Celebrity Obituaries and Passings

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: The official dead celebrity thread

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Nobuyuki Ishida, Mirrorman himself, has passed away after a long battle with cancer, which he no doubt fought like hell against.
http://sidelongglancesofapigeonkicker.b ... asses.html
Having recently seen Mirrorman, this one definitely hurts. His performance is still one of the very best in any Tokusatsu shows.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MaxRebo320 wrote:Nobuyuki Ishida, Mirrorman himself, has passed away after a long battle with cancer, which he no doubt fought like hell against.
http://sidelongglancesofapigeonkicker.b ... asses.html
Having recently seen Mirrorman, this one definitely hurts. His performance is still one of the very best in any Tokusatsu shows.
I can't read Japanese, but I think someone made a Mirrorman fan art in memory of him.

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php ... d=75282403

Last edited by BlankAccount on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm not sure if he belongs here, but after disappearing without a trace and his belongings being found on top of a bridge, NYPD has confirmed that Desmond Amofah, better known as the Youtuber and streamer Etika has taken his life at 29.

I did not know him well but from what I saw of him, he was a passionate man who made people happy even when struggling from what sounds like major mental health issues. May he rest in peace and my condolences go out to his friends and family

RIP Evan.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm not sure if he belongs here, but after disappearing without a trace and his belongings being found on top of a bridge, NYPD has confirmed that Desmond Amofah, better known as the Youtuber and streamer Etika has taken his life at 29.

I did not know him well but from what I saw of him, he was a passionate man who made people happy even when struggling from what sounds like major mental health issues. May he rest in peace and my condolences go out to his friends and family
I'm still surprised he died. My condolences to his friends and family.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Steve Dunleavy, veteran reporter, New York Post Columnist, and correspondent for A Current Affair !. Died earlier this week at the age of 81.
https://nypost.com/2019/06/24/legendary ... ead-at-81/
Dunleavy was also (in)famous for coming up with this particular headline for the New York Post.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Billy Drago has passed at 73. While the actor is probably best known for his role as Frank Nitti in The Untouchables (1987), he had a long career which included a wide array of projects. For me, he'll always first and foremost be John Bly from the under-appreciated and short lived series The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. (1993-1994).
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

eabaker wrote:Billy Drago has passed at 73. While the actor is probably best known for his role as Frank Nitti in The Untouchables (1987), he had a long career which included a wide array of projects. For me, he'll always first and foremost be John Bly from the under-appreciated and short lived series The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. (1993-1994).
Good show that was. Loved that, and how it came on before THE X-FILES. Friday nights were fun.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

John Bly? Oh no!

I'm actually amazed he was 73 already; I'd've pegged him younger in the 90s.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

And now Edith Scob of Eyes Without a Face???!!!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Aw man! Not the great Billy Drago! One of the greatest cinematic creeps of all time.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Oh shit, this one kinda hits me a bit. I used to love watching ALF growing up. Even though I know the show was hell for him, I enjoyed it immensely. RIP.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I came on to post about this. Oddly, his performance as Willie had already come up in conversation twice with different people within the last week.

I mean, I guess I spend more time talking about ALF than the average person, so maybe it's not that odd...

Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Joseph Goodman »

Tadao Takashima has passed away at 88:

https://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/16691016/

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Joseph Goodman wrote:Tadao Takashima has passed away at 88:

Oh, man. Didn't need one more to add to the list this week... :(

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ugh, it’s always painful seeing a cast/crew member from the Golden Age pass away. Loved his role in KKVG. He’ll definitely be missed. RIP.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Damn, it's honestly sad seeing a lot of the golden era Showa actors go away like that. I absolutely loved his performances in KKvG and SoG. RIP :(

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Joseph Goodman wrote:Tadao Takashima has passed away at 88:

I definitely didn't need this right now. :(

R.I.P. Takashima-san :cry:
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Aw man that's like 3 or 4 Toho legends in just the past couple years. He might not have been as well known as Sahara or Takarada but he was still an integral part of the Toho staple. Will always remember him best from Son of Godzilla.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Dang... it feels like every Showa era actor is passing away.

R.I.P Takashima :cry:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!