Ideas for future Godzilla movies (Toho, Monsterverse etc.)

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Re: Ideas for future Godzilla movies (Toho, Monsterverse etc.)

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:31 am

MaxRebo320 wrote:Regardless if you'll be alive or not by then, you're delusional if you think the "Monsterverse" will last for nearly 100 years.

:lol: :lol: Exactly, We're hoping the Monsterverse makes it to at least Phase 2, let alone 100 more years of films
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

MaxRebo320
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MaxRebo320 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:42 am

_JNavs_ wrote::lol: :lol: Exactly, We're hoping the Monsterverse makes it to at least Phase 2, let alone 100 more years of films

I'll be surprised if it makes it far past-2020, to be frank. I hope for the best, of course, but...
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:14 pm

MaxRebo320 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote::lol: :lol: Exactly, We're hoping the Monsterverse makes it to at least Phase 2, let alone 100 more years of films

I'll be surprised if it makes it far past-2020, to be frank. I hope for the best, of course, but...

I'd be totally fine (but saddened) if they end it after maybe 1 or 2 more "big" event films. Hopefully it's a franchise that over time they can just add a film to every 10 years with no questions asked. A formula similar to the "bigger" franchises like Star Wars or LOTR.

TheRealSpinoRex
Ronin

Postby TheRealSpinoRex » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:01 am

MaxRebo320 wrote:Regardless if you'll be alive or not by then, you're delusional if you think the "Monsterverse" will last for nearly 100 years.

Hecc off

kingkevzilla88
G-Grasper

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:22 am

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, you do know what the Monsterverse will only continue if the next two movies do well. Also, I don't think that it well last a hundred years. A ton of things could happen in the real world that would end it.

I think A lot of your ideas seem to be the same thing, so maybe combine a few.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Postby Manuelito Canelito » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:53 am

TheRealSpinoRex wrote:
PHASE 1

Godzilla (2014)
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (2019)
Godzilla VS Kong (2020)

PHASE 2

M.U.T.O- A Film about Cryptids (2022)
Kong Of Skull Island (2023)
Gamera (2024)
Godzilla 3 (2025)
SpaceGodzilla (2026)
Godzilla Vs SpaceGodzilla (2027)
Mechagodzilla- The ultimate weapon (2028)
Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla (2029)
Mothra (2031)
Rodan (2032)

PHASE 3

Varan (2038)
Godzilla 4 (2039)
Baragon- Earth Monster (2040)
Zilla (2041)
Zilla- Prince of Titans (2043)
Zilla- Strike Zone (2044)
Krystalak- Demon of ice (2045)
Gamera 2- Attack Of Legion (2047)
Godzilla's Counterattack AKA Godzilla 5 (2049)
Godzilla Jr (2050)

PHASE 4

Godzilla VS Ghost Godzilla- 100 year anniversary (2054)
Anguirus- King Of The Island (2055)
Monster X (2056)
Godzilla VS Mecha Ghidorah (2057)
Mothra- Reboot (2058)
Rebirth Of Mothra (2059)
Rebirth Of Mothra 2 (2060)
Rebirth Of Mothra 3 (2061)
Kong's Final Moments (2062)
Godzilla VS Varan (2063)
Godzilla VS Anguirus (2064)
Godzilla VS Godzilla (2065)
Godzilla VS MechaGodzilla 2 (2066)

PHASE 5-

Godzilla: A New Era (2097)
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters (2098)
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Part 2 (2099)
Godzilla: A New Millenium (2100)

...Can you share with me whatever drug you were in when you wrote this?
It sounds fun
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Terasawa
EDF Soldier

Postby Terasawa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:38 am

Wouldn't "Godzilla: A New Century" be a better title than "A New Millennium" for a movie coming out in 2100?
Save All Dubs
奴はもう一度我々のために戦ってくれる。

Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:33 pm

A new American Godzilla reboot completely unconnected to the MonsterVerse. A realistic and deadly serious disaster thriller focusing on both the sociopolitical and emotional impact of a giant monster attack and what it would be like if it were to actually happen. Think Steven Soderbergh's Contagion meets Shin Godzilla. I'd love Frank Darabont to script and possibly direct. If he can't direct then I'd like to see someone like Christopher Nolan or Matt Reeves take the helm. Would probably work best as a solo film but having a couple lesser monsters wouldn't hurt. Hell even making it a quasi documentary like District 9 would be cool.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:21 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:A new American Godzilla reboot completely unconnected to the MonsterVerse. A realistic and deadly serious disaster thriller focusing on both the sociopolitical and emotional impact of a giant monster attack and what it would be like if it were to actually happen. Think Steven Soderbergh's Contagion meets Shin Godzilla. I'd love Frank Darabont to script and possibly direct. If he can't direct then I'd like to see someone like Christopher Nolan or Matt Reeves take the helm. Would probably work best as a solo film but having a couple lesser monsters wouldn't hurt. Hell even making it a quasi documentary like District 9 would be cool.

*Looks up what Frank Darabont directed*

*Sees The Mist and The Shankshaw Redemption*

I think he'll do. ;)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:28 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:A new American Godzilla reboot completely unconnected to the MonsterVerse. A realistic and deadly serious disaster thriller focusing on both the sociopolitical and emotional impact of a giant monster attack and what it would be like if it were to actually happen. Think Steven Soderbergh's Contagion meets Shin Godzilla. I'd love Frank Darabont to script and possibly direct. If he can't direct then I'd like to see someone like Christopher Nolan or Matt Reeves take the helm. Would probably work best as a solo film but having a couple lesser monsters wouldn't hurt. Hell even making it a quasi documentary like District 9 would be cool.

*Looks up what Frank Darabont directed*

*Sees The Mist and The Shankshaw Redemption*

I think he'll do. ;)

IIRC Darabont did work on the G2014 script, though I think he merely "touched up"/revised an existing script
Last edited by G2000 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Gerdzerl

Postby Gerdzerl » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:56 am

I'd like to see an American Godzilla movie/series that emulates Toho's aesthetics as closely as possible, just with CGI instead of suits and puppets and miniatures.

In other words, basically this, but for a movie and with ILM/Weta-tier CG.

Realism is fine and all, but I wanna see Toho's monsters as they are, but without the restrictions of physical props.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingkevzilla88
G-Grasper

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:54 am

I've got this idea for Godzilla movie rolling around my head for awhile now. This group of guys decide to rob the largest bank in Tokyo during one Godzilla's rampages. Thinking that any evidence, would be destroyed by him. But, things don't go to plan as Godzilla ends up fighting another monster that spawns smaller monsters, that attack the bank. Not only that, but the Yakuza own the bank and we're planning on taking the money. The main group will get out of Tokyo while avoiding Godzilla, the Yakuza, the armed forces and the enemy monster and it's spawn.

It's a lot of fun elements in it that I think would work, seeing as Toho want to try different things with Godzilla.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Gerdzerl wrote:I'd like to see an American Godzilla movie/series that emulates Toho's aesthetics as closely as possible, just with CGI instead of suits and puppets and miniatures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsOdvG1vW70

In other words, basically this, but for a movie and with ILM/Weta-tier CG.

Realism is fine and all, but I wanna see Toho's monsters as they are, but without the restrictions of physical props.

Building on what was previously said, it'd be amazing to see a modern day stop motion American Godzilla film, similar in style to Isle of Dogs, have it be based in Japan during the Azuchi–Momoyama period, I'd love to see Samurai deal with the tragedies of Godzilla. His design should be similar to that recently revealed Nauts G'54 Concept art figure, or the concept art itself if you know what I'm talking about. I'd love to see Rodan pull off maneuvers maybe in a little short in the mid credits? Or his own short film. I'd love to see a whole stop motion G franchise tbh :lol:, The destruction and art for the Samurai on horseback riding towards Godzilla would be insane
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terasawa
EDF Soldier

Postby Terasawa » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:30 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I've got this idea for Godzilla movie rolling around my head for awhile now. This group of guys decide to rob the largest bank in Tokyo during one Godzilla's rampages. Thinking that any evidence, would be destroyed by him. But, things don't go to plan as Godzilla ends up fighting another monster that spawns smaller monsters, that attack the bank. Not only that, but the Yakuza own the bank and we're planning on taking the money. The main group will get out of Tokyo while avoiding Godzilla, the Yakuza, the armed forces and the enemy monster and it's spawn.

It's a lot of fun elements in it that I think would work, seeing as Toho want to try different things with Godzilla.

I like this idea because you’re trying something that hasn’t been done before. It’s more than just Godzilla vs. this or that monster.

I could see something like this having been done in the early ‘60s by Jun Fukuda.
Save All Dubs
奴はもう一度我々のために戦ってくれる。

Resized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:33 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I've got this idea for Godzilla movie rolling around my head for awhile now. This group of guys decide to rob the largest bank in Tokyo during one Godzilla's rampages. Thinking that any evidence, would be destroyed by him. But, things don't go to plan as Godzilla ends up fighting another monster that spawns smaller monsters, that attack the bank. Not only that, but the Yakuza own the bank and we're planning on taking the money. The main group will get out of Tokyo while avoiding Godzilla, the Yakuza, the armed forces and the enemy monster and it's spawn.

Ah, this is giving me some slight Dogora vibes. I like it!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:47 pm

I do think there should be a second attempt at a Godzilla Anime one day. If I were to pick anyone to helm it, I'd choose mangaka Hajime Iseyama of Attack on Titan fame and have him design the characters and help pen the script.

I also think it would be cool to see the Monsterverse tackle Gwangi. I imagine it be set in 1948, featuring the first expedition of the freshly-established Monarch involving them travelling into a hidden valley along the America-Mexico border. Among the cast of characters will be a young Randa.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:08 pm

LegendZilla wrote:I do think there should be a second attempt at a Godzilla Anime one day. If I were to pick anyone to helm it, I'd choose mangaka Hajime Iseyama of Attack on Titan fame and have him design the characters and help pen the script.

I also think it would be cool to see the Monsterverse tackle Gwangi. I imagine it be set in 1948, featuring the first expedition of the freshly-established Monarch involving them travelling into a hidden valley along the America-Mexico border. Among the cast of characters will be a young Randa.

I really hope they expand the IP beyond Godzilla if he's ever stalled due to Studio issues. They could really revive our classic U.S. monsters with that modern feel the current MV films have.

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:49 am

The only thing specifically I’d like to see, is a movie that is either a found footage/first person POV Godzilla film, or at least a film that 3rd person close follows a small group of people. The idea would be a film in which a Godzilla monster(s) attacks a city, and the group we follow tries to escape. Godzilla itself could be the antagonist, or the film could have a monster like Gigan or Hedorah appear, and towards the end a monster like Godzilla or Mothra could show up to fight the villainous Kaiju.

Perhaps the chracters could either be like everyone else, like the monster appears in the city without warning, or that most of the city has been evacuated, and for whatever reason, the characters we have chosen to follow have stayed behind. There could be a lot of fun set pieces and action, such as Gigan putting his buzzsaw through the building characters are in, and seeing the small group literally separated. A few images from Godzilla The Half Century War could come in, such as the group seeing a large armada of tanks advancing down a large wide Tokyo Street, only to see a beam suddenly strike them. Other ideas could be a team sent in to deactivate a beacon invented by terrorists, that draws monsters to a city. Again this is directly from HCW, but I think the idea would be awesome if it was shot from a first person perspective.

And yeah, a lot of this is similar to Cloverfield, but I think there’s a lot that could be done, especially if it was more directly in a Godzilla universe, where characters are aware that such a situation is a possibility. A lot of it mentally is based on a few specific scenes from Shin Godzilla where there’s brief POV shots. We’d also get a great sense of scale of the monsters. Of course I’d also want some monster action. It doesn’t need to be the most of any series, or even too drawn out, but actually the entire film could even take place during a singular big fight between Godzilla and another monster with the characters briefly watching the monsters fight for a few minutes at a time(when it would make sense in the moment why they’d feel safe or comfortable doing so).

A few Godzilla movies have done some of these ideas, slightly, like the Raymond burr 55, 1984 and even GMK, but I want the whole film to be that, and take place in one city. Maybe the movie could begin with a character in the morning getting ready for work, and you hear on the television something about an anomalous movement in the pacific.

The whole thing wouldn’t need to be “epic” or bullshit levels of complex, as are the other entries on this form, and in fact, could probably be done on the same budget and scale as Shin. I’d actually really love Toho to make a film like this.

Edit: my idea is similar to KingKevZilla88 and I like his idea a lot. I feel like a lot of people exist under the pretense that more monsters=better. I think some simpler stuff like his could work.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:54 pm

I'd be up for that.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
G-Grasper

Postby Mecha-SpaceGhidorah » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:37 am

Damn, so many great ones here.

I totally second the idea of a new American one heavy on the realities of the situation, the bank robbery idea, early Monarch Valley of Gwangi idea, and the eyes-on-ground/POV idea (but I do think that one would work best in a universe where Godzilla is already a known quantity, like what they did with Godzilla 2000.

P.S. I forgot the samurai idea. I absolutely loooove the idea of a grounded Godzilla movie set in feudal Japan.
Last edited by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
    ~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Return to “General Discussion”