What are you reading/last book you read

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
H-Man
G-Grasper

Re: What are you reading/last book you read

Post by H-Man »

The One and Only wrote:
H-Man wrote:Last read: The Warrior Lost by Scott Blasingame.

Currently reading: the Godzilla 1998 novelization. Observation: this gives us a pretty good idea of how Nick Tatopoulos would've been played had they gotten Jeff Goldblum as had been the intention.
Didn't know that Goldblum had been in running. Where'd you hear that ? Maybe he(the Goldblum) thought the flick was a little too close to the JURASSIC PARK franchise. would've been better than Broderick. I also thought David Duchovney would've made a better choice. As Nick Tatopolis was portrayed in the animated series I could have seen him playing the Worm Guy also
I think it was mentioned in the Toho Kingdom podcast focusing on G'98 that I heard this.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Last read: Altar of Eden by James Rollins

Currently reading: The Terror by Dan Simmons

Mastergodzilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Mastergodzilla »

I am currently reading The Hunger Games for the first time. On page 177 and I'm loving it!
:baragon: :destoroyah: :muto: :bagan: :g2k: :monsterx: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla: :g64: :godzilla: :tk:
Check out my YouTube Channel, GodzillaFan2004! Has everything Godzilla, from reviews of fan films to fan films themselves! Please subscribe!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1qg2 ... 4JEFNvBhCw

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Finished re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows recently. My favorite book in the series by far, a pleasure to revisit.

Currently reading Hogwarts Houses Divided, a fanfiction continuation of HP. Might look up Harry Potter and the Cursed Child after finishing this story (HHD happens during the 19 year gap between the last two chapters of Deathly Hallows; Cursed Child happens after the 19 year gap.)
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

Right now I'am reading The Humiliated and Insulted by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, it's pretty dam good.It can get a little to overly dramatic at times but beside that it seems like a very good read.
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

MENAGERIE by E. Stuart Marlowe.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I have started reading Oh My Goddess! First End, written by Yumi Toma, the voice actress of Urd in the anime! I'm about 40 pages in and already there's been a twist that I truly did not see coming.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Finished Hogwarts Houses Divided and started reading A Court of Three Sisters, another Harry Potter fanfic. This one revolves around the history of the Black sisters (Bellatrix, Andromeda, and Narcissa), telling of how they went they're different ways on the outset of the First Wizarding War.

I also finished reading CS Lewis's Reflections on the Psalms and started another of his works, The Four Loves.

I also finished reading Matthew Stover's novelization of Revenge of the Sith. I might read a Star Wars fanfic to follow that up.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Reading HG Wells's the Time Machine. It's a very interesting book and delves into a lot of themes of division, evolution, et cetera. I quite like it so far.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

HALO: First Strike by Eric Nylund.

Skipped The Flood for now, will go back to it later.

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

I've been reading The Mammoth Book of Kaiju, a short-story collection featuring Giant monsters. For the most part, as I've found in other Sci-Fi collections, the stories are awful. A couple are passable, but it certainly wasn't worth the $20 I paid for it, like a fool. Oh well, I guess I'll always be a sucker for giant monsters.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

SoleMan wrote:I've been reading The Mammoth Book of Kaiju, a short-story collection featuring Giant monsters. For the most part, as I've found in other Sci-Fi collections, the stories are awful. A couple are passable, but it certainly wasn't worth the $20 I paid for it, like a fool. Oh well, I guess I'll always be a sucker for giant monsters.
I just got that one, I was going to read it next. Maybe I'll find em enjoyable, but I wasn't expecting superb stories, just something interesting.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

CyberZilla wrote:
SoleMan wrote:I've been reading The Mammoth Book of Kaiju, a short-story collection featuring Giant monsters. For the most part, as I've found in other Sci-Fi collections, the stories are awful. A couple are passable, but it certainly wasn't worth the $20 I paid for it, like a fool. Oh well, I guess I'll always be a sucker for giant monsters.
I just got that one, I was going to read it next. Maybe I'll find em enjoyable, but I wasn't expecting superb stories, just something interesting.
I'd love to chat with you about it.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Currently reading 'A Life In Parts', an autobiography by Bryan Cranston. It's a really interesting read and he goes into a lot of what his life has been going all the way back to his childhood.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

"Star Wars: Catalyst. A Rogue One novel" by James Luceno. Events leading up to the construction of the first Death Star.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

MandaSaurus wrote:"Star Wars: Catalyst. A Rogue One novel" by James Luceno. Events leading up to the construction of the first Death Star.
I loved that book! What are your thoughts on it so far?

Resized Image

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

The Power Of Habit by Charles Duhigg

Member of TK Since 2006

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

I finally got around to reading Lord of the Flies for the first time. Started out boring, but then it slowly got better until I couldn't put it down. The philosophy and meaning behind it is absolutely amazing and I love the characters.

My only gripe is about Piggy.
Spoiler:
The only thing on the island to hunt was pig, and his name was PIGGY. The rock kill was incredibly anticlimactic, and I know I was expecting cannibalism. It would have been a great piece of savage symbolism.
Other than that, it was amazing and has crawled up to my top ten.

8/10

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

My current reading list:

'Walking With Dinosaurs: Rediscovering Colorado's Prehistoric Beasts'
'Doc Savage: The Forgotten Realm'
'Project 731'
'Famous Monsters Of Filmland' #286

Two yet to be completed 'Gravity Falls' fan fics:

'Pacifica At The Shack'
'Dancing Shadows'
Last edited by Leviarex on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

CyberZilla wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:"Star Wars: Catalyst. A Rogue One novel" by James Luceno. Events leading up to the construction of the first Death Star.
I loved that book! What are your thoughts on it so far?
Finished it. Decent read, but not on a par with some of Luceno's previous SW novels...