Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.

Re: Official News topic

Postby Jomei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Kiryu2012 wrote:...Who the hell would hunt for Obama and Bush?!? Granted it might be Mr. Black, but any human would have to be retarded beyond belief to place a bounty on Obama and Bush's heads. :evil:


Wait, what? Am I missing something, or did you just call the president "Mr. Black?"

Anyway, Bush really should be brought in for trial on war crimes. His war crimes far exceed those of Bin Laden, who was already assassinated for what he did. To quote an American prosecutor from the Nuremburg trials for Nazi war criminals, "To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Of course, a bounty is the wrong way to bring justice. But you have to consider the double-standard at play here.
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

 ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel to make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 8486
Team: SOS団
Favourite Kaiju: ___George W. Bush___
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: 萌え町

Re: Official News topic

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:56 pm

From the sound of it, it was basically done as an act of protest.
Gender-questioning Netflix addict who has spent way too much money collecting these damned movies.

KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES
User avatar
omgitsgodzilla
Tumblr Trash
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:52 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Official News topic

Postby NSZ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Oh for skreeonk sakes you don't just announce you placed a bounty on the President's head, you stupid, stupid skreeonk.

And I hope you enjoyed being a member of Parliament, cause I sure as hell doubt they'll be letting you back in.
No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!

HayesAJones wrote:
NSZ wrote:They don't have sails like Spino, they don't have weird sharkfin humps like Concavenator.

AND THEY'RE ALL THE WORSE FOR IT.

*pulls on "I Love Concavenator" t-shirt*

NSZ
Tank Police

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 6161
Favourite Kaiju: Nerogiras
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:22 pm
Location: Greenhell Isle

Re: Official News topic

Postby HayesAJones » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Get the idea, but pretty terribly way to express it. He's gonna have overenthusiastic patriots at his throat for the rest of time.
ImageImageImage Image
Avid G-fan, MSTie & brony, as well as animated & monster movie buff and resident Sneasel maniac.
Check out TITAN WORLD: http://hayesajones.deviantart.com/gallery/43527328, my in-progress kaiju story!
User avatar
HayesAJones
The Sharp Claw Member
 
Posts: 8507
Team: Team Sneasel
Favourite Kaiju: Anguirus
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere deep inside my own imagination

Re: Official News topic

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Jomei wrote:Anyway, Bush really should be brought in for trial on war crimes. His war crimes far exceed those of Bin Laden, who was already assassinated for what he did. To quote an American prosecutor from the Nuremburg trials for Nazi war criminals, "To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Of course, a bounty is the wrong way to bring justice. But you have to consider the double-standard at play here.

Hold the phone here...I'm uncertain of what "war of aggression" Bush started.

That said, almost every war crime a Nazi was charged with in the 1950s could also have been charged against American, British, French, Russian, and Chinese military leaders. That's the fun part about international laws: they only apply to the losers.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 5558
Team: Plasbad
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Skyloft, seducing Peatrice

Re: Official News topic

Postby Jomei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Legionmaster wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, Bush really should be brought in for trial on war crimes. His war crimes far exceed those of Bin Laden, who was already assassinated for what he did. To quote an American prosecutor from the Nuremburg trials for Nazi war criminals, "To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Of course, a bounty is the wrong way to bring justice. But you have to consider the double-standard at play here.

Hold the phone here...I'm uncertain of what "war of aggression" Bush started.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

 ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel to make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 8486
Team: SOS団
Favourite Kaiju: ___George W. Bush___
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: 萌え町

Re: Official News topic

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Jomei wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

You mean the military action taken to remove a tyrannical dictator from power? That's not a war of aggression. Maybe if Iraq was annexed, sure.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 5558
Team: Plasbad
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Skyloft, seducing Peatrice

Re: Official News topic

Postby Jomei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Legionmaster wrote:
Jomei wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

You mean the military action taken to remove a tyrannical dictator from power? That's not a war of aggression. Maybe if Iraq was annexed, sure.


A war of aggression is a war waged without the justification of self-defense. Initially the US tried to claim that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that *could* pose a threat to them, which is still not a legitimate justification of self-defense. The "we're removing a big bad jerk" rationale was provided after the deed was done, but it's still not a claim to self-defense.
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

 ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel to make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 8486
Team: SOS団
Favourite Kaiju: ___George W. Bush___
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: 萌え町

Re: Official News topic

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:41 pm

I don't know why I'm even taking you serious, man.

Stating "His war crimes far exceed those of Bin Laden" and actually thinking that the Nuremburg Trials are a good example of fair, competent, judicial acts to use as precedent is really, really funny.

Also, waging an illegal war isn't the same as committing a war crime. If you can even shoulder a charge like that on a single individual anyway.

It's also useless claim, by de facto standards. It would take a class A lunatic to even fathom trying to bring such charges up against the United States. Even then, they wouldn't have the clout. Nor is there any gain from such an action other than personal smugness. It's a ridiculous claim to make because it wouldn't ever happen.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 5558
Team: Plasbad
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Skyloft, seducing Peatrice

Re: Official News topic

Postby Jomei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:51 pm

wouldn't =/= shouldn't

There's a provision of the UN charter that was formulated and agreed to the by US that says no nation can attack another except in self-defense or with the approval of the UN security council. It's a clear breach of law, and yes, referring to the language of the Nuremburg principles is relevant. That's where we get a lot of our thinking as to what constitutes a war crime. But specifically, what Bush did was a crime against peace--a war of aggression, which is more severe than a war crime because, again quoting Nuremburg language, "it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

And yes, Bush's crime is far greater than Bin Laden's. That's completely uncontroversial. It encompasses the "accumulated evil of the whole" of the war's consequences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties ... 11_attacks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

 ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel to make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 8486
Team: SOS団
Favourite Kaiju: ___George W. Bush___
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: 萌え町

Re: Official News topic

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:53 pm

lulztheUN.

Parliament is pretty stupid. They're like rednecks but with Posh accents.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return.

Like Toho Kingdom on Facebook!

Join the Facebook Toho Kingdom group!
User avatar
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian
 
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:52 am
Location: Radiant Garden

Re: Official News topic

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:59 pm

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Parliament is pretty stupid. They're like rednecks but with Posh accents.

The House of Lords resents that.

And Jomei, I'm not even going to bother responding to your argument, because it's one of the most asinine things I have ever read.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 5558
Team: Plasbad
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Skyloft, seducing Peatrice

Re: Official News topic

Postby Kiryu2012 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 pm

I STILL don't see why anybody aside from a Predator would try and place a bounty on Bush's and Obama's heads and announce this unspeakable crime.

I swear, quoting the TF2 Soldier, 'If I have to crack some skulls I will.'
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy shit man.


Image

Kiryu2012
The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 9651
Team: Discord and Bobobo
Favourite Kaiju: Discord
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Here, there, anywhere!

Re: Official News topic

Postby Darth Calypso » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:07 pm

God the Parliament is stupid.
A Pokemon card is worth $20,000:
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/unplugged/ ... 19394.html
I'm kinda tempted to look throughout my old Yuigioh deck to see if there's anything worth something.
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

My Youtube Channel
XBL=xDARTHxCALYPSOx

Darth Calypso
Futurian

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:57 am
Location: Delaware

Re: Official News topic

Postby TheSecondComing » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:08 pm

I recently bought a Pokemon card collection with two first edition Charizards (one is in German though). Time to see about making that work for me.
User avatar
TheSecondComing
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2126
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Official News topic

Postby Kiryu2012 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Wait, WHAT?! A Pokemon card costing $20,000?! What is this? First we have two presidents having a bounty placed on them, and now this! What's next, people will ban others from certain households for liking MLP?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy shit man.


Image

Kiryu2012
The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 9651
Team: Discord and Bobobo
Favourite Kaiju: Discord
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Here, there, anywhere!

Re: Official News topic

Postby Jomei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Legionmaster wrote:
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Parliament is pretty stupid. They're like rednecks but with Posh accents.

The House of Lords resents that.

And Jomei, I'm not even going to bother responding to your argument, because it's one of the most asinine things I have ever read.


Derision is a good way to admit you have no counter-argument. Interestingly, Benjamin Ferencz, an expert in international law who prosecuted Nazi war criminals, doesn't think my argument is asinine. http://www.alternet.org/world/38604/?page=1

At least you backed off your initial objection to the Iraq War being a war of aggression.

Oh, and Pokemon merch is worth any price. Anybody want to see my Azumarill plush? Legionmaster? ;)
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

 ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel to make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 8486
Team: SOS団
Favourite Kaiju: ___George W. Bush___
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: 萌え町

Re: Official News topic

Postby TheSecondComing » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Kiryu2012 wrote:Wait, WHAT?! A Pokemon card costing $20,000?! What is this?



Read the article. It's worth that much because there are only four in the world.
User avatar
TheSecondComing
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2126
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Official News topic

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:39 pm

Jomei wrote:Derision is a good way to admit you have no counter-argument. Interestingly, Benjamin Ferencz, an expert in international law who prosecuted Nazi war criminals, doesn't think my argument is asinine. http://www.alternet.org/world/38604/?page=1

At least you backed off your initial objection to the Iraq War being a war of aggression.

I wasn't aware that an asinine position suddenly became correct when people decided it wasn't worth their time to dismantle.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 5558
Team: Plasbad
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Skyloft, seducing Peatrice

Re: Official News topic

Postby o.supreme » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:00 am

On the lighter side of the news. It's nothing earth shattering, but I found it to be slightly amusing:

Alabama’s championship trophy falls down, goes boom
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 55920.html

one reader response about 4 down says itall says it all-

"That is why we can't have nice things" :lol:
Looking for Ebirah Horror of the Deep Intl. Dub(PAL VHS or DVD sourced from PAL VHS with original title card & Credits)
User avatar
o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:51 am
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto

Re: Official News topic

Postby Showa Gyaos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:54 am

o.supreme wrote:On the lighter side of the news. It's nothing earth shattering, but I found it to be slightly amusing:

Alabama’s championship trophy falls down, goes boom
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 55920.html

one reader response about 4 down says itall says it all-

"That is why we can't have nice things" :lol:

The same thing happened to Florida's 2006 National Championship trophy several years ago.
Gawdziller wrote:Elizabeth Olsen's Army of Darkness skeleton impersonation was pretty painful to sit through.

Oh wait, that was just Elizabeth Olsen.

Showa Gyaos
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: G2000, NSZ