos » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:31 pm

kikomia wrote:Another species extinct: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery ... n-pictures

It's a damn shame. Were they hunted to extinction like many other currently extinct species?
    Gawdziller wrote:Elizabeth Olsen's Army of Darkness skeleton impersonation was pretty painful to sit through.

Showa Gyaos
    Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby HayesAJones » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:29 am

Noooooooooooo, not Lonesome George!
    “Yeah, and don't call it a, 'carol,' because Carol is a woman's name and we want this song to be all-inclusive!”
    HayesAJones
    Merry Christmas! (If that's okay)

Team: Team Sweater Crow
    Favourite Kaiju: Anguirus

Postby Breakdown » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:02 am

Vatarian wrote:When the movie comes out on DVD,I'm going to frame a screenshot of his death-grimace and mount it on my wall next to the vial of tears I collected from a thousand angry Broni Friendzonis ranting about how Prime's an amoral psychopath and Bay violated their childhood like some sort of ancient Babylonian sex-demon.

"The Great Devourer has come"

Breakdown
    Hive Tyrant

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Team: Tyranids
    Favourite Kaiju: Baragon, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, Godzilla, King Ceasar

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:13 am

Gyaos wrote:http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/15/american-isps-to-launch-massive-copyright-spying-scheme-on-july-12/

Behold, the death of liberty.

skreeonk this country, I'm moving to Canada.
    Ah, look at you
    A thousand miles above the ground
    You're not coming down
    Ah, what a view
    You drift about
    You're spinning down
    You're not coming down

Image Steam! (PM me if you add me!) Image

UltramanGoji
    Kritzkriegger

Geiger Counter

Team: Ultra Garrison
    Favourite Kaiju: Seabozu

Postby Legionmaster » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:20 am

Gyaos wrote:http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/15/american-isps-to-launch-massive-copyright-spying-scheme-on-july-12/

I find it incredibly laughable that people bitch so hard when laws are actually enforced. If you don't want to suffer, don't break the law. Common sense, people.
    bleep bloop

Legionmaster
    Butts

Geiger Counter

Team: Plasbad

Postby Showa Gyaos » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:42 am

Legionmaster wrote:

I find it incredibly laughable that people bitch so hard when laws are actually enforced. If you don't want to suffer, don't break the law. Common sense, people.

That's pretty much my way of living. I won't get into trouble if I don't do what I am not supposed to be doing.

Showa Gyaos
    Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion