User Name Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

User Name Thread

Postby Zarm » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:40 am

We've discussed the signatures, we've discussed the avatars. But sometimes, there's a story behind the names, too! How did you pick your username; what does it mean to you?

For me, I've always been an audio drama fan (the NPR Star Wars radio dramas, the Focus on the Family radio plays)- and as a young teen, I started writing my own Star Wars audio drama scripts. (Eventually, a decade later, I even managed to produce one). Zarm R'keeg was a rebel pilot- very much a Poe Dameron type- who had adventures defending the New Republic, alongside a jedi-in-training and a femme fatal rebel commando, against the machinations of an Imperial Grand Admiral.

The script wasn't great, and it never got made- but the name stuck with me. Between roleplaying games, audio dramas, and novels-in-progress, I've created a lot of fictional names- but Zarm R'keeg was my favorite. So, I kept it, as my standard internet pseudonym. (I've been told several times that it sounds middle eastern).

So, that's the story behind my user name- how about yours?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: User Name Thread

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:13 am

Well my first name is "Dawson", but that doesn't sound right to me so I go as "Daws". My Last Initial is "B".
"Firemind" comes from my MTG-playing days. My first deck was an 80-card Izzet deck with 14 lands (yes, I was that bad). The leader of the Izzet, as some know, is this guy:
So Dawsbfiremind was my first internet identity on the now-gone "Official MTG Forums". I just kept it later on Crunchyroll (through both my bannings) and, eventually, to here! The only website I don't go by it is DriveTribe, considering you have to use your real name there.

Bonus: My gaming name, "Higurashi_Ghoul" sometimes shortened to "Higu_Ghoul" comes from something I read whilst reading about the "Higurashi" series. One person postulated about a crossover with Tokyo Ghoul and said "Just imagine a Higurashi Ghoul". Well unfortunately he's a pale nerd writer with uncombed hair. I keep the name near-obsessively after all MicroVolts Surge servers went under in the hopes of coming across one of my friends from back then. (Tell me if you ever meet a "BaKatherine", "Pingyuu", "CuteDwitch", or "CookieDesu", and keep in mind my spelling and capitalization may be off.)
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:24 am

All of my usernames I've ever made involve combining Dr. Eggman with Godzilla.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:15 am

I like kaiju and I live in Canada. :|

Honestly, if I had been starting from scratch I would have picked something else. But it was my username on Kaiju Galaxy, a forum I frequented during my high school years, and I knew some of the people there were on here, so I figured I’d take advantage of what little name recognition I had and just keep it. Occasionally I still think about changing it.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:18 am

Well, MechaGodzilla is my favorite Godzilla antagonist, so I mixed part of his name with "Bro", and "7503" actually goes like "75, and 03" as in my two favorite MG designs: TOMG and SOS. Very original :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:29 am

A mix of an obscure DC villain and a type of berry.

UltimateDitto
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby UltimateDitto » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:41 am

UltramanGoji wrote:A mix of an obscure DC villain and a type of berry.

;)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:43 am

GodzillaFan for the fact well I'm a Godzilla fan and then 1990's because I was born in that decade.
My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:54 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Well, MechaGodzilla is my favorite Godzilla antagonist, so I mixed part of his name with "Bro", and "7503" actually goes like "75, and 03" as in my two favorite MG designs: TOMG and SOS. Very original :lol:

I actually never associated the numbers with a MechaGodzilla-related meaning. It all makes so much sense now, though! :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

UltimateDitto
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby UltimateDitto » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:10 am

My username is based off of Ben 10: Ultimate Alien and the whole Ultimate form naming scheme. (Ultimate Humungosaur, Ultimate Spidermonkey, etc.) Then Ditto from Pokemon, cuz he's my favorite. ;)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

alextheburger
Ronin

Postby alextheburger » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:27 am

my username has been my username since i was a little kid
burger is a family nickname and when my dad made me an AOL account when i was very little he called it alextheburger
it just kinda stuck
Last edited by alextheburger on Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S T E E L Y O U R S E L V E S !

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Evan
Alexander
Baker

Mostly, Evan A. Baker

For the forums, eabaker
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:34 pm

I spent several minutes trying, and failing, to come up with a username, then remembered there’s a few people here with the naming scheme of “Godzillavs[Blank]”, so I just ripped off- eh, I mean, borrowed that. Hey, it was either that or something stupid involving the word Username. Also Rayquaza’s one of my favorite Pokémon.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

godzilla98rules
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby godzilla98rules » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:47 pm

I mentioned my username before years ago, but here it is again:

Back in 2008 when I made my original Youtube channel, I was in a Godzilla 1998 craze and was a heavy defender of the design and character. (Those were dark times) I wanted to share that opinion in my username so godzilla98rules is what I chose. Over the years as my channel went from a Godzilla-themed figure channel to a digital painting channel, I wanted to change the name to something else, but godzilla98rules just stuck with me.......
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4HAZwFtUEJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:23 pm

Zarm wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Well, MechaGodzilla is my favorite Godzilla antagonist, so I mixed part of his name with "Bro", and "7503" actually goes like "75, and 03" as in my two favorite MG designs: TOMG and SOS. Very original :lol:

I actually never associated the numbers with a MechaGodzilla-related meaning. It all makes so much sense now, though! :)

:huge: I should've assumed yours was of Star Wars background!

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:33 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:

It's funny, because I really am a lot more of a Trekkie than a Star Wars fan in general practice. My involvement in Star Wars is deep, but mostly in the past. Except for an ongoing RPG and a complete re-read through of pre-NJO Legends a few years back, my involvement with Star Wars the last decade has been far more minimal. I'm a walking encyclopedia because I'm as incapable of forgetting a sci-fi detail as I sm at remembering useful real-world information, like what anything under the hood of my car does... but my involvement has been pretty passive and not that engage with the brand for the majority of my adult life. At least in comparison to the things that I actively pursue and follow new developments on.

But no one else on the forums seems to have equal interest or passion in discussing Trek, so it really makes me seem like the Star Wars fanatic that I was in the 90s rather than the guy that I tend to be today. :)

But hey, I met my wife over Star Wars, so I suppose it's not a terrible thing to be known for. :)
Last edited by Zarm on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Zarm wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:

It's funny, because I really am a lot more of a Trekkie than a Star Wars fan in general practice. My involvement in Star Wars is deep, but mostly in the past . Except for an ongoing RPG, my involvement with Star Wars the last decade has been far more minimal. But no one else on the forums seems to have equal interest or passion in discussing Trek, so it really makes me seem like the Star Wars fanatic that I was in the 90s rather than the guy that I tend to be today. :)

But hey, I met my wife over Star Wars, so I suppose it's not a terrible thing to be known for. :)

You met your wife over Star Wars? Aw that's awesome!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:40 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: :huge: I should've assumed yours was of Star Wars background!

It's funny, because I really am a lot more of a Trekkie than a Star Wars fan in general practice. My involvement in Star Wars is deep, but mostly in the past . Except for an ongoing RPG, my involvement with Star Wars the last decade has been far more minimal. But no one else on the forums seems to have equal interest or passion in discussing Trek, so it really makes me seem like the Star Wars fanatic that I was in the 90s rather than the guy that I tend to be today. :)

You met your wife over Star Wars? Aw that's awesome!

When I heard on her podcast that anyone who agreed that the original Krayt Dragon howl, pre-special edition, was the superior version, was her new best friend... I knew this was someone worth getting to know better. :)

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Keizer

Postby JAGzilla » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:12 pm

We definitely have another of these threads buried a few years back, but I guess there's no harm in a new one.

J-A-G are my initials, and I went by JAG on the Toonzone and Rebelscum forums for several years, along with a brief stint as KaijuKing on the Kaijuphile forums. When I stumbled into this hole I decided to maintain tradition, but added a '-zilla' because why not? It is, of course, a reference to His Majesty, rather than the iguana.

For the record, and because it occurs to me that it may be a question, it's intended to be pronounced as 'jag' as in 'jaguar', rather than the clunky J-A-G-zilla.

Bane
Ronin

Postby Bane » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:12 pm

Batman villain.
Member of the League of Shadows.

Return to “General Discussion”