Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
ROMG4
G-Grasper

Re: Official News topic

Post by ROMG4 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:45 pm Break one finger at ANY point in your life and your career is shattered.

Same concept with the Achilles heel.

Watch an average Hockey game and than tell me that E-Sports and Physical Sports are one and the same. I'm not devaluing E-Sports at all, I've read plenty about the just stupid amounts of practice, time, and commitment, tedium and stress that teams go through in order to compete at the top end its a big taxing individual and team-based effort. But E-Sports /=/ Physical Sports and vice-versa they are two separate things that should exist in their own world and attempts to mash them together result in irreconcilable differences

Now enough with the Gamer Oppression talk jeez, y'all been at this for over a week now

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Taking a break from this riveting debate, have y'all heard about Elon Musk's SpaceLink satellite chain?
https://earthsky.org/space/spacex-starl ... explained/
I saw them over my house Saturday night, and figured it was a convoy of military planes heading towards a base or something. More space litter.
Edit: Starlink, I'm dumb lol
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Mon May 24, 2021 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:49 am Taking a break from this riveting debate, have y'all heard about Elon Musk's SpaceLink satellite chain?
I saw them over my house Saturday night, and figured it was a convoy of military planes heading towards a base or something. More space litter.
Out of context, you could literally tell me that was a massive UFO in the sky and i would probably believe you.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:49 am Taking a break from this riveting debate, have y'all heard about Elon Musk's SpaceLink satellite chain?
At this point I’m convinced UFOs exist, but they are ours. Really cool and spooky. There’s a lot I’m skeptical about with Mr. Musk, but I don’t deny there are a lot of recent advancements that his stuff has done that’s awesome. I do like the increased interest in space travel and other super wild things.

Despite that, we do need to make a plan to stop so much space litter.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon May 24, 2021 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:59 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:45 pm Break one finger at ANY point in your life and your career is shattered.

Same concept with the Achilles heel.
Arthritis or eye strains as well. It's why I say I can see both sides of the debate.
:roll:
This is the dumbest thing ever.... Arthritis and eye strains Jesus fucking Christ....breaking a finger and your career is shattered? See that's why E-Gamers are weak then, if they break one finger their career is over..... I've seen real athletes over come much much worse....

But yeah, I'm done talking about this.... *mutters stupidest conversation on this thread mutters more LOL Gamers being called "athletes".

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

I don't like Elon one bit. Real life Lex Luthor without the fun power suit (as far as we know) but, he's a better tech guy than Dorsey or The Zuck™ I suppose.
As far as UFOs, I've seen a couple egg shaped ones in broad daylight pulling off impossible maneuvers. Could be man-made, could be something else, all I know is they're definitely out there.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

There is a distinction between "UFO" and "Alien spacecraft". I think it's...pretty much undeniable that unidentified flying objects exist; think of all the aircraft that have to be tested by the US military?

Now, the claim that the flying object you cannot identify is alien is, you know. Something different.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

goji89 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:05 am :roll:
This is the dumbest thing ever.... Arthritis and eye strains Jesus skreeonking Christ....breaking a finger and your career is shattered?

"Oh god, oh no, their finger hurts, THEY ARE FINISHED!" :lol:
Edit: Starlink, I'm dumb lol
Oh now that is pretty awesome!
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon May 24, 2021 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

DUDE, I truly believe the government is sorta letting things out into the open to later reveal that yes, we are not alone in the universe.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:27 am DUDE, I truly believe the government is sorta letting things out into the open to later reveal that yes, we are not alone in the universe.
I know this has been something of a "conspiracy theory" for years, that the US Gov has been building to full disclosure, but frankly the past two years kinda has me leaning towards believing it. We get a new story like this one ↓ every week!
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/p ... cna1268222
It seems like UFO stuff is being divorced from "conspiracy theory" which has gained a more toxic implication since Qanon and the Capitol riots. (Sidebar, fuck Qanon for ruining my conspiracy fun!)

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

ROMG4 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:23 am
goji89 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:05 am :roll:
This is the dumbest thing ever.... Arthritis and eye strains Jesus skreeonking Christ....breaking a finger and your career is shattered?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJSndmOB_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kknVfOJZ1w0
"Oh god, oh no, their finger hurts, THEY ARE FINISHED!" :lol:
I've heard "wrasssslin' is fake" more times than I care to remember, let alone count (haven't we all?), and even THAT is more susceptible to debilitating injury. Many wrestler's lives were cut short (!) because of all the pain(killers) they've had to endure.

The Orton head injury was real BTW, not "fake"/scripted. "But oh noez! Muh finger gets broken!" Cry me a river.

There is no argument. You're comparing apples and oranges, plain and simple. My God, this has got to be the stupidest "debate" I've ever seen SMGDMFH.

Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Mon May 24, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So do you guys consider Chess a sport and though players athletes then?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:30 pm So do you guys consider Chess a sport and though players athletes then?
No, and no.

Edit: I think chess (the game) has many similar elements to what we'd traditionally consider sport and I guess you could argue it is one (I don't necessarily agree, however). But chess players are not athletes. E-sports players aren't athletes, either, although their sport requires much more physical finesse and dexterity than a chess player's does.
Last edited by Terasawa on Mon May 24, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

By definition, "sports" and "athletics" are both defined in part by requiring physical exertion. Technically, therefore, playing video games does not qualify as either.

This should not, however, been seen or employed as a value judgement.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://londonchessconference.com/a-question-of-sport/

I'll stop clogging the news thread after this but topics like this interest me. Personally I feel society is so use to the physical aspect of sports that it is hard to see people that rely on simple the mental aspect as athletes becasue we have praised the physical specimen that come out of competitive sport for so long. Shooting is also a sport that doesn't require much physicality to it I would argue.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hands go numb/stiff and sweat while playing intense video games all the time, wrists strain, that's definitely physical exertion. Similar to how so many people got arthritis and Carpal Tunnel from typewriters.

But yeah maybe the topic should move on
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon May 24, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:03 pm https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/23/politics ... index.html

https://fox59.com/news/politics/rep-mar ... i-germany/

Reminds me of what Gina Carano got fired for.
I don't understand people's problems with masks. I have bad asthma, I've been hospitalized for it 10+ times over the past decade, and I've never felt like the mask was fuckin' me up.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:36 pm Hands go numb/stiff and sweat while playing intense video games all the time, wrists strain, that's definitely physical exertion. Similar to how so many people got arthritis and Carpal Tunnel from typewriters.
And I experience signs of physical exertion when I mow my lawn. That doesn't make me an athlete. The point everyone here's trying to make is that traditional sports require a hell of a lot more physical activity than playing a video game.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Terasawa wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:28 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:36 pm Hands go numb/stiff and sweat while playing intense video games all the time, wrists strain, that's definitely physical exertion. Similar to how so many people got arthritis and Carpal Tunnel from typewriters.
And I experience signs of physical exertion when I mow my lawn. That doesn't make me an athlete. The point everyone here's trying to make is that traditional sports require a hell of a lot more physical activity than playing a video game.
Well I'll be damned.

We agree on this.