Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official News topic

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:North Korea confirms unicorns exist

http://newsfixnow.com/2012/12/07/ancien ... eologists/

Funniest news that I seen all day :lol:
TWILIGHT SPARKLE
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

DrunkenGamer wrote:Can't we all agree that PETA is just a bunch of nutjob hypocrites that love animals a bit too much?
They dont love animals, They just love starting shit while feeling superior to others.

Angry hate filled people will always look for an outlet to help justify the horrible things they do. May it be from PETA, religion, politics or whatever.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

wataru wrote:http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/11/storage-w ... d=webmail2

Dave Hester is suing Storage Wars because he blew the whistle on them staging the lockers and planting merch. He has also been terminated from the show.

Doesnt shock me. Look at Storage Wars Texas. They get bunk-ass cheap dirty nasty shit. But over in CA theyre pulling out shit worth $2-$10k all the damn time.
Hester's the one who goes "yeeeep" right?

Glad his ass is gone, he annoyed the piss out of me.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

North Korea's missile launch a...success?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/12/world/asi ... ?hpt=hp_c2
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Well Toho Kingdom..........looks like an asteroid might be headed our way. :|

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/huge-asteroid-pas ... 14589.html

By Mike Wall | SPACE.com – 16 hrs ago

A giant asteroid will make a flyby of Earth over the next few days, and armchair astronomers can watch the action live on their computers.
The near-Earth asteroid 4179 Toutatis, which is about 3 miles (5 kilometers) wide, will zoom within 4.3 million miles (7 million kilometers) of Earth during its closest approach early Wednesday morning (Dec. 12). That's too far away to pose any impact threat on this pass, but close enough to put on a pretty good show through top-notch telescopes, researchers say.
And some of those scopes will be tracking Toutatis' movements for the benefit of skywatchers around the world. The online Slooh Space Camera and Virtual Telescope Project, for example, will both stream live, free footage of the asteroid from professional-quality observatories.
Slooh will webcast Toutatis views from a scope in the Canary Islands off the west coast of Africa beginning at 3 p.m. EST (2000 GMT) today (Dec. 11). Another show will follow at 10 p.m. EST tonight (0300 GMT Wednesday), with footage from an instrument in Arizona. Both shows will feature commentary from Slooh president Patrick Paolucci and Astronomy Magazine columnist Bob Berman. [Photos: Asteroids in Deep Space]
"Slooh technical staff will let the public follow this fast-moving asteroid in two different ways. In one view, the background stars will be tracked at their own rate and the asteroid will appear as an obvious streak or a moving time-lapse dot across the starry field," Berman said in a statement.
"In a second view, Toutatis itself will be tracked and held steady as a tiny pointlike object, while Earth's spin makes the background stars whiz by as streaks," Berman added. "Both methods will make the asteroid's speedy orbital motion obvious as it passes us in space."
Meanwhile, the Virtual Telescope Project — which is run by Gianluca Masi of Bellatrix Astronomical Observatory in Italy — will offer its own free webcast Thursday (Dec. 13) at 3 p.m. EST (2000 GMT), complete with commentary from astrophysicists.
Asteroid Toutatis was first viewed in 1934, then officially discovered in 1989. It makes one trip around the sun every four years.
The Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Mass., lists Toutatis as a potentially hazardous object, meaning that it could pose a threat to our planet at some point in the future. The current flyby is no cause for concern, however. At its closest approach, which comes at 1:40 a.m. (0640 GMT) Wednesday, Toutatis will still be 18 times farther away from Earth than the moon is.
Toutatis would cause catastrophic damage if it ever did slam into Earth. In general, scientists think a strike by anything at least 0.6 miles (1 km) wide could have global consequences, most likely by altering the world's climate for many years to come.
For comparison, the asteroid thought to have wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago was an estimated 6 miles (10 km) across.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Dammit, asteroid! You're 8 days too early! GTFO.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Yeah, major asteroid impacts are rare. We wouldn't be here, otherwise. This one missed us by 4.3 million miles, according to Sydney's article a few posts up.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

A pair of heartless little shits shot up an elementary school

http://abcnews.go.com/US/27-people-dead ... MtwBm88qSo
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Handsome Jack
G-Force Personnel

Post by Handsome Jack »

Actually the man they know was in it killed himself and they are questioning another. They have thoughts that the other one was involved.
What’s that saying? Don’t pick a fight with a man with nothing left to lose? I’m going to show you just how much you have left to lose.

Where the hell is -- I had a violin somewhere, I was gonna play it all sarcastically --goddammit, I saw it like a day ago. Blake! Violin!

You are a bandit AND I AM THE GODDAMN HERO!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

My story and views on this: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 50#p451109

National news happened 15 minutes from my house. It's disgusting to think about. Makes me sick to know I saw these kids a couple weeks ago.

Rot in hell, Adam Lanza (the shooter).
Last edited by Mr. X on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Handsome Jack
G-Force Personnel

Post by Handsome Jack »

Mr. X wrote:My story and views on this: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 50#p451109

National news happened 15 minutes from my house. It's disgusting to think about. Makes me sick to know I saw these kids a couple weeks ago.

Rot in hell, Ryan Lanza (the shooter).
The only thing that bothers me besides the fact that this sick fuck killed kids is that there could be another person involved who got away and I have a bad feeling that there was another.
What’s that saying? Don’t pick a fight with a man with nothing left to lose? I’m going to show you just how much you have left to lose.

Where the hell is -- I had a violin somewhere, I was gonna play it all sarcastically --goddammit, I saw it like a day ago. Blake! Violin!

Handsome Jack
G-Force Personnel

Post by Handsome Jack »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:I only caught a second of the news, but I thought I might've heard that they were close to grabbing the other guy.
What a relief. How much longer until thee other guy struck again?

Handsome Jack
G-Force Personnel

Post by Handsome Jack »

One man had the same name as the shooter and got hit with hate mail even though he was a simple guy who had no connections with the shooting. The man is dead people. When someone replies to your message and he is supposed to be dead... are you stupid?

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Chris55 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:My story and views on this: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 50#p451109

Rot in hell, Adam Lanza (the shooter).

I checked on his name. There are, so far, 4 anti Adam Lanza FB pages already.
I despise the guy, but damn.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Obama demands concrete proposals on gun violence by January

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 ... by-january

I don't how I feel about this? I think if you could magically make every gun in the world disappear there would still be murder. People will go around killing people knifes and chainsaws instead of guns. Not to mention that Homemade bombs get made all the time.
Gun sales are gonna go through the roof in the next few weeks.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

ScootaVaran wrote:Gun sales are gonna go through the roof in the next few weeks.
They already have.
bleep bloop

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Legionmaster wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote:Gun sales are gonna go through the roof in the next few weeks.
They already have.
Probably why It's been hard for me to find 7.62X54r rounds. normally it's all over the place but I havent been able to find any these past few weeks.

*edit*
i just got back from the local gunshop and noticed that all the AR style and AK guns were completely sold out.
I'm not really into those type of guns but damn people act fast!
Beginning to think that I better go get that Lee Enfield before it disappears too.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Obama demands concrete proposals on gun violence by January

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 ... by-january

I don't how I feel about this? I think if you could magically make every gun in the world disappear there would still be murder. People will go around killing people knifes and chainsaws instead of guns. Not to mention that Homemade bombs get made all the time.
Creating gun laws isn't going to stop anything. People will still kill people. Murder is not something that will go away if we close our eyes, as much as I wish it would. The world doesn't work that way.

I'd rather like to have a gun in the case that my house ever got broken into, but it looks like I'll have to resort to my expertise in Kay-rat-tee.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Strict gun laws saved those eighty-four people that lunatic gunned down over in Norway. Then he was tried and convicted, and sentenced to a whopping 24 years. Also when we had the Assualt Weapons Ban, didn't seem to stop Columbine. Also other than the Arizona Tuscon shooting last, the majority of the shootings were all commited at locations that were "gun free zones". Where all the victims would be unable to defend themselves much to the enjoyment of the shooter. hook The Anti-Gun lobby were not surprisingly out this week before the paramedics declared the Sandyhook victims dead. And advocated of gun control aren't letting the facts about the failures of gun control get in their way as Piers Morgan is demonstrating.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-are ... -director/

And I'm not to wild about the guy the President is putting in charge of the commission in charge of investigation the incident.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

It's funny because less than 10% of firearms used in crimes were purchased legally.
He/him/his