Celebrity Obituaries and Passings

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The official dead celebrity thread

Post by Gigantis »

Kiryu2012 wrote:Rest in peace Russi Taylor.
https://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoi ... ies-at-75/
oh god this is terrible! really must give her props for voicing such an icon for all those years,may she R.I.P :cry:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: Rutger Hauer has left us.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "
OMG, when Hauer was "in the groove", he was incredible. He could play either a hero or villain and be so convincing...

Rest in Peace, Mr. Hauer. There will never be another like you... :(

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: Rutger Hauer has left us.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "
OMG, when Hauer was "in the groove", he was incredible. He could play either a hero or villain and be so convincing...

Rest in Peace, Mr. Hauer. There will never be another like you... :(
Amazing that Rutger Hauer plays Roy Batty, a Replicant who says that line and dies in 2019 and then later died IRL in 2019. Life is strange.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

After much speculation, Yasuhiro Takemoto, who worked on many of Kyoto Animation's productions, has been confirmed dead by his family.

R.I.P. Takemoto-san :cry:

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... family_he/
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

G-Matt wrote:After much speculation, Yasuhiro Takemoto, who worked on many of Kyoto Animation's productions, has been confirmed dead by his family.

R.I.P. Takemoto-san :cry:

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... family_he/
dang...skreoonk the man who caused the fire! R.I.P Yasuhiro :(

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

We lost Russi Taylor. RIP Martin Prince, Sherri and Terri, and many other beloved characters.
Last edited by eabaker on Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Pro wrestling legend Harley Race has passed away.

https://twitter.com/8XNWAChampion/statu ... 49250?s=20

SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

Peter Fonda, 2-Time Oscar Nominee and Star of ‘Easy Rider,’ Dies at 79: https://www.thewrap.com/peter-fonda-2-t ... ies-at-79/

Richard Williams, three-time Oscar winner and animator on 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' & 'The Pink Panther', dies at 86: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/a ... es-aged-86
Last edited by SteveIrwinFan96 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

MYTHBUSTERS alum, Jessi Combs, died today at the all too young age of 39. In accident trying to beat her previosu land speed record in a jet car.
https://www.nbcnews.com/us-news/jussi-c ... d-n1047321
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Why'd it have to be the girl? Why couldn't it have been the one that looks like a soy version of Louie CK? :c
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

SteveIrwinFan96 wrote:Peter Fonda, 2-Time Oscar Nominee and Star of ‘Easy Rider,’ Dies at 79: https://www.thewrap.com/peter-fonda-2-t ... ies-at-79/

Richard Williams, three-time Oscar winner and animator on 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' & 'The Pink Panther', dies at 86: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/a ... es-aged-86
I'm late but RIP Peter Fonda.
I love Easy Rider and that Elastica song you were in.
Last edited by Ultraman02 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Fish Cakes wrote:Why'd it have to be the girl? Why couldn't it have been the one that looks like a soy version of Louie CK? :c
I honestly don't even know who she is. Kari is the only one I was ever familiar with. Still sad though. 39 is still pretty damn young.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I honestly don't even know who she is. Kari is the only one I was ever familiar with. Still sad though. 39 is still pretty damn young.
i only recognize walrus and the skinnier redhead dude, yeah. Just sucks seeing a woman die instead of balding men. :c
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Fish Cakes wrote:Why'd it have to be the girl? Why couldn't it have been the one that looks like a soy version of Louie CK? :c
I'm not entirely sure how to properly address this. But, if we could possibly not lament over someone not dying in place of someone who did die on a thread specifically dedicated to celebrities that have passed, it would be preferable. Let's have a littttttle bit more respect and tact.

Added in 1 minute 12 seconds:
Carry on normal conversations, thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

Franco Columbu, Bodybuilder & Actor Who Appeared In 'The Terminator,' 'The Running Man' and 'Conan the Barbarian', Dies At 78: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 78-1235911

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Seriously, nobody has posted about Valerie Harper yet?

What the fuck?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote:Seriously, nobody has posted about Valerie Harper yet?

What the skreeonk?
Guess no Mary Tyler Moore fans.....she also had her own show Rhoda. And came from Broadway I believe.

Great actress

R.I.P

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

It must be painful to outlive your careers like so many celebrities in this thread seem to.

I hope I die before 50.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Fish Cakes wrote:It must be painful to outlive your careers like so many celebrities in this thread seem to.

I hope I die before 50.
Fish sticks used edgy post

It failed.

But....also you don't even have a job nor career to outlive.