Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:31 am

The Baka-gaikokujin era
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5212
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby G2000 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:38 am

LegendZilla wrote:Are you trying to chastise me for brining this up just because you feel that honest speculation of a country’s future should be off-limits for outsiders of said country?


In all seriousness no one is going to know until April and by design it's going to be nigh impossible to guess
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10967
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby goji89 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:15 am

G2000 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Are you trying to chastise me for brining this up just because you feel that honest speculation of a country’s future should be off-limits for outsiders of said country?


In all seriousness no one is going to know until April and by design it's going to be nigh impossible to guess


Join the fun bro.....guess?
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 6733
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:30 am

goji89 wrote:
G2000 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Are you trying to chastise me for brining this up just because you feel that honest speculation of a country’s future should be off-limits for outsiders of said country?


In all seriousness no one is going to know until April and by design it's going to be nigh impossible to guess


Join the fun bro.....guess?

The SonGokuGoji Era
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10967
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby goji89 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:35 am

_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
G2000 wrote:
In all seriousness no one is going to know until April and by design it's going to be nigh impossible to guess


Join the fun bro.....guess?

The SonGokuShinGoji Era


Remove the Shin and I like it.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 6733
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:38 am

goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Join the fun bro.....guess?

The SonGokuShinGoji Era


Remove the Shin and I like it.

Completely agree
Image
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11653
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 am

The Moob era.

Moobs cause Muscular Monster-sized Man boobs. See the pecks on Ghidorah? Dud must do push ups everyday.
Image

User avatar
MaxRebo320
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2391
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: albaquarky
Contact:

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby MaxRebo320 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:09 pm

The "Let's-Just-Use-The-Same-Five-Monsters-Again-And-Again" era
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10967
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby goji89 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:10 pm

MaxRebo320 wrote:The "Let's-Just-Use-The-Same-Five-Monsters-Again-And-Again" era


Wait....let me go get my french fries for some of that salt.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 6733
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:12 pm

goji89 wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:The "Let's-Just-Use-The-Same-Five-Monsters-Again-And-Again" era


Wait....let me go get my french fries for some of that salt.

Is there a tree around here for all that shade? Who's the 5th monster though? Anguirus hasn't been seen as a main character since the Showa era
Image
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

User avatar
MaxRebo320
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2391
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: albaquarky
Contact:

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby MaxRebo320 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:13 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:Is there a tree around here for all that shade? Who's the 5th monster though? Anguirus hasn't been seen as a main character since the Showa era

Godzelda himself.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 6733
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:17 pm

MaxRebo320 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Is there a tree around here for all that shade? Who's the 5th monster though? Anguirus hasn't been seen as a main character since the Showa era

Godzelda himself.

Mothra, Ghidorah, Rodan, Godzelda himself = 4 :lol:
Image
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

User avatar
MaxRebo320
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2391
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: albaquarky
Contact:

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby MaxRebo320 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:26 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:Mothra, Ghidorah, Rodan, Godzelda himself = 4 :lol:

Mechagodzelda, dawg.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 6733
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:32 pm

MaxRebo320 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Mothra, Ghidorah, Rodan, Godzelda himself = 4 :lol:

Mechagodzelda, dawg.

Ehhhhh I guess yeah you could say that, I've never considered him a major character personally. But he has had his own film per era.
Image
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:03 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Mothra, Ghidorah, Rodan, Godzelda himself = 4 :lol:

Mechagodzelda, dawg.

Ehhhhh I guess yeah you could say that, I've never considered him a major character personally. But he has had his own film per era.

Well guess what? “Toho’s big 4” doesn’t exist, it’s called “The Big 5” and Mechagodzilla is very much apart of it.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 6733
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:04 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:Mechagodzelda, dawg.

Ehhhhh I guess yeah you could say that, I've never considered him a major character personally. But he has had his own film per era.

Well guess what? “Toho’s big 4” doesn’t exist, it’s called “The Big 5” and Mechagodzilla is very much apart of it.

I take it you had a bad day?
Image
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:26 pm

Naw just figured someone should at least know what they’re talking about before they post :^)
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 6733
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:28 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Naw just figured someone should at least know what they’re talking about before they post :^)

You're being a massive tool. I mentioned my personal opinion and you're acting like I shiit in your cereal. I guess you must have some sort of bipolar disorder since you act friendly one moment and tool up the next.
Image
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Lol it’s not an opinion is the point I am making. It’s called the “Big 5” and Mechagodzilla is just as popular in Japan and here as the other 4 are, you can choose to not acknowledge that if you want but to ignore it as fact is pretty dumb. Js.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 6733
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Next era of Japan : Predicting the name

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:35 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Lol it’s not an opinion is the point I am making. It’s called the “Big 5” and Mechagodzilla is just as popular in Japan and here as the other 4 are, you can choose to not acknowledge that if you want but to ignore it as fact is pretty dumb. Js.

Then say that. I wasn't aware of an official "Big 5". Since the main 4 that get mentioned are the usual suspects. To ignore what as a fact? I had no idea of an Official 5. Js
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest