Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by Stump Feet »

I’m glad you think so, and we’re glad to have you. This place has gotten a bad rep over the years but the memebers are really insightful and funny if you know how to tread around here
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Aww, thanks! I appreciate it. uwu

Not like there's many options for kaiju communities anyway, either here or r/godzilla which is... Ew.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I quite like this place too! Trolls..honestly this place is the least bad when it comes to Godzilla related troll threads,and everyone mostly gets along fine compared to others. If the early days weren't so bad, i honestly don't think this place wouldn't have that bad of a reputation.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Say what you will about the early days, they sure were interesting and entertaining.
Long Live The Sting

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

I found this place to be pretty cool to.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Only thing that bothers me is it seems a lot less active than the good ol’ days.
Long Live The Sting

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Stump Feet wrote:Only thing that bothers me is it seems a lot less active than the good ol’ days.
Its not that bad, the first site I ever joined (Japan Legends) is just a shadow of what it apparently used to be. But then they are a fansite based around a single Manga/Anime series who development slowed and is currently on an long hiatus if it comes back at all. Godzilla fans are lucky since the big G is such a big franchise, as is Toho.
Last edited by Monster X on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Stump Feet wrote:Only thing that bothers me is it seems a lot less active than the good ol’ days.
It's definitely slowed down and become considerably duller over the years, unfortunately. The new blood missed the pre-Shin days where there was a huge amount of hustle and bustle, even without a new film coming out.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Very true, this place use to be a jungle back in 2009-2011 and so on, such a shame so much of it died out.

Even with the MonsterVerse films coming out, I’m surprised we haven’t got a slew of new users yet.

I’d hate to see this place dry up but it certainly seems that way compared to how I remember it
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

UltramanGoji wrote:
It's definitely slowed down and become considerably duller over the years, unfortunately. The new blood missed the pre-Shin days where there was a huge amount of hustle and bustle, even without a new film coming out.
The site has always had it's ups and downs. If there ever was an "golden era", it would been before the new movies came out.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Definitely agree.
Funny how that is though.
Long Live The Sting

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I think dedicated fansites and forums like this have generally died out in favor of things like subreddits and “big tent” forums and such, though there are exceptions

At least we’re still alive and somewhat active, which is more than you can say for other sites like Rodan’s Roost, Kaijuphile, etc,
Even Barry’s Temple seems to have finally croaked after G’14
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

G2000 wrote:I think dedicated fansites and forums like this have generally died out in favor of things like subreddits and “big tent” forums and such, though there are exceptions

At least we’re still alive and somewhat active, which is more than you can say for other sites like Rodan’s Roost, Kaijuphile, etc,
Even Barry’s Temple seems to have finally croaked after G’14
Ironic since in the past a new film or video game meant more activity on the forums and new members.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Living Corpse wrote:Ironic since in the past a new film or video game meant more activity on the forums and new members.
I still remember when the fandom was so content-starved everyone was hyped for Unleashed
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Shiit ton of users here but only about 30 or 50 are really active? I mean.......its the same people with the same fucking problems.......

Yes even me.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Whoops wrong thread*
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

You guys are a bunch of easily pissed off and overly enthusiastic fanboys and I love each and every one of you.

Stay crazy, TK. :thumbsup:

RIP Evan.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Fish Cakes wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I'm calling it now, this is not it.
Calling what? What is not what? I'm unsure what you mean. :?.
Ya know the chief meme? Goes something like "Chief called, this aint it."? I was beating that dead horse. It's all good though, just messing around.

I love you guys too, you new guys fit right in. Try the calamari.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'd say we probably have closer to a hundred active members at any given time, but a lot of similar names that kind of run together, and a lot of people that don't post super often. We really have gotten a decent number of new members lately, but old ones are constantly leaving/being banned to balance the numbers out.

And yeah, this place really is great. Not in its prime anymore, but there was a lot of bad that came with the action, back in the day. It's calmer and more welcoming, now. We don't have anyone actively trying to run off new members.

And I didn't realize you were a returning member, Stump Feet. What was your old name?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

This is technically my first official account but I'd been lurking here on a daily basis since the site first started in the mid 2000's. I've also been closely tied to numerous veteran users whom no longer post here anymore and on few occasions, shared GFW info and answered questions when it first came out by using their accounts to post from as I was one of the first few who managed to see it before others had.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting