Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Finalwar22
Monarch Researcher

Re: Official News topic

Post by Finalwar22 »

Making it illegal to work on your own car? Hmm... What the f**k? I am so glad no one in my family owns high tech car.
Oh boy, now Godzilla is an anime and Ultraman has become Kamen Rider. What next?

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

While I hate a disaster like this occurred, I do find pleasure in seeing the immediate response of most countries. Hopefully those teams can stabilize the situation before things get far worse.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Riots erupt in Baltimore, injuring seven police officers.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... tml#page=1

Pretty sure the National Guard even has some of their helicopters up in the air by now.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

2004Zilla wrote:Riots erupt in Baltimore, injuring seven police officers.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... tml#page=1

Pretty sure the National Guard even has some of their helicopters up in the air by now.
this is ridiculous. you do not honor a man by lashing out. violence begets violence.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Can't have too much sympathy for the police with the amount of murdering they've done lately. And I can't see I'm surprised to see it escalate. I pray for the safety of everyone involved, all the same.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Vatarian wrote:Can't have too much sympathy for the police with the amount of murdering they've done lately. And I can't see I'm surprised to see it escalate. I pray for the safety of everyone involved, all the same.
you talk about the police as if they're all represented by individual people who have done extreme wrongs.

the situation is foolish at best. the response to this will be a crackdown, and it won't end well for anybody. i would like to see a figure reminiscent of MLK rise up out of this as opposed to ordinary gangsters pledging to kill as many cops as possible. that's asinine.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

The primal side that we humans all have inside of us, just loves to rear its ugly head; Baltimore unfortunately had to take the brunt of it from people using the tragic death of a man, as a catalyst to create a real-life purge almost. This goes deeper than simply rioting over the death of Freddie Gray, and is turning more into more along the lines of terrorism lite, than mere protesting. The police are in full bloody combat gear to deal with this situation for god sakes, and people are still clumping every single cop into the "dirty" category; which just shouldn't be.

There are so many great police officers out there who have committed outstanding acts, but are unfortunately sweeped under the rub because the media simply doesn't like to show actual happy and good stories; they don't get people's attention the same way that a horrific event/tragedy does. Baltimore needs a leader to help lift the burning community from the ashes, and I pray that this happens for the city VERY soon.

#BotM

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

three wrote:
Vatarian wrote:Can't have too much sympathy for the police with the amount of murdering they've done lately. And I can't see I'm surprised to see it escalate. I pray for the safety of everyone involved, all the same.
you talk about the police as if they're all represented by individual people who have done extreme wrongs.

the situation is foolish at best. the response to this will be a crackdown, and it won't end well for anybody. i would like to see a figure reminiscent of MLK rise up out of this as opposed to ordinary gangsters pledging to kill as many cops as possible. that's asinine.

What? This is a protest by high-school and college age kids. Working-class families. The vast majority are not gangsters or thugs. And to be honest? If a MLK-alike DID rise up, I think you'd probably call him a thug too. Protests and riots only seem to be acceptable if they're in the history-books......... At the time they happen, it's always a bunch of "gangsters" or "thugs" "burning and looting".

Cops have not been killed in this riot. The worst damage has been busted windows and a few torched storefronts. I'm not denying there aren't violent individuals amongst the rioters, or that they haven't instigated or caused problems, but the cops have responded horribly to this, just as they have to a lot of incidents in this year and the past few that have involved young black people. Hmm. They severed a man's spine. Then let him go into a coma and die. They're beating people and throwing tear-gas and attacking teenagers and hurling rubble and rocks and instigating things themselves.

And all this AFTER all the other people who've been shot and killed, or, if they were lucky, just severely beaten.

I'm not at all surprised this has devolved into protests and riots. People have been systematically murdured, and it's pretty undeniably about race.

And I agree that not all cops are bad. I did not say they were. However, the incidents in question show that a number of them ARE violent, and in some cases, murderous. Would you want to ride the rides in a theme-park if you knew that two of the twelve would break apart and throw you to your death, but the rest were fine?

No.

Even if it's a small majority of cops who are a problem, that's still a big problem. These people are pledged to protect and serve. The fact that ANY of them, let alone this many, are killing and assaulting unjustifiably? That strikes me as pretty scary.

People are rioting because of injustice. Riots are not pretty, or good, or pleasant. But they are not the problem. They are a SYMPTOM of a problem that to this day persists in America, and the symptoms will persist until the problem is addressed.
Last edited by Vatarian on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

The reasons for rioting are pretty understandable. That doesn't make rioting right, but it's also ridiculous to condemn riots if you are not also condemning the egregious injustices that have led to a situation in which people feel they have no alternative to be heard. MLK said as much, but people like to forget that.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

three
Keizer

Post by three »

my point is, there's alot of random violence and looting going on, and it's not productive. all it does is feed that misconception that the people who are upset are "thugs" and "lowlifes" even though we know FOR A FACT that it isn't true. you're going to have a really hard time justifying attacking cops, cutting fire hoses, and robbing stores as the result of pent up frustration. perhaps the only one of those three you can justify is hatred toward the police, but even that is taking things to an extreme that only continues a cycle of violence.

until people wake up and realize that, it's going to continue, and the crackdown will be harder.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

three wrote:my point is, there's alot of random violence and looting going on, and it's not productive. all it does is feed that misconception that the people who are upset are "thugs" and "lowlifes" even though we know FOR A FACT that it isn't true. you're going to have a really hard time justifying attacking cops, cutting fire hoses, and robbing stores as the result of pent up frustration. perhaps the only one of those three you can justify is hatred toward the police, but even that is taking things to an extreme that only continues a cycle of violence.

until people wake up and realize that, it's going to continue, and the crackdown will be harder.

Well, I'm not going to make any effort to deny that aren't douchenozzles AMONGST the rioters...... You're going to find douches pretty much anywhere, and riots are sure as hell not gonna be an exception. I'm also going to drop in the fact that some of the people involved in the looting are not participants in the actual political protests.... They're just scavengers using the excitement and havoc as a cover to steal shit.

I dunno what to say to you about the second part; you might not be too rational if it was your kid, or your cousin, or your high school BFF, or your dad who got shot. The COPS need to understand that as long as they allow the virus of injustic and brutality to persist amongst their ranks, they're going to have disgruntled and downright outraged people responding in any number of ways. Look back at many of the civil-rights era riots from the sixties; they were not always passive, and many of those that were still involved violence because of a few people, who, just like the cops, take things way out of hand. But they were still JUSTIFIED. Law enforcement, as I said, has a duty to safeguard their people as best they can, and they are not fufilling it.

There's more I'd like to say, but I'm off for the evening.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Vatarian wrote:Well, I'm not going to make any effort to deny that aren't douchenozzles AMONGST the rioters...... You're going to find douches pretty much anywhere, and riots are sure as hell not gonna be an exception. I'm also going to drop in the fact that some of the people involved in the looting are not participants in the actual political protests.... They're just scavengers using the excitement and havoc as a cover to steal shit.
alot of them seem to be doing this. i don't expect anyone to explain to me their reason for feeling how they do about this situation. obviously something is very wrong, and people are pissed off.
if it were someone i know, yea, i'd be protesting it. no doubt. you're dead on about that.

but what i would not do is go out and throw rocks at cops. at the very least, my kids wouldn't be doing it, because what is that doing for the next generation? i also wouldn't be looting stores and burning things to the ground. i would not be causing baseball games to shut down because people are afraid. none of that is justified right now. none. rioting isn't going to accomplish anything, except drawing the wrong kind of national attention: the national guard.

the divide right now between black and white is pretty clear. what's happening in baltimore hurts the case rather than helps it. no excuse. and goodnight on that note.

EDIT: please read: http://news.yahoo.com/viral-photo-sends ... 44863.html

we need more of that kid, and people like the woman mentioned at the end, and the preachers who are asking for a united front to protect the city.
Last edited by three on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

three wrote:you're going to have a really hard time justifying attacking cops, cutting fire hoses, and robbing stores as the result of pent up frustration.
Who's justifying it? I flat out said it wasn't right but that we would be remiss to criticize the rioters without also criticizing the economic and police violence that created the conditions for riots to emerge.

As for helping or hurting the cause, that remains to be seen. Riots have been effective in some cases in the past. Clearly something about the current system is unsustainable, and riots force us to see that. As MLK said,
MLK wrote:There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society with a large segment of people in that society who feel that they have no stake in it; who feel that that have nothing to lose. People who have stake in their society, protect that society, but when they don't have it, they unconsciously want to destroy it.
The people rioting in Baltimore feel like the system isn't for them, does not benefit them, and will not only fail to protect them but will outright persecute them. And yes, I still feel rioting is not just, but the bigger injustice remains even when the riot settles.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

miguelnuva wrote:This is sickening.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... bwaexpcopy
Yeesh. And I thought the time I got in trouble for carrying a stick was bad...

three
Keizer

Post by three »

miguelnuva wrote:This is sickening.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... bwaexpcopy
for god's sake. this is ridiculous.

read about a guy being tazed at a national park yesterday for flying a drone, too. apparently, he couldn't hear the park ranger who was trying to identify himself, so the guy started to leave, and was tazed near a cliff. you know, because locking up and seizing near a cliff is no big deal.

cops all over need to be trained better.

FalconZ
Monarch Researcher

Post by FalconZ »

So, how about that Baltimore thingy?
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
FalconZ wrote:People putting words in my mouth.
Be thankful words are the only things being put in your mouth

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/38792 ... hool-water
Bit of a riot occurred at the school I go to. I myself don't fully know what exactly happened, but I can tell that it must've been serious.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Anyone watching the fight tomorrow?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image