Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Official News topic

Post by BlankAccount »

Welp, I'll grab the celery pictures.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Trump's National Security Advisor John Bolton is now out of the White House.

Wow, he'll be the 455th person to leave the Trump administration. You know, everytime someone "leaves" the White House, a group of Oompa Loompas should appear and sing about the dangers of greed, war-mongering, and stupidity.

In other news, the price of oil per barrel has dropped since he spun the revolving door.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Trump's National Security Advisor John Bolton is now out of the White House.

Wow, he'll be the 455th person to leave the Trump administration. You know, everytime someone "leaves" the White House, a group of Oompa Loompas should appear and sing about the dangers of greed, war-mongering, and stupidity.

In other news, the price of oil per barrel has dropped since he spun the revolving door.
Is anyone from his original staff still present?

I'm glad though. Dude had a horrible mustache.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Poor thing. I hope that it was swift.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

mikelcho wrote:
Poor thing. I hope that it was swift.
I thought it was funny... :lol:

As we have actually eaten at Whataburger, my wife did NOT... X_X

( still funny )

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I thought it was funny too, I think I made a joke about it but the mods deleted it lol
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Houthi drone attack on major Aramco refinery cuts Saudi oil production in half

Hamza Bin Laden, widely seen as potential successor to father Osama in al-Qaeda, confirmed to have been killed by US forces last month

Levels of highly potent greenhouse gas sulphur hexafluoride have been rising as an unintended consequence of the expansion of "green energy"
Gawdziller1954 wrote:what the fuck have you brought upon this cursed land
Humorously enough the night I posted that I ran into the first (to my knowledge) Godzilla x Madison fic
Luckily it's not anywhere near that Loch Ness mess but even so
Last edited by G2000 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

There's a fanfic where Millie Bobby Brown fucks a Godzilla?!

That's messed up.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Luckily no, at least not yet, though I'm not hopeful for the future

Added in 4 hours 50 minutes 9 seconds:
US and Saudi officials now investigating possibility that today's attack may have been conducted by cruise missiles launched by Iran or Iranian proxies in Iraq rather than Houthi drones, as US Secretary of State Pompeo directly blames Iran

While I don't want to sound alarmist, part of me expects this to turn into a full-blown Saudi-Iranian confrontation
Last edited by G2000 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

So, who gives a rip about CO2 when sulphur hexafluoride is 23,500 times more globally warming? Carbon footprints, my azz... :roll:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MandaSaurus wrote:So, who gives a rip about CO2 when sulphur hexafluoride is 23,500 times more globally warming? Carbon footprints, my azz... :roll:
It's sad to say but more pollution comes from corporations than the general masses, and while I think most average joes and janes actually give a damn about the environment, a lot (not all) but a lot of corporations don't care about the environment and reducing the toxins they unleash.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

MandaSaurus wrote:So, who gives a rip about CO2 when sulphur hexafluoride is 23,500 times more globally warming? Carbon footprints, my azz... :roll:
Because the proportion of SF6 in the atmosphere vs CO2 is so ridiculously low that it offsets any increased warming capabilities. As illustrated in this study by the American Geophysical Union: "We estimated the future concentration of SF6 at 2010 to be 8 and 10 pptv based on two projected emission scenarios. The corresponding equilibrium warming of 0.0035°C and 0.0043°C is to be compared with the estimated warming due to CO2 increase of about 0.8°C in the same period."

In other words, the combined CO2 effects are projected to be at least ~186 times greater than that of SF6.
He/him/his

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
Because the proportion of SF6 in the atmosphere vs CO2 is so ridiculously low that it offsets any increased warming capabilities. As illustrated in this study by the American Geophysical Union: "We estimated the future concentration of SF6 at 2010 to be 8 and 10 pptv based on two projected emission scenarios. The corresponding equilibrium warming of 0.0035°C and 0.0043°C is to be compared with the estimated warming due to CO2 increase of about 0.8°C in the same period."

In other words, the combined CO2 effects are projected to be at least ~186 times greater than that of SF6.
On top of that, it appears the release of this chemical, is accidental/leakage, as opposed to things regularly outputting it. Additionally, while the practical use of this is to prevent electrical fires, I wonder if moving forward there is something we can use to replace it.

I really hate this weird defeatist logic (that big gas companies love) where any sort of negative aspect of clean energy is overblown, and that it’s some sort of secret. I really hate also this defeatist attitude with,”I guess we are all fucked anyways”.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Because buying oil from the Saudi's and having them funnel money to various terrorist foundations is better? Fracnking and oil drilling in recent years have made us far more energy independent from having such an unreabile ally. This would only help towards that.

Besides, China is FAR more resposible for all the eco-damage done nowadays.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

It’s time the government starts seriously exploring clean energy solutions instead of Middle Eastern oil, offshore drilling, and fracking.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Terasawa wrote:It’s time the government starts seriously exploring clean energy solutions instead of Middle Eastern oil, offshore drilling, and fracking.

Not saying I'm against that, but clean energy is still FAR away. Remember Solindra and how that went of out business despite being subsidized? Like it or not, oil will still be the fuel source for the next 40-50 years or so.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Maybe it is far away but that doesn’t invalidate my point that this country needs to start that process today. I neither expect nor ask for immediate abandonment of fossil fuels, but the longer the government delays, the more damage we do to the planet.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.