Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Official News topic

Post by goji89 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:02 am
goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:16 pm
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:54 pm "When you ask someone for their opinion on racism, it means you're calling them out on their patriotism" is probably the hottest take I've seen on TK in a while.
You know damn well it isn't that. What it is that whenever anyone says "I'm a proud American who loves his country" many assume they're racists or deep right crazy conservative, so stop coming in here with that stupid "Hot take" crap.
We don’t assume you’re deep right crazy conservative because you’re religious or patriotic, goji.

We assume you’re deep right crazy conservative because of the hundreds of complaints you’ve posted about liberals/leftists over the past three months. :P
:lol: fair enough.

But you people think I post things because I'm that? No, no far from it. I post them to bring balance to this topic. One can not just post from one side and ignore the other not how it works nor shouldn't.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

KManX89 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:26 amHow much you want to bet Ben would be saying justice was served if they let a murderer cop go free yet again? Which thankfully didn't happen this time.
"I genuinely dislike Ben Shapiro." - Captain America (err, Chris Evans, but close enough)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

tbeasley wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:59 am
KManX89 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:26 amHow much you want to bet Ben would be saying justice was served if they let a murderer cop go free yet again? Which thankfully didn't happen this time.
"I genuinely dislike Ben Shapiro." - Captain America (err, Chris Evans, but close enough)
Dude is an asshole.

Not the good kind like me..... 8-)

Also.

Maaaaaan fuck Ben Shapiro
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

tbeasley wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:59 am
Ben and his dumbass ilk are basically arguing "justice means all procedures were fairly followed, it has nothing to do with reaching the right verdict", no, no, no, no, no, it has EVERYTHING to do with returning the right verdict:

https://thelawdictionary.org/miscarriage-of-justice/
What is MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE?
Returning an unfair verdict based on the evidence presented as a legal justice failure.
So no, Chauvin walking free would NOT have been justice, fair trial or no.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Will you look at that.

We all agree Ben Shapiro sucks. We did it everyone congratulations.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

I never understood patriotism anyway. It is just liking a country just because you were born in that country. It is a lot like religion. It mostly just causes problems rather than helping things.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Zasraniec wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:07 pm I never understood patriotism anyway. It is just liking a country just because you were born in that country. It is a lot like religion. It mostly just causes problems rather than helping things.
It's only a problem when people turn it into one just like with anything else.

Kind of like this reactionary post you just made.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:29 pm
Zasraniec wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:07 pm I never understood patriotism anyway. It is just liking a country just because you were born in that country. It is a lot like religion. It mostly just causes problems rather than helping things.

Ok so name me a positive of liking a country only because you were born there. I'll wait. Even if you do find one I don't think it will beat the bad it has done. Literal genocides were caused under that banner.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I'll try my best to give my limited perspective as I'm no theologist.

You have a critical misunderstanding of the draw of religion, to me religion is a way to understand life and find meaning. Its a set of moral, ethical, and spiritual tenants, religion isn't a set thing either. Comparing Daoism/Taoism, Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, Islam you'll find a great deal of similarities and differences but the core aspect in all of them is "How do you live, what is life?" they serve as potential answers depending on what you choose to believe.

And that is the core of our religious freedom, its that you are free to believe in whatever you want I could choose to worship a tree and it would be valid as long as it does not effect the freedom and life of someone else. You are correct in that religion has been used to commit murder and war but the same is equally true of the opposite some of the greatest acts and people were profoundly influenced by religion. Like all things religion can be corrupted and used for evil, but the blame for this lies squarely on those that did these acts and perverted them for whatever agenda. No different than how other things can be corrupted to serve the exact opposite of their purpose as on their own they are just books. Its what you do with them that matters

Likewise patriotism is just a pride in a country and what is important is pride isn't a bad thing. Pride only becomes a bad thing when it morphs into narcissism and a sense of superiority over others. One can be proud of their country while recognizing mistakes and desiring reform because pride isn't a set negative or positive, its a viewpoint and an emotion

In the end how you live your life is up to you, you can be an atheist, agnostic, religious, or whatever. I do highly recommend you should do more research on your own time its always good to learn more about a topic when you have a complete inability to understand it

Now that I got that out of my system. The best scifi show of the 90s got remastered a while back, Babylon 5. Fantastic show, great characters, story, background world, what it lacks in effects it entirely made up in ambition and some fantastic writing. Go in completely blind don't look it up just watch it on HBO Max.
https://www.engadget.com/babylon-5-rema ... 58907.html

Just watch it
Last edited by ROMG4 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

ROMG4 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:10 am
I'll try my best to give my limited perspective as I'm no theologist.

You have a critical misunderstanding of the draw of religion, to me religion is a way to understand life and find meaning. Its a set of moral, ethical, and spiritual tenants, religion isn't a set thing either. Comparing Daoism/Taoism, Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, Islam you'll find a great deal of similarities and differences but the core aspect in all of them is "How do you live, what is life?" they serve as potential answers depending on what you choose to believe.

And that is the core of our religious freedom, its that you are free to believe in whatever you want I could choose to worship a tree and it would be valid as long as it does not effect the freedom and life of someone else. You are correct in that religion has been used to commit murder and war but the same is equally true of the opposite some of the greatest acts and people were profoundly influenced by religion. Like all things religion can be corrupted and used for evil, but the blame for this lies squarely on those that did these acts and perverted them for whatever agenda. No different than how other things can be corrupted to serve the exact opposite of their purpose as on their own they are just books. Its what you do with them that matters

Likewise patriotism is just a pride in a country and what is important is pride isn't a bad thing. Pride only becomes a bad thing when it morphs into narcissism and a sense of superiority over others. One can be proud of their country while recognizing mistakes and desiring reform because pride isn't a set negative or positive, its a viewpoint and an emotion

In the end how you live your life is up to you, you can be an atheist, agnostic, religious, or whatever. I do highly recommend you should do more research on your own time its always good to learn more about a topic when you have a complete inability to understand it

Now that I got that out of my system. The best scifi show of the 90s got remastered a while back, Babylon 5. Fantastic show, great characters, story, background world, what it lacks in effects it entirely made up in ambition and some fantastic writing. Go in completely blind don't look it up just watch it on HBO Max.
Just watch it
Fair enough. Thanks for the response. :) Although you saying I have an inability to understand it is uncalled for. Just because I don't have the same view doesn't mean I can't understand something. I won't go any further because this isn't a religion/patriotism thread. I just had a question somewhat on topic.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Clearly this is a joke right? I mean this can't be real.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/22/sign-at-g ... -visitors/

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:54 pm Clearly this is a joke right? I mean this can't be real.

If it's not a joke, that's disgusting.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:09 pm
goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:54 pm Clearly this is a joke right? I mean this can't be real.

It's not a joke, it's because the majority of the people going there that would cause trouble are white. The wording could be worded better but the message they are trying to get out is that minorities were really hurt and they want Whites to listen and try to learn.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Zasraniec wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:19 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:29 pm

Ok so name me a positive of liking a country only because you were born there. I'll wait. Even if you do find one I don't think it will beat the bad it has done. Literal genocides were caused under that banner.
Oh boy...

The Holocaust was not caused because of purely German Nationalism. Anti-semitism was common in Europe at the time and the Nazis put it to an extreme because they wanted a scapegoat for their humiliation at the end of the First World War. Also you’re forgetting that Hitler was borderline mentally-ill and the Nazis were practically a cult surrounding Hitler and his beliefs. German Nationalism didn’t cause the genocides, racism did. Take Spanish Nationalists. They were very nationalistic, but no genocides there, same with the Italian Fascists before the German takeover in ‘43.

And the genocides done in Asia under Emperor Showa were born of the racism of higher against the Chinese, Filipinos, Anglo-Saxons, etc, not Japanese patriotism.

If that is what you were referring too, you are sorely mistaken. Patriotism does not suddenly cause someone to resort to mass genocide or ethnic cleansing.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Lemme guess, no riot threats on this one and he'll be let off.
Last edited by KManX89 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:56 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:09 pm

It's not a joke, it's because the majority of the people going there that would cause trouble are white. The wording could be worded better but the message they are trying to get out is that minorities were really hurt and they want Whites to listen and try to learn.
God forbid a space dedicated to acknowledging the trauma white communities have inflicted on Black communities should include any suggestions for white people on how to be sensitive to that trauma.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

https://twitter.com/ZubyMusic/status/13 ... 78279?s=20

Added in 4 minutes 54 seconds:
It's incredibly obtuse to not see the issues that come with what hard left progressives are doing to communities.

They're putting all these groups under umbrella terminologies.

Speaking FOR other communities that they themselves supposedly "don't belong in", due to privilege (if I'm understanding their usual stance arguments).

These communities aren't ASKING to be babysat, to be monitored, TO BE SEGREGATED.

But they're headed in that direction.

Notice it tends to be white women who speak up for other under represented groups, even though 90% of history involves them doing what "the big bad white man" did, except with some odd modern ability to denounce their responsibility for doing so.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

EDIT: Nevermind. This conversation isn't going to go anywhere productive.
Last edited by eabaker on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:32 am https://twitter.com/ZubyMusic/status/13 ... 78279?s=20

Added in 4 minutes 54 seconds:
It's incredibly obtuse to not see the issues that come with what hard left progressives are doing to communities.

They're putting all these groups under umbrella terminologies.

Speaking FOR other communities that they themselves supposedly "don't belong in", due to privilege (if I'm understanding their usual stance arguments).

These communities aren't ASKING to be babysat, to be monitored, TO BE SEGREGATED.

But they're headed in that direction.

Notice it tends to be white women who speak up for other under represented groups, even though 90% of history involves them doing what "the big bad white man" did, except with some odd modern ability to denounce their responsibility for doing so.
Well since Eabaker changed his mind about what ever he was going to say I'll add my two cents. If your take away from that sign is that its unfair to White people or the Left is this big bad progressive group instead of understanding what is this sign really trying to say that is part of the problem.

Yes It could have been worded better but their is an message there and it's saying White people that are currently the majority, the help is appreciated but this tragedy didn't effect you the way it effected the black community.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image