What blew your mind today?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: What blew your mind today?

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:EVERYONE STOP.

Ok, so im sure the whole fandom knows of the theme Clair De Lune, the theme used in the KOTM trailer.
........ it's not the first time the theme was used in relation to a Godzilla movie!! TOMG originally used the theme in the cafe scene.
https://youtu.be/4tTPiQviZeg
Every one keeps going crazy over this and I'm sitting here being all like "great now I'm gonna be thinking about The Evil Within while watching this movie."

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

The fact that Overwatch has 29 playable heroes, and yet I can't go a single match without seeing a Widowmaker being played by some asshole using a mouse and keyboard on console.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

2004Zilla wrote:The fact that Overwatch has 29 playable heroes, and yet I can't go a single match without seeing a Widowmaker being played by some asshole using a mouse and keyboard on console.
Dat blue skin dough.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

2004Zilla wrote:The fact that Overwatch has 29 playable heroes, and yet I can't go a single match without seeing a Widowmaker being played by some asshole using a mouse and keyboard on console.

...huh. You know, that would actually go a long way in explaining the superhuman accuracy a lot of people seem to have. You have boosted my self-esteem, sir. Thank you.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

While I was out getting errands, I noticed in one of my college group chats that one of my classmates was thinking of buying a GameCube from a video game store located near my street. This piqued my interest. A video game store on my street? One that sells *freaking GameCubes?* Did they have original Xbox media as well? PS2s?

Well, of course, I had to check it out. I was already out and about with my car. A detour back home wouldn't hurt.

I walked into the store, a small, unassuming little thing hidden on the street. The first thing that I saw was, sure, enough, Original Xbox games. Peter Jackson's King Kong, Halo, Godzilla: Save the Earth, the original Star Wars Battlefront, among countless others. Next to them, an entire shelf of PS2 games that spanned the length of the entire store.

And that was only scratching the surface. Because in the next isle over, in near-pristine condition... was a mother fucking Atari 2600.

Several of them, in fact. And with them Nintendo Entertainment Systems, Super NESes, Sega Dreamcasts, Sega Genesis (Genesi?), Nintendo 64s, Playstation Ones, Gameboys, Gameboy Advances, PSPs, many more ancient consoles and game platforms I don't even recognize, and entire shelves of games for all of them!. This small, unassuming store only ten minutes away from my apartment had everything! I had never even seen a Super NES is my life before today, let alone everything else!

They also had Godzilla: Monster of Monsters. The original NES game.

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.

It was... a rather overwhelming experience to be honest. Holy shit, this day took one hell of a turn for me.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Claim the treasures. Claim them and protect them with your life.

Added in 5 days 22 hours 7 minutes 51 seconds:

This video is really cool and well done in general - what blew my mind is the fact that there were Indigenous Americans who remained independent of European (or their successors) conquest until the late 1880s. Although I guess if you count the uncontacted tribes in Brazil, there still are some who have remained independent!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Realizing in terms of Disney/Pixar movies with their overuse of tropes like Twist Villain and Pre-Climax argument they're pretty much becoming the next M. Night Shyamalan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Realizing in terms of Disney/Pixar movies with their overuse of tropes like Twist Villain and Pre-Climax argument they're pretty much becoming the next M. Night Shyamalan.
They.
Are.
Children's.
Movies.

Stop expecting them to be Casablanca.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Maritonic wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Realizing in terms of Disney/Pixar movies with their overuse of tropes like Twist Villain and Pre-Climax argument they're pretty much becoming the next M. Night Shyamalan.
They.
Are.
Children's.
Movies.

Stop expecting them to be Casablanca.
I'd just like to apologize for making that Shyamalan comparison in the first place.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Why the snot am I on this website? :lol:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: He does have pretty thicc thighs. He rivals Chun-Li's thighs.
I'd hit it.
You're the only true G-Fan.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Why the snot am I on this website? :lol:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: I'd hit it.
You're the only true G-Fan.
:lol: Glad me and The Professor could make someone laugh!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

You really need to stop looking at films as an intellectual exercise and trying to assese their hidden core value or traits and just go with the flow

Go back to the emotions/views and how you looked at films as a child. The adventure, the special effects awe, the immersion

Try to get back to the feelings and thoughts you had back as a child when you watched films

Trust me you'll enjoy everything a lot more when you just let go and let the immersion go in

Been where you are. It's not worth it nor is it fun
Last edited by ROMG4 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:Why the snot am I on this website? :lol:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: You're the only true G-Fan.
:lol: Glad me and The Professor could make someone laugh!
It's been an honor, MechaGoji Bro.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

This thing might be the most common vertebrate on Earth, with numbers in the quadrillions. I mean, I'm not surprised the most common vertebrate is a fish - but that fish? Look at that crazy thing!

Added in 2 days 5 hours 43 minutes 25 seconds:
I actually saw this years ago... but I did remember it today ;) . It's great when films you've seen a hundred times still have surprises for you.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

I just realized you can set breathing to manual or automatic. :shock:
goji89 wrote:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:I just realized you can set breathing to manual or automatic. :shock:
I hate that. Once you become conscious of it, it takes forever for your mind to get off of it and automatic breathing to resume... (Or maybe that's just me).
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Zarm wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:I just realized you can set breathing to manual or automatic. :shock:
I hate that. Once you become conscious of it, it takes forever for your mind to get off of it and automatic breathing to resume... (Or maybe that's just me).
No I do that too. :lol:
goji89 wrote:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

So do I, and now I'm on manual again. Thanks. -_-
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Zarm wrote:
No I do that too. :lol:
You guys *huhh* are crazy *huhh*. Don't know *huhhhh* what you're talking about *huhhhhhhh*.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

It’s actually bloody annoying when that happens. Like, Jesus lungs, I want YOU to do the work for me.

#BotM