Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by goji89 »

I'm crazy on my own.....I'd fear what the hell I'd be like with psychedelics, scary stuff.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote:I'm crazy on my own.....I'd fear what the hell I'd be like with psychedelics, scary stuff.
Posting on Toho Kingdom comes to mind.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote:I'm crazy on my own.....I'd fear what the hell I'd be like with psychedelics, scary stuff.
Back in college, some friends were looking through one of my trip journals, and one of them told me, "This is just the kind of stuff you say all the time, anyway."
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Posting on Toho Kingdom comes to mind.
Fo sho.
eabaker wrote: Back in college, some friends were looking through one of my trip journals, and one of them told me, "This is just the kind of stuff you say all the time, anyway."
Different trips bro......like I said, you seem like a mellow dude from the get go.....me not so much. I once tried weed, weeeed, and got so high and paranoid I jumped a chain linked fence and ran across a football field fearing the cops were on my ass, I felt them tug my shirt...... :lol: . I'm crazy enough without the groovy trips. If I were to drop acid, oh boy I'd be chomping on my own leg or humping the neighbors pitbull and fight his mail box to the death.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote:
eabaker wrote: Back in college, some friends were looking through one of my trip journals, and one of them told me, "This is just the kind of stuff you say all the time, anyway."
Different trips bro......like I said, you seem like a mellow dude from the get go.....me not so much. I once tried weed, weeeed, and got so high and paranoid I jumped a chain linked fence and ran across a football field fearing the cops were on my ass, I felt them tug my shirt...... :lol: . I'm crazy enough without the groovy trips. If I were to drop acid, oh boy I'd be chomping on my own leg or humping the neighbors pitbull and fight his mail box to the death.
Yikes. Wow.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote: Yikes. Wow.
:lol: ....yup. As to why I stay off drugs. Some people can handle them others not so much.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

goji89 wrote:And yes I kill cows in front of them and go at it like a starved step child...... :lol: .....
:lol: :lol: .... im in tears right now :lol: . What's funnier is I was about to say the same thing.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
goji89 wrote:And yes I kill cows in front of them and go at it like a starved step child...... :lol: .....
:lol: :lol: .... im in tears right now :lol: . What's funnier is I was about to say the same thing.
:shock: ...... you have a twisted funny bone bro, I like it.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

In the wake of the Las Vegas shooting, as expected, the Gun Control crowd is howling again. So, I'm going to do what might be considered unpopular right now - and slam them down, right into the dirt...

Gun control is NOT people control, so it does not work. Guns have always been available illegally, and always WILL, as criminals do not obey laws. The passage of gun control laws has been proven NOT to work. St. Louis has the highest violent crime rate in the country, with Detroit coming in at number two. Chicago & Washington DC follow closely. ALL of these cities have very restrictive gun laws. Yet, the largest city in Texas, Houston, has a much lower violent crime rate, despite much more permissive gun laws. Nutjobs - including terrorists - will always find a way to commit mayhem, gun laws or not. What happened in Vegas could've been done with a few homemade bombs - it just happened that the loony used guns, and not something else. Get rid of guns completely( which isn't feasible - criminals, remember? )and people will start using bows & arrows, or crossbows, again. Or make bombs, which is far more likely, AND you can't stop people from making bombs, as all you need are the right household chemicals, in the right amounts, and =BOOM=. The point is, that EVIL will always find a way to wreak havoc, and keeping guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens will NOT stop it. But it could have the opposite effect, and EMPOWER it. Then, dark days will truly be upon us...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

They don't want to take away your precious killing machines. They want better screening for the mentally unstable loons that can easily afford them. Sure they may get them but it'll be a bit more difficult to get because you have to find a guy who knows a guy to be able to get them as opposed to going to your neighborhood friendly gun shop and walking out with them like buying freaking candy.

I'm all for gun control by way of making bullets expensive as all hell, that way you can keep your guns and they don't infringe on your rights. But bullets should be $1,000 for each one and more for high caliber ones. One can buy a gun and still have to pay for the bullets for that gun, they are not a packaged deal (well in some places). Increase the price on the bullets.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote: I'm all for gun control by way of making bullets expensive as all hell, that way you can keep your guns and they don't infringe on your rights. But bullets should be $1,000 for each one and more for high caliber ones. One can buy a gun and still have to pay for the bullets for that gun, they are not a packaged deal (well in some places). Increase the price on the bullets.
No, please! Hunting season's almost here! MEAT dude MEAT!
goji89 wrote:

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

MandaSaurus wrote:In the wake of the Las Vegas shooting, as expected, the Gun Control crowd is howling again. So, I'm going to do what might be considered unpopular right now - and slam them down, right into the dirt...

Gun control is NOT people control, so it does not work. Guns have always been available illegally, and always WILL, as criminals do not obey laws. The passage of gun control laws has been proven NOT to work. St. Louis has the highest violent crime rate in the country, with Detroit coming in at number two. Chicago & Washington DC follow closely. ALL of these cities have very restrictive gun laws. Yet, the largest city in Texas, Houston, has a much lower violent crime rate, despite much more permissive gun laws. Nutjobs - including terrorists - will always find a way to commit mayhem, gun laws or not. What happened in Vegas could've been done with a few homemade bombs - it just happened that the loony used guns, and not something else. Get rid of guns completely( which isn't feasible - criminals, remember? )and people will start using bows & arrows, or crossbows, again. Or make bombs, which is far more likely, AND you can't stop people from making bombs, as all you need are the right household chemicals, in the right amounts, and =BOOM=. The point is, that EVIL will always find a way to wreak havoc, and keeping guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens will NOT stop it. But it could have the opposite effect, and EMPOWER it. Then, dark days will truly be upon us...
The fact that America and third world shitholes are the only places in the world where this stuff consistently happens pretty much proves that out gun laws/culture surrounding guns is backwards.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
goji89 wrote: I'm all for gun control by way of making bullets expensive as all hell, that way you can keep your guns and they don't infringe on your rights. But bullets should be $1,000 for each one and more for high caliber ones. One can buy a gun and still have to pay for the bullets for that gun, they are not a packaged deal (well in some places). Increase the price on the bullets.
The grocery store says Hi. It's a convenient place where you don't have to go through the hassle. You want to go early hunting well the grocery stores open at 6 a.m if you want to stalk your prey go wait in the parking lot at 5 and wait for them to open, you want to wear camo you can, you want to have your gun, shit most states have laws where you can open carry. Win, Win. But wait, you want to see the prey to look you in the eye as you kill it, go drive to the roads of the woods and hit a deer (those fuckers will look at you like a deer staring at your headlights). Like the smell of gun powder in the morning go to a shooting range early. You want to feel like a man, a big strong man like the times of old where it's man vs nature kill a bear or a big ass moose without the use of a high powered rifle from a safe distance........ :lol:

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:
The grocery store says Hi. It's a convenient place where you don't have to go through the hassle. You want to go early hunting well the grocery stores open at 6 a.m if you want to stalk your prey go wait in the parking lot at 5 and wait for them to open, you want to wear camo you can, you want to have your gun, Hedorah most states have laws where you can open carry. Win, Win. But wait, you want to see the prey to look you in the eye as you kill it, go drive to the roads of the woods and hit a deer (those skreeonkers will look at you like a deer staring at your headlights). Like the smell of gun powder in the morning go to a shooting range early. You want to feel like a man, a big strong man like the times of old where it's man vs nature kill a bear or a big ass moose without the use of a high powered rifle from a safe distance........ :lol:
:lol: Oh don't worry, those newfangled things made it out here recently.
But believe me, we don't hunt for the early morning Hedorah (those that do are locked up in white rooms). We do it for the quality dude-brah. Big, tender, backstrap and a 5-foot thing of ribs. Mm-mm. Nothin' like messing with innards in the wee hours when you're tired and pretty sure a Sasquatch is stalking you. Can't get that at a grocery store. (Unless we're talking Wal-Mart or Lawrence Brothers.)
goji89 wrote:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

goji89 wrote:They don't want to take away your precious killing machines. They want better screening for the mentally unstable loons that can easily afford them. Sure they may get them but it'll be a bit more difficult to get because you have to find a guy who knows a guy to be able to get them as opposed to going to your neighborhood friendly gun shop and walking out with them like buying freaking candy.

I'm all for gun control by way of making bullets expensive as all hell, that way you can keep your guns and they don't infringe on your rights. But bullets should be $1,000 for each one and more for high caliber ones. One can buy a gun and still have to pay for the bullets for that gun, they are not a packaged deal (well in some places). Increase the price on the bullets.
Obviously you've never tried to buy an illegal gun off the street. It's not much harder than buying illegal drugs. The Las Vegas loon would've bought them illegally, if he couldn't legally...

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

MandaSaurus wrote: Obviously you've never tried to buy an illegal gun off the street. It's not much harder than buying illegal drugs. The Las Vegas loon would've bought them illegally, if he couldn't legally...
A store I used to work at regularly got people off the street trying to sell their guns. It wasn't at all uncommon for people to try to sell guns with defaced serial numbers and no background documents. We wouldn't take them, but yeah. It happens a lot.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
goji89 wrote:They don't want to take away your precious killing machines. They want better screening for the mentally unstable loons that can easily afford them. Sure they may get them but it'll be a bit more difficult to get because you have to find a guy who knows a guy to be able to get them as opposed to going to your neighborhood friendly gun shop and walking out with them like buying freaking candy.

Obviously you've never tried to buy an illegal gun off the street. It's not much harder than buying illegal drugs. The Las Vegas loon would've bought them illegally, if he couldn't legally...
Nope, don't need a gun. Never used one, don't plan on ever using one. I couldn't care less for the right to bare arms. I always say that if you want so desperately to use a gun join the military....Or become a police officer.

I just don't understand WHY people are so hung up on owning guns. But hey, it's an the Amendment sooooo, meh. I just wouldnt loose sleep over it, if they did away with it.
Last edited by goji89 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

goji89 wrote:Nope, don't need a gun. Never used one, don't plan on ever using one. I couldn't care less for the right to bare arms. I always say that if you want so desperately to use a gun join the military....Or become a police officer.

I just don't understand WHY people are so hung up on owning guns. But hey, it's an the Amendment sooooo, meh. I just wouldnt loose sleep over it, if they did away with it.

The concern is- as it was when England was opressing- that the government could become a tyranny, trying to oppress its people- and the right to bear arms with which any revolution against this unjust government might be opposed is one of the ways it keeps people under its thumb.

I think there are valid challenges to that principle as applied to mdoern society, certainly (as well as valid defenses of carrying a weapon), but that is the reason. (Likewise, for self-defense, especially in case of home invasion).

People don't want to own guns just because they like making things go boom, believe me; the first step in bridging a divided issue is to recognize (as I've found to be true in every issue where the opponent's position is foriegn even to the point of being inhuman, to me) that very few people do things without reasons that are valid, to them. And the only way to engage and change minds is to understand those reasons and address them.

For my part, I would suggest two things:
-That in my opinion, the right to bear arms does not need to extend to automatic weaponry (in that I understand all the reasons articulated behind owning a gun, but I can't think of a one of them that a rapid-fire weapon (and forgive me, I'm sure I'm butchering the terminology) can address where a lesser weapon can't except perhaps fear of a government tyranny... in which case, realistically, the government has a lot more manpower and firepower to bring to bear anyhow)

-That I do recognize the statistics in regards to armed citizens actually helping prevent tragedies of shootings. If it were possible to eliminate all guns from the world, then doing so would be to our benefit, I think- but barring the ability to do that, giving the citizens a means to defend themselves against those criminals that would use guns, if they so choose, is a right that they deserve. (Personally, I don't think that I ever would, or could, and would go so far as to suggest that I don't think that Christ gave us the option of taking lives, even to preserve our own (possibly to preserve others'? I've heard the arguments, not entirely sure)... but outside of those religious convictions, I can't think of a concrete reasoning in which removing the right to bear arms would be just. However, as mentioned above, I certainly think that above a certain class of gun, there's no need to be putting these things in civilian hands...)

But that's just my two cents, and I know that wiser heads that mine will debate the issue and probably have more nuanced points.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Guns are useless in a country with the strongest military in the world. A bunch of rednecks aren't gonna defend themselves very well. See: the civil war.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I prefer tooth and claw as opposed to pew pew behind a wall in my opinion but those days are long done
your source of self destruction