Most Toxic Fandom?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.

What do you think is the most toxic fandom?

Any sports team (specify below)
6%
Star Wars
24%
Star Trek
2%
Marvel
5%
DC
2%
Lord of the Rings/Middle-Earth
No votes
Harry Potter
3%
Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire
No votes
My Little Pony
3%
Transformers
2%
Rick and Morty
3%
Steven Universe
6%
Call of Duty
No votes
Pokemon
3%
Sonic the Hedgehog
3%
Simpsons
No votes
Family Guy
No votes
South Park
2%
Dragon Ball
No votes
Naruto
No votes
Sword Art Online
No votes
This one... (Godzilla/Kaiju)
21%
Other (comment below)
17%

Total votes: 66

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Most Toxic Fandom?

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

People talk a lot about toxicity in fandoms these days, and it has become a real issue. Many fans seem to hate every other fandom and even most of the people in their own fandom for ridiculous reasons. Which fandom do you think is the most toxic? Vote and comment.

I voted for Rick and Morty. Anyone who actually thinks that's the smartest show on television, and actually harasses members of other fandoms for not thinking so, is literal human garbage.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Re: Most Toxic Fandom?

Post by Fish Cakes »

I'd say Hitler's.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Why isn't Al Jolson on here? Those Jolson Society people are nuts!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:People talk a lot about toxicity in fandoms these days, and it has become a real issue. Many fans seem to hate every other fandom and even most of the people in their own fandom for ridiculous reasons. Which fandom do you think is the most toxic? Vote and comment.

I voted for Rick and Morty. Anyone who actually thinks that's the smartest show on television, and actually harasses members of other fandoms for not thinking so, is literal human garbage.
It seems like you're trying to make a thread that'll cause major arguments amongst the users here lol.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

The Godzilla fandom, because they make topics about how bad other fanbases are
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

You mind adding a "who cares,all fandoms have good and bad fans alike" option?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

tyrantgoji wrote:You mind adding a "who cares,all fandoms have good and bad fans alike" option?
I agree with this. Sure we all know that there are good and bad fans but I don't like how the majority of people on social media seem to equate fandom solely with bad fans It also depends on how you define "bad" I mean nowadays saying you simply didn't like a film in a franchise labels you as a bad fan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Other fans haven't cause me as much grief in any other fanbase as the Godzilla fanbase. I've met wonderful people but good god the assholeness and apathy of the rest.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

If it wasn’t for being relatively niche the collective idiocy of the Godzilla/kaiju fandom would rival the Sonic fandom
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Humanity is just terrible so pretty much everyone.

I will say though, in defense of the Godzilla fandom, there isn’t the same amount bullshit that goes on in other fanbases like having active harassment campaigns against people in charge.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

cloverfan98 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:You mind adding a "who cares,all fandoms have good and bad fans alike" option?
I agree with this. Sure we all know that there are good and bad fans but I don't like how the majority of people on social media seem to equate fandom solely with bad fans It also depends on how you define "bad" I mean nowadays saying you simply didn't like a film in a franchise labels you as a bad fan.
There was a lot of that when G14 came out. I remember all the people claiming that if you didn't like it you were somehow a Toho purist. Of course it's all but disappeared now. Not like the TLJ detractors who will probably have a seething hatred for that film for all eternity. :lol:
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:There was a lot of that when G14 came out. I remember all the people claiming that if you didn't like it you were somehow a Toho purist. Of course it's all but disappeared now.
Were you the guy that refused to ever watch it or am I getting you confused with someone else
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

G2000 wrote:If it wasn’t for being relatively niche the collective idiocy of the Godzilla/kaiju fandom would rival the Sonic fandom
I'd like to think we have enough concentrated idiocy to rival them despite our niche, and that's just the western fandom afaik.

Also, what defines something as a fandom? Are political parties fandoms? What about religions?
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

G2000 wrote:If it wasn’t for being relatively niche the collective idiocy of the Godzilla/kaiju fandom would rival the Sonic fandom
Come on man. We're nowhere near as bad as the Thomas the Tank and Cars fans. Those guys are a mimi muppet kind of crazy lol

Worst fandom i've encountered is the naruto/boruto fans. Say that as a massive fan of series. They're confrontational about minor things on message boards. Bully you out of their chatrooms. I realized I don't need to talk about something online to be a fan of it after that.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla fandom is nowhere near as stupid as what's left of the Sonic fanbase.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

_JNavs_ wrote:Godzilla fandom is nowhere near as stupid as what's left of the Sonic fanbase.
Ah, thanks. I guess you'd be the better judge after-all.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

G2000 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:There was a lot of that when G14 came out. I remember all the people claiming that if you didn't like it you were somehow a Toho purist. Of course it's all but disappeared now.
Were you the guy that refused to ever watch it or am I getting you confused with someone else
I wasn't me. I went to the Thursday preview screening.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I wouldn't call our fandom overly toxic. Granted, it can be. And God knows I can be as toxic as they come. I generally think this fandom is downright moronic most of the time. And not in your typical sense of moron, but more along the lines of a special student who doesn't realize how absolute trash they are because their parents sheltered them and gave them an obnoxiously high sense of self-worth, leading said individuals to be some of the most painfully dull and uninspired cyber bullies you'll ever cross paths with. And those that don't fall into this category tend to be the ones that try and stand on moral high grounds as if they can never do wrong and everyone just has to like them because they feel the fandom owes them something.

These two categories have spread like a disease over the past few years. Gone are the days where fans are just assholes for the sake of being assholes.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

MM Raids Again wrote:I wouldn't call our fandom overly toxic. Granted, it can be. And God knows I can be as toxic as they come. I generally think this fandom is downright moronic most of the time. And not in your typical sense of moron, but more along the lines of a special student who doesn't realize how absolute trash they are because their parents sheltered them and gave them an obnoxiously high sense of self-worth, leading said individuals to be some of the most painfully dull and uninspired cyber bullies you'll ever cross paths with. And those that don't fall into this category tend to be the ones that try and stand on moral high grounds as if they can never do wrong and everyone just has to like them because they feel the fandom owes them something.

These two categories have spread like a disease over the past few years. Gone are the days where fans are just assholes for the sake of being assholes.
Yeah, almost like being an asshole just to be an asshole is frowned upon or something? You have to be sneaky about it now, did you used to not? I'm interested in this kinda stuff, if you can give like, nameless examples I'd love to hear them.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Fish Cakes wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:I wouldn't call our fandom overly toxic. Granted, it can be. And God knows I can be as toxic as they come. I generally think this fandom is downright -------- most of the time. And not in your typical sense of ------, but more along the lines of a special student who doesn't realize how absolute trash they are because their parents sheltered them and gave them an obnoxiously high sense of self-worth, leading said individuals to be some of the most painfully dull and uninspired cyber bullies you'll ever cross paths with. And those that don't fall into this category tend to be the ones that try and stand on moral high grounds as if they can never do wrong and everyone just has to like them because they feel the fandom owes them something.

Yeah, almost like being an asshole just to be an asshole is frowned upon or something? You have to be sneaky about it now, did you used to not? I'm interested in this kinda stuff, if you can give like, nameless examples I'd love to hear them.
You mean like myself and a handful of others had this entire fandom doped back in 2016 with the Godzilla vs. Judas leaked script? Or do you want to go even further back to 2004 when a small group of people managed to get this entire fandom at each other's throats over a fake trailer on Final Wars? I, myself, was banned from this forum alone a record number of times and kept coming back for the sake of coming back and to show I couldn't be stopped. Yeah, I've mellowed out over the years, which I do attribute to getting older (now in my 30's), having a steady work/personal life with loved ones and responsibilities...

But damn is it disheartening to see what this fandom has devolved down to when it comes to the trouble makers. Ya'll make some shitty memes and wave them around like a 12-year old who found his sister's box of tampons. There's no substance when it comes to the fandom assholes anymore. Even Jomei was better a few years ago on Tumblr.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?