What Gets On Your Nerves? (Note on Page 1)

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves?

Postby Kiryu2012 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:32 pm

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:The Hulk being (one of) the strongest Marvel characters is what makes him so appealing. When he's on the good guy's side it's a lot of fun. When he's the antagonist, it makes it all the more interesting to see how he'll be taken down. Why is that a bad thing?

Because the fact that he's so powerful annoys me greatly. In my mind, the Hulk is NOT the strongest there is. In fact, here's how I think Godzilla vs Hulk would go:

My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy shit man.

Kiryu2012
The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Team: Discord and Bobobo
Favourite Kaiju: Discord

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Kiryu2012 wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:The Hulk being (one of) the strongest Marvel characters is what makes him so appealing. When he's on the good guy's side it's a lot of fun. When he's the antagonist, it makes it all the more interesting to see how he'll be taken down. Why is that a bad thing?

Because the fact that he's so powerful annoys me greatly. In my mind, the Hulk is NOT the strongest there is. In fact, here's how I think Godzilla vs Hulk would go:

...That fight has clearly ended in a draw. Hulk can't hurt Godzilla, Godzilla can't kill Hulk. There is no winner.

Also...you're annoyed...because the Hulk is powerful? To me, that sounds similar to a four-year old girl crying that she wants a "weenie".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHFiD_nmPSs

lol. And no, you don't get to go to Disneyland.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dust_pan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Why does that piss you off so much?

I think Mothra vs Godzilla is a boring film, but I don't get riled up when everyone else says it's great.
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

Dust_pan
EDF Soldier

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Mothra

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 pm

Kiryu2012 wrote:Because the fact that he's so powerful annoys me greatly. In my mind, the Hulk is NOT the strongest there is. In fact, here's how I think Godzilla vs Hulk would go:

So...
1.) you're in denial.
2.) you're butthurt.

That's what I'm getting out of this. I don't understand why the Hulk being strong is annoying. It doesn't matter that "in your mind" Hulk isn't the strongest, the fact is, he is most certainly one of the strongest characters in Marvel's roster.
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

Postby Kiryu2012 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:50 pm

And he got beat by Captain America kicking him in the face.

This made my day. :lol:
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy shit man.

Kiryu2012
The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Team: Discord and Bobobo
Favourite Kaiju: Discord

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:57 pm

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Because the fact that he's so powerful annoys me greatly. In my mind, the Hulk is NOT the strongest there is. In fact, here's how I think Godzilla vs Hulk would go:

So...
1.) you're in denial.
2.) you're butthurt.

That's what I'm getting out of this. I don't understand why the Hulk being strong is annoying. It doesn't matter that "in your mind" Hulk isn't the strongest, the fact is, he is most certainly one of the strongest characters in Marvel's roster.

The Hulk has ever-increasing strength with rage, regeneration that is arguably superior to Godzilla's, emits radiation, and has shown the ability to evolve when his environment changes (Ultimate Human).

And he got beat by Captain America kicking him in the face.

Yup. That's Marvel logic for ya. But nevertheless he is one of Marvel's strongest characters. Period.
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

Postby Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Hulk is pretty damn strong. It depends on the writers since I remember the older comics of him had Spider-man taking him out. The strongest version of the Hulk that I remember was when he used Celestial technology against Juggernaut. Other Marvel superheros like Thor have shown to be stronger then him though.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Yeah, the Hulk, and other Marvel characters, are depicted from story arc to story arc with varying degrees of power. Sometimes they're stronger, sometimes they're much weaker.
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Doesn't it depend on how angry the Hulk is? Alex Mercer from Prototype is one of the few characters I know can hold his own against the Hulk. Even then that's only after Alex has obtained most or all of his mutations.It'd probably be a draw.

Wait when did the WGONYN topic turn into FMs?

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Dust_pan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:10 pm

This is only a minor bump in the middle of a bigger debate going on, I see, but I get annoyed when some people have to act all uppity or pissed whenever they correct you on something. It's like I committed some sort of major crime for not knowing something.

Mostly happens with my snappy as hell uncle.
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

Dust_pan
EDF Soldier

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Mothra

Postby kaiju_wars » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:08 pm

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:If you're talking about characters outside of Marvel, then who cares? Now you're just talking pointless hypotheticals that will never happen. Just stay in the same universes where things exist. And in the Marvel Universe, Hulk is strongest there is.

What about The Sentry, in World War Hulk, they fought to a standstill...
TK's resident Denver Broncos fan, Ace Combat fan, Strike Witches fan, TFK fan, and Queen fan.
Rikka Takanashi is mah waifu.

buffypython wrote:My favorite thing about Jet Jaguar is that he looks like neither a jet nor a jaguar. He might as well have been called Taxi Snow Leopard.

kaiju_wars
Oh calm your Sex-E Coco dildo slapping sugar tits.

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla 2000

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:28 pm

kaiju_wars wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:If you're talking about characters outside of Marvel, then who cares? Now you're just talking pointless hypotheticals that will never happen. Just stay in the same universes where things exist. And in the Marvel Universe, Hulk is strongest there is.

I wouldn't know. I'm not a big comic book reader. I do watch quite a few comic book-related TV shows and movies though.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby kaiju_wars » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:02 pm

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
kaiju_wars wrote:

I wouldn't know. I'm not a big comic book reader. I do watch quite a few comic book-related TV shows and movies though.

Well, that is what happened and what SS4G said... I already knew that...
TK's resident Denver Broncos fan, Ace Combat fan, Strike Witches fan, TFK fan, and Queen fan.

buffypython wrote:My favorite thing about Jet Jaguar is that he looks like neither a jet nor a jaguar. He might as well have been called Taxi Snow Leopard.

kaiju_wars

Geiger Counter

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Sometimes, iTunes annoys me by not having well known songs in their store. iTunes, why must you force me to take songs from YouTube?
Legionmaster wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:And Northern Appalachian "rednecks" are scarier than anything we have down here.

Like MonsterMaster! :P

Kaiju-King42
Radioactive

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Destoroyah

Postby Wataru » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:36 am

skreeonk YOU, CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wataru
TK's Comic Book God & Toy Guru
Sandy Frank dubs. All others are fail.

Founder of the Heathen Hall @ American Asatru Association

Wataru
Founding Director of the American Asatru Associaton

Favourite Kaiju: Gojira '89

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:41 am

wataru wrote:skreeonk YOU, CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that feeling, man. I burned off 400 calories jogging two miles yesterday. When I got home and looked at how many I eat during the day... damn. I gotta stop eating so much.
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

Postby Wataru » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:43 am

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
wataru wrote:skreeonk YOU, CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that feeling, man. I burned off 400 calories jogging two miles yesterday. When I got home and looked at how many I eat during the day... damn. I gotta stop eating so much.

Well for some stupid reason MyFitnessPal says I can have 2520 calories day. I try to stay around 1500-1800 which isnt to hard but when I work, Im normally up 16-20 hours so I get hungry more. Ive already blown 800 calories today. I'll blow 400 at dinner and then I'll still be up 7 hours...
Wataru
TK's Comic Book God & Toy Guru
Sandy Frank dubs. All others are fail.

Founder of the Heathen Hall @ American Asatru Association

Wataru
Founding Director of the American Asatru Associaton

Favourite Kaiju: Gojira '89

Postby kaiju_wars » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 pm

kaiju_wars wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
Well, that is what happened and what SS4G said... I already knew that...

It was for clarification for people that didn't know how powerful the Sentry was.

Keyword: was. D':

W...wait, I haven't been following American Comics for quite awhile. Please don't tell me they killed him off...

kaiju_wars

Geiger Counter

Postby kaiju_wars » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:50 pm

kaiju_wars wrote:
W...wait, I haven't been following American Comics for quite awhile. Please don't tell me they killed him off...

Yeah. During Siege, he was totally possessed by the Void, who happened to be the Angel of Death/Potential Satan. He kills Ares (rips him in half), destroys Asgard, and all kindsa evil things.

Loki, who used the Norn Stones to screw with Space-Time and hyper accelerated helicarrier managed to depower the Sentry. Reynolds started to transform backing into the Sentry/Void. Thor was demanding he be brought to justice. But then the Sentry was like, "DO IT NOW BEFORE I KILL YOU ALL!" and Thor slammed a monstrous lightening bolt on the Sentry. Thor then drops Bob's remains into the sun.

T'was quite a death. The Sentry: Fallen Sun was a good wrap up for his death.

Damn... D...didn't they kill of Spider-Man also?

kaiju_wars

Geiger Counter

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:48 pm

kaiju_wars wrote:

lol, no. They might have killed of Ben Reilly (again?). What they did do is erase Peter Parker's marriage from history with One More Day.

He might be thinking of Ultimate Spider-man. Ultimate Peter Parker is dead and has been replaced by Miles Morales. If you get past the fact that they tossed Peter aside like it was nothing, Miles is actually a very interesting character.
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:15 pm

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
kaiju_wars wrote:

lol, no. They might have killed of Ben Reilly (again?). What they did do is erase Peter Parker's marriage from history with One More Day.

He might be thinking of Ultimate Spider-man. Ultimate Peter Parker is dead and has been replaced by Miles Morales. If you get past the fact that they tossed Peter aside like it was nothing, Miles is actually a very interesting character.

Shut up. That never happened. We should keep it that way.

Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Med Student

gatorzilla wrote:People like this need to be tossed out of the fandom.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Shalashaska

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion