Best and Worst Mothers in fiction

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Best and Worst Mothers in fiction

Postby LegendZilla » Sun May 12, 2019 10:52 pm

Hello people, I hope you’ve all had a good Mother’s Day. Mine was alright. Anyways, allow me to set up a follow-up thread to my Best/Worst fictional fathers one, only this time swapping it out with your favourite and/or worst fictional mothers. For best, I’d say Trisha Elric from FMA, Bulma and 18 from Dragonball, Bellemere from One Piece, Littlefoot’s mother, Sarah Connor from Terminator, pretty much every Disney mother(especially now Della Duck since she’s a thing) and to top it all off, Mothra.

As for worst ones, I’d pick Cersei Lannister, Mallory Archer, Lois Griffin, Lois Wilkerson, Mom from Futurama, Ms. Stotch from South Park, and lastly, Ragyo Kiryuin from Kill la Kill.

It is debatable wether or not the majority of mothers from Rugrats or Chi-Chi from Dragonball are objectively bad mothers. As for the latter, I am firmly in the crowd who hates her guts.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun May 12, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Best and Worst Mothers in fiction

Postby 2004Zilla » Sun May 12, 2019 11:04 pm

David from Alien Covenant. Best and worst mother.
They must love the smell of Bvlgari. Yeah, I'm doing a little product placement! I gotta get paid, too!

Gerdzerl

Postby Gerdzerl » Mon May 13, 2019 2:45 am

Here's some, off the top of my head. I wouldn't say these in particular are the best of the best and/or the worst of the worst, these are just ones that come to mind often to me.

Best:

The imago Mothra from Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S..

Littlefoot's mother from the original The Land Before Time.

The Xenomorph Queen from Aliens.

Worst:

Mother Gothel from Disney's version of Rapunzel.

Ragyō Kiryūin from Kill la Kill.

JAGzilla
Keizer

Postby JAGzilla » Mon May 13, 2019 3:25 am

Littlefoot's mom deserves reiteration. It's not every mother that would die fighting a T. Rex and then freaking come back as a ghost to help their kid along. :lol: Lily Potter went the distance, too, even if she didn't independently cheat death for Harry.

And then there's Padme Amidala, who gave up and died when her blatantly murderous, unstable husband killed people and lost all self control, abandoning her kids in the process. The absolute worst? Nah. But she deserves a mention.

Petunia Dursley is down there, too. Besides actively abusing her adopted nephew for seventeen years, she went so far in the other direction with Dudley that he ended up as a spoiled, morbidly obese, bullying idiot.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:19 pm

I could only think of one for each category.

Beast: Littlefoot's mom form The Land Before Time

Worst: Lois Griffon from Family Guy
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Mon May 13, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Wed May 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Alpha from The Walking Dead is a major one I forgot to mention the first time. Both her and Lori Grimes who's not necessarily a terrible mother, but not a great one either.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Rhedosaurus
G-Grasper

Postby Rhedosaurus » Wed May 22, 2019 10:10 am

I'm surprised NOBODY has mentioned Angelica's mother from Rugrats. She spent so much time on her stupid phone that she barely knew that she even had a daughter. Her husband had to carry at least 90% of the weight.

Snake
Yojimbo

Postby Snake » Tue May 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Brian's mom from the opening of The Breakfast Club was a real piece of work.
They never found any corpse.

Return to “General Discussion”