Celebrity Obituaries and Passings

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Re: The official dead celebrity thread

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

"Power Rangers: Ninja Storm" Red Ranger actor Pua Magasiva has passed away at 38: https://www.cbr.com/power-rangers-ninja ... siva-dead/

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SteveIrwinFan96 wrote:"Power Rangers: Ninja Storm" Red Ranger actor Pua Magasiva has passed away at 38: https://www.cbr.com/power-rangers-ninja ... siva-dead/
RIP Pua, you played a big part in alot childhood's and it certainly wouldn't have been the same without you :(

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
SteveIrwinFan96 wrote:"Power Rangers: Ninja Storm" Red Ranger actor Pua Magasiva has passed away at 38: https://www.cbr.com/power-rangers-ninja ... siva-dead/
RIP Pua, you played a big part in alot childhood's and it certainly wouldn't have been the same without you :(
Do they know why he died?

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Jim Fowler, former co-host of Wild Kingdom. Passed away earlier this week at the age of 89.
http://www.startribune.com/jim-fowler-f ... 509762802/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Oh, man- Doris Day. That one hurts. The Glass-Bottom Boat is one of my favorite comedies; The Thrill of it All is my wife's. Grew up with her- and it was always cheering knowing that she was still around. She lived to 97, a nice, full life... but it's still sad to know that we live in a world without her in it anymore. :(
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Not a human celebrity, but world-famous nonetheless, Grumpy Cat died today from a urinary tract infection.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/pet ... spartandhp
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Aww man! That really sucks. She brought us so many cheers, laughs, and pure grumpiness.

R.I.P. Grumpy :cry:
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

JAGzilla wrote:Not a human celebrity, but world-famous nonetheless, Grumpy Cat died today from a urinary tract infection.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/pet ... spartandhp
Damn that sucks. Rest in peace.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Piss on Grumpy Cat! Once again, this is NOT on a par with Lassie, Rin-Tin-Tin, or Benji! I think a lot of you don't know what a real animal celebrity is!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:Piss on Grumpy Cat! Once again, this is NOT on a par with Lassie, Rin-Tin-Tin, or Benji! I think a lot of you don't know what a real animal celebrity is!
Get with the times, Gramps. I don't care for it either but it's genuinely an animal celebrity. It's world famous.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LegendZilla wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Do they know why he died?
Suicide was what was believed.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Legendary F1 driver Niki Lauda has died at the age of 70.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... y-problems
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

MandaSaurus wrote:Piss on Grumpy Cat! Once again, this is NOT on a par with Lassie, Rin-Tin-Tin, or Benji! I think a lot of you don't know what a real animal celebrity is!
I'm aware you're not being serious, here, but she made her owner a hundred million dollars. That's an accomplishment. And go ask any kid on the street who Lassie, Rin-Tin-Tin, or Benji are. Then ask who Grumpy Cat is, and see which one they know best. ;)

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

That's what I consider the depressing part. Yeah, the celebrity is legit- the fact that so many do know the stupid cat and not any of the others- or some of the humans that passed away around the same time- is the depressing commentary on our culture.

You're not wrong... but the fact that you're right just makes me sadder.
Last edited by Zarm on Tue May 21, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

'Depressing' seems a little over the top. I mean, are you familiar with every popular celebrity (human or otherwise) from forty years before you were born? There shouldn't be anything wrong about the fact that people focus mostly on what's current. I agree that a little more widespread familiarity with what was popular in the past would be nice, though.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Leon Redbone :(
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

eabaker wrote:Leon Redbone :(
Who? :eh:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MandaSaurus wrote:
eabaker wrote:Leon Redbone :(
Who? :eh:
Dude was a pretty iconic part of the blues and jazz scene in the 70s and 80s.

Added in 3 days 31 minutes 55 seconds:
And now Roky Erickson... https://news.avclub.com/r-i-p-psychedel ... 1835165808
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

gojira96
Monarch Researcher

Post by gojira96 »

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

gojira96 wrote:Paul [Kerr Avon] Darrow
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48501099
Oh, damn! :(