Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
ROMG4
G-Grasper

Re: Official News topic

Post by ROMG4 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:35 am This shenanigans just makes me wonder why we have institutional investors and stock markets anyway. The whole thing seems fundamentally broken.
The stock market is an ecosystem and just like any natural ecosystem it requires balance and maintenance. The stock market is the way it is now is because of DECADES of crony capitalism, a disgusting lack of integrity, lobbyists, and manipulation. Its not really the market at all, its the people within it that have been doing it and you need no further proof then to just look around and see. Hedge funds have done this stuff like this and more countless times you never get a peep from any big news agency. But if the average peon peasants form up a group and actually oppose these hedge funds as the market is designed for well, that's not right. Look how quickly Robinhood, Discord, and other places have shut this down how much noise is being drummed up. Because these guys actually got wounded and they are calling in all their pressure and favors to not only punish those that did it to them but to try to stop it from happening again

Which Is I why believe they've overplayed their hand. They struck back too loudly and too harshly they've revealed just how corrupt and mismanaged they really are and how little integrity so many of these big tech company and people have as well

Because Its the not the systems its the people and these people need to be hammered for their abuse

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I need to buy Gamestop stock. Shiiit maybe they'll pay me an extra 5 cents for my old video games now rounding it up to $2. 55

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Last edited by KManX89 on Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

https://twitter.com/Persian_spiders/sta ... 23078?s=20

Kumonga makes his long awaited comeback since 2004.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:22 am https://twitter.com/Persian_spiders/sta ... 23078?s=20

I love it when we get species named after kaiju lol

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:04 am
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:22 am https://twitter.com/Persian_spiders/sta ... 23078?s=20

Not only that but we've very rarely seen spiders that can literally spit web before. I don't even know if the creators of Kumonga knew spiders could do it at the time, so it's really cool to see a newly discovered genus.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:47 am

Not only that but we've very rarely seen spiders that can literally spit web before. I don't even know if the creators of Kumonga knew spiders could do it at the time, so it's really cool to see a newly discovered genus.
It even looks like Kumonga! Same color scheme!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:00 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:47 am

It even looks like Kumonga! Same color scheme!
And the same gigantic bulbous head with the 2 big somewhat front-facing eyes Kumonga has! Another thing I never thought a spider would realistically have.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I hate Spiders but that is awesome!

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

My gosh.

Usually when things get named after pop culture creatures the resemblances are stretches at best and half the time it's just given the name for the heck of it, but this is one of the best applications I've ever seen. A spitting spider with wide yellow and brown bands on the legs? Absolutely freaking perfect.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It’s sad that you’ll see a lot of news reports discuss the mass extinction of animals that are vital to nature as “mysterious”. Like,”thousands of bees dead” or mass deaths of fish/birds. It’s caused by environmental damage, and it’ll just get worse and worse. This is the type of problem that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Bees are cool. I regret being afraid of them when I was younger. Wasps are still garbage.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Deep freeze sends Texas electricity prices soaring 10,000%
Texas made a conscious decision to isolate its energy grid from the rest of the country. That means that when things are running smoothly, it can't export excess power to neighboring states. And in the current crisis, it can't import power either.
So glad the free market is working as intended. Guess Texas did secede in a way.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:36 am Wasps are still garbage.
Wasps are little shits, I have been stung by them when I was younger. I am allergic so if I get stung by multiple at the same time I will probably have to go to emergency.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Eleven year old froze to death in Texas.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/wea ... fc5c725b61

As per usual, fuck the GOP.
Last edited by Spuro on Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Natural Gas CFO describes the past week as "hitting the jackpot" after drastically increasing prices per KWh during the winter storm.
"Obviously, this week is like hitting the jackpot," President and Chief Financial Officer Roland Burns said Wednesday during a call with investors. “Frankly, we were able to sell at super premium prices for a material amount of production.”
AOC (who recently raised $4 million to help Texans) naturally slams him for being a festering shitheel.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

GOP-led North Dakota House passes bill banning mandatory facemasks

Fucking morons, I almost have no words for this. This is just a whole other level of stupid.

I guess it's on Biden to pass a federal mask mandate to save these morons from themselves. Or don't and let them kill themselves through their own stupidity.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

KManX89 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:30 pm GOP-led North Dakota House passes bill banning mandatory facemasks

skreeonking morons, I almost have no words for this. This is just a whole other level of stupid.

I guess it's on Biden to pass a federal mask mandate to save these morons from themselves. Or don't and let them kill themselves through their own stupidity.
They'll kill innocents through their own stupidity. And then they'll proceed to get off scott free. God bless America.

Seriously, though, I'm hard pressed to think of a more stupid country than the States. China and Russia may be evil, but at least they're intelligently evil. Meanwhile Americans have the average mental capacity of a demented gopher.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Cinefex is coming to an end...
CINEFEX (1980-2021)

A year ago this month, Cinefex celebrated its 40th anniversary.

Historically, it was a publishing landmark few magazines achieve, and we were immensely proud of our accomplishment and grateful to those whose support and dedication helped us to achieve it.

Then the world upended.

Within weeks, the coronavirus pandemic swept across the planet, deadly and implacable; and to this date, its inexorable march through countries, communities and families remains largely unchecked.

The human toll has been devastating, but so, too, the toll upon businesses, countless numbers of which shut down due to economic necessity or government mandate.

More than 100,000 of those businesses, in the U.S. alone, will never reopen.

We are deeply sad to announce that Cinefex will be among them.

The pandemic deprived us of subject matter, retail outlets, and, most critically, advertisers, many of whom, like us, struggled to remain afloat in a climate of intense turmoil and uncertainty.

We did our best to weather the storm, but ultimately the storm prevailed.

We have just shipped the final issue of a magazine that has documented and celebrated one of the most vibrant and exciting art forms in entertainment history. It has been our great honor and privilege to do so.We bid you a fond farewell.

Gregg Shay
Publisher
The final issue -
https://cinefex.com/

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 pm
KManX89 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:30 pm GOP-led North Dakota House passes bill banning mandatory facemasks

skreeonking morons, I almost have no words for this. This is just a whole other level of stupid.

They'll kill innocents through their own stupidity. And then they'll proceed to get off scott free. God bless America.

Seriously, though, I'm hard pressed to think of a more stupid country than the States. China and Russia may be evil, but at least they're intelligently evil. Meanwhile Americans have the average mental capacity of a demented gopher.
Here is an actual quote from the bill's sponsor:
Bill sponsor GOP Rep. Jeff Hoverson and others argued there was no proof that masks work to slow the spread of the coronavirus and they questioned the government’s role in mandating them.
This after a mask mandate recently brought ND down from being the #1 Covid hotspot in the WORLD. X_X

Can't fix stupid.