Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.

Re: Official News topic

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:A bounty of $16 million has been placed on the heads of Bush and Obama.

*sigh*
Creator of TK Man as well as TK's very own Transformers head-geek, Team Fortress expert, Spider-Girl fan, and self-proclaimed Forum Genius.
Plexton wrote:All roads lead to Bagan.

Image Steam! Image

UltramanGoji
ハハ!あなたが秘密のメッセージを見つけた!

Geiger Counter

Team: polandball
Favourite Kaiju: Gawdziller's Mother

Postby Julia Bristow » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:51 pm

really a 16 million dollar bounty on Bush & Obama's heads heads? :eh:
Least favorite type of people: Film Snobs/Elitists
Julia Bristow
TK's Princess

Team: Team B-Movies

Postby Crocodile » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:A bounty of $16 million has been placed on the heads of Bush and Obama.

Wow, Parliament must be so embaressed.
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies
Crocodile
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Kiryu2012 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:23 pm

...Who the hell would hunt for Obama and Bush?!? Granted it might be Mr. Black, but any human would have to be retarded beyond belief to place a bounty on Obama and Bush's heads. :evil:
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy shit man.

Kiryu2012
The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Team: Discord and Bobobo
Favourite Kaiju: Discord

Postby Godzilla 1995 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Kiryu2012 wrote:...Who the hell would hunt for Obama and Bush?!? Granted it might be Mr. Black, but any human would have to be retarded beyond belief to place a bounty on Obama and Bush's heads. :evil:

Terrorists. I figure every American president for the next couple terms is gonna have a bounty on their heads, no surprise to me Bush and Obama are marked.
I survived 11-22-13

Ebay Account: http://www.ebay.com/usr/firehawk195
You are Godzilla. Overcome your social MUTOs!
Vatarian wrote:He went back to Club Penguin and Neopets because he couldn't take my bitchin' hip-action

No Room Left To Grieve: http://we-come-alive.proboards.com/

Godzilla 1995
Having a Crush on Yumiko Shaku

Geiger Counter

Team: Grand Union
Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla

Postby Jomei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Kiryu2012 wrote:...Who the hell would hunt for Obama and Bush?!? Granted it might be Mr. Black, but any human would have to be retarded beyond belief to place a bounty on Obama and Bush's heads. :evil:

Wait, what? Am I missing something, or did you just call the president "Mr. Black?"

Anyway, Bush really should be brought in for trial on war crimes. His war crimes far exceed those of Bin Laden, who was already assassinated for what he did. To quote an American prosecutor from the Nuremburg trials for Nazi war criminals, "To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Of course, a bounty is the wrong way to bring justice. But you have to consider the double-standard at play here.
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel that'll make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter

Team: SOS団
Favourite Kaiju: ___George W. Bush___

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:56 pm

From the sound of it, it was basically done as an act of protest.
Gender-questioning Netflix addict who has spent way too much money collecting these damned movies.

KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES
omgitsgodzilla
Tumblr Trash

Postby NSZ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Oh for skreeonk sakes you don't just announce you placed a bounty on the President's head, you stupid, stupid skreeonk.

And I hope you enjoyed being a member of Parliament, cause I sure as hell doubt they'll be letting you back in.
I'm a reasonable guy, I've just experienced some unreasonable things.

nani sore wrote:If I can't tell the difference between a baby and a muffin I eat the skreeonking BABY

NSZ
Dragon Slayer

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Trespasser

Postby HayesAJones » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Get the idea, but pretty terribly way to express it. He's gonna have overenthusiastic patriots at his throat for the rest of time.
ImageImageImage Image
Avid G-fan, MSTie & brony, as well as animated & monster movie buff and resident Sneasel maniac.
Check out TITAN WORLD: http://hayesajones.deviantart.com/gallery/43527328, my in-progress kaiju story!
HayesAJones
The Sharp Claw Member

Team: Team Sneasel
Favourite Kaiju: Anguirus

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Jomei wrote:Anyway, Bush really should be brought in for trial on war crimes. His war crimes far exceed those of Bin Laden, who was already assassinated for what he did. To quote an American prosecutor from the Nuremburg trials for Nazi war criminals, "To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Of course, a bounty is the wrong way to bring justice. But you have to consider the double-standard at play here.

Hold the phone here...I'm uncertain of what "war of aggression" Bush started.

That said, almost every war crime a Nazi was charged with in the 1950s could also have been charged against American, British, French, Russian, and Chinese military leaders. That's the fun part about international laws: they only apply to the losers.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Team: Plasbad

Postby Jomei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Legionmaster wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, Bush really should be brought in for trial on war crimes. His war crimes far exceed those of Bin Laden, who was already assassinated for what he did. To quote an American prosecutor from the Nuremburg trials for Nazi war criminals, "To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Hold the phone here...I'm uncertain of what "war of aggression" Bush started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War
♪(´ε` )

ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Jomei wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

You mean the military action taken to remove a tyrannical dictator from power? That's not a war of aggression. Maybe if Iraq was annexed, sure.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Postby Jomei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Legionmaster wrote:
Jomei wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

You mean the military action taken to remove a tyrannical dictator from power? That's not a war of aggression. Maybe if Iraq was annexed, sure.

A war of aggression is a war waged without the justification of self-defense. Initially the US tried to claim that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that *could* pose a threat to them, which is still not a legitimate justification of self-defense. The "we're removing a big bad jerk" rationale was provided after the deed was done, but it's still not a claim to self-defense.
♪(´ε` )

ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:41 pm

I don't know why I'm even taking you serious, man.

Stating "His war crimes far exceed those of Bin Laden" and actually thinking that the Nuremburg Trials are a good example of fair, competent, judicial acts to use as precedent is really, really funny.

Also, waging an illegal war isn't the same as committing a war crime. If you can even shoulder a charge like that on a single individual anyway.

It's also useless claim, by de facto standards. It would take a class A lunatic to even fathom trying to bring such charges up against the United States. Even then, they wouldn't have the clout. Nor is there any gain from such an action other than personal smugness. It's a ridiculous claim to make because it wouldn't ever happen.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Postby Jomei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:51 pm

wouldn't =/= shouldn't

There's a provision of the UN charter that was formulated and agreed to the by US that says no nation can attack another except in self-defense or with the approval of the UN security council. It's a clear breach of law, and yes, referring to the language of the Nuremburg principles is relevant. That's where we get a lot of our thinking as to what constitutes a war crime. But specifically, what Bush did was a crime against peace--a war of aggression, which is more severe than a war crime because, again quoting Nuremburg language, "it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

And yes, Bush's crime is far greater than Bin Laden's. That's completely uncontroversial. It encompasses the "accumulated evil of the whole" of the war's consequences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties ... 11_attacks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War
♪(´ε` )

ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:53 pm

lulztheUN.

Parliament is pretty stupid. They're like rednecks but with Posh accents.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return.

Like Toho Kingdom on Facebook!

Join the Facebook Toho Kingdom group!
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:59 pm

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Parliament is pretty stupid. They're like rednecks but with Posh accents.

The House of Lords resents that.

And Jomei, I'm not even going to bother responding to your argument, because it's one of the most asinine things I have ever read.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Postby Kiryu2012 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 pm

I STILL don't see why anybody aside from a Predator would try and place a bounty on Bush's and Obama's heads and announce this unspeakable crime.

I swear, quoting the TF2 Soldier, 'If I have to crack some skulls I will.'
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

gigan72 wrote:

Holy shit man.

Kiryu2012
The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby Darth Calypso » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:07 pm

God the Parliament is stupid.
A Pokemon card is worth $20,000:
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/unplugged/ ... 19394.html
I'm kinda tempted to look throughout my old Yuigioh deck to see if there's anything worth something.
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

My Youtube Channel
XBL=xDARTHxCALYPSOx

Darth Calypso
Futurian

Geiger Counter

Postby TheSecondComing » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:08 pm

I recently bought a Pokemon card collection with two first edition Charizards (one is in German though). Time to see about making that work for me.
TheSecondComing
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Kiryu2012 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Wait, WHAT?! A Pokemon card costing $20,000?! What is this? First we have two presidents having a bounty placed on them, and now this! What's next, people will ban others from certain households for liking MLP?

gigan72 wrote:

Holy shit man.

Kiryu2012
The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion