Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: Official News topic

Postby Showa Gyaos » Wed May 18, 2011 2:33 pm

I wonder if this will be as popular now.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: Official News topic

Postby Showa Gyaos » Wed May 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Will the ones that have been made before this topic's establishment be kept open?
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: Official News topic

Postby Showa Gyaos » Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Because Stuckey never responded to my request to post this in the Video Gaming subforum, I'll post it here:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news ... felony.ars

Unauthorized Internet tournament streaming could soon become a criminal offense.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
3000
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3544
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Official News topic

Postby 3000 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:38 pm

alienhulk2099 wrote:Would massive disasters, declarations/ends of war, or the termination of one of the most wanted people on Earth qualify for their own topic?

No, of course not. Those aren't major news stories.

Major ones should be the birth of puppies under an interstate bridge, the death of the world's oldest chicken, or a competition to see who can blow the biggest loads going horribly wrong.
Member of TK Since 2006

User avatar
Malchik
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Official News topic

Postby Malchik » Mon May 23, 2011 11:04 pm

Most news stories brought up on this forum can run ten pages, why confine them to an area where multiple topics can arise that have nothing to do with the subject people are trying to reply to.

I agree some news stories posted are border-lined retarded, but still, this is a cluttered way of doing it. We just need some common sense choosing a topic to discuss.

EDIT: Whatever happened to that AIDS topic?

User avatar
THE GODZILLA
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Official News topic

Postby THE GODZILLA » Wed May 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Tyler wrote:Well I think it was better before we had to do that. But whatever.


Why?

User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: Official News topic

Postby Showa Gyaos » Wed May 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Well guys, I guess it's time to say goodbye to some dinosaurs:

http://news.discovery.com/dinosaurs/din ... gn=rssnws1
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
Darth Calypso
Futurian
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:57 am

Re: Official News topic

Postby Darth Calypso » Thu May 26, 2011 9:54 am

A revealing picture of Moe and Larry while on set in the upcoming Three Stooges movie: http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1400- ... set-photos

Edit: Also there's another leak in the Fukushima nuclear plant: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110526/wl_ ... an_nuclear
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

User avatar
Hedorah
Kwaidan
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 pm
Location: Somewhere ruining the Godzilla name

Re: Official News topic

Postby Hedorah » Thu May 26, 2011 11:49 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/ ... 496.shtmlx

A huge explosion was detected 13 BILLION light years away. It was a disintegrating star. The fact that we can identify stuff like this is amazing.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!


Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."

I wrote:skreeonk the Dave the isn't footings happen

User avatar
W2daERN
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Official News topic

Postby W2daERN » Thu May 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Hedorah wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/26/tech/main20066496.shtmlx

A huge explosion was detected 13 BILLION light years away. It was a disintegrating star. The fact that we can identify stuff like this is amazing.


a little late though... That means it happened about 13 billion years ago.
My Fan Films:
Godzilla Awakening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_GhDjsPvjY
Godzilla and Anguirus at the beach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDiCIKCRxNk
Godzilla Alliance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onZBf8jGfKo

User avatar
Hedorah
Kwaidan
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 pm
Location: Somewhere ruining the Godzilla name

Re: Official News topic

Postby Hedorah » Thu May 26, 2011 12:48 pm

W2daERN wrote:
Hedorah wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/26/tech/main20066496.shtmlx

A huge explosion was detected 13 BILLION light years away. It was a disintegrating star. The fact that we can identify stuff like this is amazing.


a little late though... That means it happened about 13 billion years ago.


13 billion light years, so even longer :shock:
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!


Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."

I wrote:skreeonk the Dave the isn't footings happen

User avatar
W2daERN
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Official News topic

Postby W2daERN » Thu May 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Hedorah wrote:
W2daERN wrote:
Hedorah wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/26/tech/main20066496.shtmlx

A huge explosion was detected 13 BILLION light years away. It was a disintegrating star. The fact that we can identify stuff like this is amazing.


a little late though... That means it happened about 13 billion years ago.


13 billion light years, so even longer :shock:


A light year is a unit of distance, the distance light travels in a year. The star disintegrated 13 billion years ago, and it took 13 billion years for the light to reach us.
My Fan Films:
Godzilla Awakening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_GhDjsPvjY
Godzilla and Anguirus at the beach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDiCIKCRxNk
Godzilla Alliance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onZBf8jGfKo

User avatar
Hedorah
Kwaidan
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 pm
Location: Somewhere ruining the Godzilla name

Re: Official News topic

Postby Hedorah » Thu May 26, 2011 2:09 pm

W2daERN wrote:
A light year is a unit of distance, the distance light travels in a year. The star disintegrated 13 billion years ago, and it took 13 billion years for the light to reach us.


skreeonk I knew I'd mess it up, I always thought a light year was like 9.45x10^15 years, but I also knew it was miles, just plain idiocy on my part
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!


Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."

I wrote:skreeonk the Dave the isn't footings happen

User avatar
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan
Posts: 5824
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 am
Location: AWACS Long Caster
Contact:

Re: Official News topic

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Hedorah wrote:
W2daERN wrote:
A light year is a unit of distance, the distance light travels in a year. The star disintegrated 13 billion years ago, and it took 13 billion years for the light to reach us.


skreeonk I knew I'd mess it up, I always thought a light year was like 9.45x10^15 years, but I also knew it was miles, just plain idiocy on my part

Wrong again.

Firstly, it's in kilometers, not miles.

Secondly, it's 9.45 multiplied with 10^12, not 10^15.

Just for future reference ;)
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.


#Pro-Choice

User avatar
Hedorah
Kwaidan
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 pm
Location: Somewhere ruining the Godzilla name

Re: Official News topic

Postby Hedorah » Thu May 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
Hedorah wrote:
W2daERN wrote:
A light year is a unit of distance, the distance light travels in a year. The star disintegrated 13 billion years ago, and it took 13 billion years for the light to reach us.


skreeonk I knew I'd mess it up, I always thought a light year was like 9.45x10^15 years, but I also knew it was miles, just plain idiocy on my part

Wrong again.

Firstly, it's in kilometers, not miles.

Secondly, it's 9.45 multiplied with 10^12, not 10^15.

Just for future reference ;)


Lol thanks!
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!


Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."

I wrote:skreeonk the Dave the isn't footings happen

User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: Official News topic

Postby Showa Gyaos » Thu May 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Israeli scientists now claim that the Jews are a "superior race."

http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=1743

Adolf Hitler would poop his pants.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
Kubo
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Terok Nor
Contact:

Re: Official News topic

Postby Kubo » Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Where would we be without SG2010 helping us out with the relative distance of a single light year?

The whole light year thing is quite interesting. I've always wondered if there's some way to break the speed of light...I mean, what the hell would happen!?

*3,000 posts as of now*
Your friendly neighborhood tailor (definitely not a spy)
___________________________________________
Mystery Fiction Readers 3000: The Return
Next Episode Airs August 4th @ 10:00 pm EST in the Fan Fiction Forum
NEW EPISODE OUT NOW!
New Episode Every Saturday!
Thread

Twitter: @Dead_Ed_Lemmik
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

User avatar
The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper
Posts: 1328
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm
Location: Waldorf, MD USA
Contact:

Re: Official News topic

Postby The Dark Uniter » Fri May 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:
Israeli scientists now claim that the Jews are a "superior race."

http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=1743


I swear.... people like to make up stuff just for attention... :|

User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: Official News topic

Postby Showa Gyaos » Sat May 28, 2011 11:47 am

ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
Darth Calypso
Futurian
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:57 am

Re: Official News topic

Postby Darth Calypso » Tue May 31, 2011 8:23 am

An ancient city was found under Jerusalem: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ml_israel_un ... _jerusalem
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tyrant_Lizard_King and 2 guests