What blew your mind today?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
xolta
GPN Volunteer

Re: What blew your mind today?

Post by xolta »

Today while mediating i had a small flash of enlightenment in this thought. Babies are the only people without civilization.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I just realized until now I watched 2004's Hellboy today on the same exact date when it was released 15 years ago. Quite the coincidence.

Added in 20 days 18 hours 23 minutes 13 seconds:
I just realized the more I thought about it that both Rampage and The Meg were basically just appetizers for all of us for when Godzilla: King of the Monsters rolled by.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I just realized the more I thought about it that both Rampage and The Meg were basically just appetizers for all of us for when Godzilla: King of the Monsters rolled by.
That definitely wasn't the intent though you can definitely see them that way. They are proof that giant monsters are making a comeback
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

G2000 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I just realized the more I thought about it that both Rampage and The Meg were basically just appetizers for all of us for when Godzilla: King of the Monsters rolled by.
That definitely wasn't the intent though you can definitely see them that way. They are proof that giant monsters are making a comeback
I was surprised to hear The Meg did those kinds of numbers, I figured it'd be the basic run of the mill shark flick but yeah seeing how well it did, giant monsters are definitely making a comeback

Added in 16 minutes 32 seconds:
So technically this blew my mind yesterday, but it was late at night so it kinda qualifies. Shout out to Michael Dougherty.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

_JNavs_ wrote:So technically this blew my mind yesterday, but it was late at night so it kinda qualifies. Shout out to Michael Dougherty.
I didn’t say it last night but I remember when you posted that the first time a while back, it’s pretty good. Hope you get around to finishing it someday
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

G2000 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:So technically this blew my mind yesterday, but it was late at night so it kinda qualifies. Shout out to Michael Dougherty.
I didn’t say it last night but I remember when you posted that the first time a while back, it’s pretty good. Hope you get around to finishing it someday
Thank you! Yeah with Summer coming up I'll definitely have some free time to get it done, plus between the post KOTM hype and the inevitable God vs Kong hype I'll definitely feel obligated to get that (and maybe even a proper GvKK sketch) done.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Damn, Jnavs, that's amazing!

Your art is pretty great as well. I'm loving the textures.

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Damn, Jnavs, that's amazing!

Your art is pretty great as well. I'm loving the textures.
Thank you! Yeah I was surprised he liked it, but I was even more surprised that he liked it within 5 minutes of me posting the tweet!

There's an HD pic of the sketch in the G2 Speculation thread on pg. 1013 (right before the new trailer kicked off 8 new pages of discussion :lol: ) where you can get a clearer idea of the different textures going on. It was tedious, but with effort comes reward, now I still need to retexture big G and get rid of his third arm lol, but I'm glad the texture is on the right track :D

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

G2000 wrote:That definitely wasn't the intent though you can definitely see them that way. They are proof that giant monsters are making a comeback
Which makes me happy honestly. They might not become the next big thing after superheroes (Which won't be going away anytime soon) but they're surely making a comeback at this point. ;)

Added in 9 days 18 hours 36 minutes 5 seconds:
I just realized until now that Thanos' goal in the MCU was nothing more but MCU Ultron's goal but on a much grander scale.

Added in 28 days 17 minutes 37 seconds:
Apparently found out I'm 25% German from my mom's side. My grandfather who passed away a few years back was actually my step-grandfather who was Finnish.

Also found out Doughterty and I made the same comparisons to G14 and KotM with Alien (1979) and Aliens (1986).

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Spent the last week or so viewing the history of the Godzilla fandom as it has existed on the Internet. Tried finding all the boards I made, et cetera. Double dose of nostalgia. I wonder what it is that contributes to the death of a thriving internet community. Oh, how times have changed.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

shadowgigan wrote:Spent the last week or so viewing the history of the Godzilla fandom as it has existed on the Internet. Tried finding all the boards I made, et cetera. Double dose of nostalgia. I wonder what it is that contributes to the death of a thriving internet community. Oh, how times have changed.
i mean, the Legendary vs Shin debate sure put in a dent. even before that there was the Meltdowns that happened when 2014 came out. even before then in the 2000s there was arguments with vs debates.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

What is interesting to me is the different communities that existed around the time of GFW and followed it's development. You had Tokyo Monsters, Kaijuphile, Gojistomp, the notorious Maser City, and of course Toho Kingdom. Out of these sites, only TK managed to sustain itself.

Of course, opinions were divided in the past, a trend I predict will continue. It's interesting to see how the kaiju fandom will evolve in the Social Media era.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I remember during the hype for Final Wars, as part of an April Fools prank, Kaijuphile posted a picture of Monster X colored gold with wings. This of course was months before Keiser Ghidorah was even revealed.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

https://screenrant.com/aquaman-movie-bl ... illmonger/

TFW Aquaman is just Black Panther but with an oceanic theme.

-Rightful heirs of the throne, check.
-Said heroes must fight an relative of theirs for the throne, check.
-Ancient advanced civilization who keeps themselves hidden from the world, check.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:14 am, edited 7 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Oh, this'll be good.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

https://screenrant.com/aquaman-movie-bl ... illmonger/

TFW Aquaman is just Black Panther but with an oceanic theme.

-Rightful heirs of the throne, check.
-Said heroes must fight an relative of theirs for the throne, check.
-Ancient advanced civilization who keeps themselves hidden from the world, check.
People were saying this shit in 2018, how is it blowing your mind now?

Also, they're still completely different movies. One's a fantasy adventure in the vein of old pulp stories while the other uses an Afrofuturism theme to discuss race issues.

But they have two fancy kings fight so, obviously the same.

RIP Evan.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

I've been here for 4 years :freak:
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Watching the first Fast and Furious film. It still blows my mind how it went from stealing vehicle parts, boosting DVD-TV combos from the vehicles and race car driving to international super spies saving the world and fighting a submarine with cars to now even enhanced superhuman beings as shown in Hobbs & Shaw? But most of all an franchise with all those that can now compete with the MCU and Star Wars of all things.

But most of all though how said series can compete up there with Star Wars and the MCU of all franchises in the box office.

*Mind blown*

So dumb but in a good way. That's what I skreeonking love The Fast and the Furious franchise. :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I just realized that gators death rolls are natures IRL fatality, that is a finishing move.

SoggyNoodles2016

there have been 13 different Spider-People on film in the past 17 years.

RIP Evan.