Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Ah. Admittedly I’m not super familiar with ES lore, this was all just stuff I absorbed from the game itself, so I’ll take your word for it. Either way, I agree that the Empire are the better faction. I join them every time.

All the races in The Elder Scrolls mistrust others. Especially the Dark Elves that you said the Stormcloaks mistrust. Play Morrowind and you'll see quite a bit of that in a rather large percentage of the native population. They not only hate non-Dunmer. They even hate Dunmer that are not from Morrowind.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

goji89 wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:Am I the only one who thinks those big, inflatable outdoor Christmas or Halloween decorations are ugly and tacky?
Yes. And your ugly and tacky yet we dont pop in here and post about it....do we?

Inflates giant penguin with santa hat.....Yeah biatch, I have several.
Yeah, well... well, your mom is ugly and tacky! Times infinity! Ha, you can't top that so I win!
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

JAGzilla wrote: Yeah, well... well, your mom is ugly and tacky! Times infinity! Ha, you can't top that so I win!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Brawl was better than Melee.

Added in 20 hours 49 minutes 37 seconds:
Someone else needs to post an unpopular opinion so I don't seem like such an edgelord. I'm not being excessive for double posting, this is all the rest of you guys' fault.

Anywho...

The best Star Trek uniforms are hands down the pre-TNG ones from Khan to Undiscovered country. The TOS ones are a close second, but damn if those red tunics aren't awesome.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Brawl was better than Melee.

Someone else needs to post an unpopular opinion so I don't seem like such an edgelord. I'm not being excessive for double posting, this is all the rest of you guys' fault.

Anywho...

The best Star Trek uniforms are hands down the pre-TNG ones from Khan to Undiscovered country. The TOS ones are a close second, but damn if those red tunics aren't awesome.
YES! That is correct. Although I'd pick a different second-place. :) (Probably the season 5 TNG uniforms, including Picard's snazzy leather jacket overlay).
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Brawl was better than Melee.

Anywho...

YES! That is correct. Although I'd pick a different second-place. :) (Probably the season 5 TNG uniforms, including Picard's snazzy leather jacket overlay).
I think I like the simplicity of the TOS pastel look, the chequered thing that the TNG ones have going is a bit much for me - they also always just seem so uncomfortable. But hey, that's just me. The red tunic, though, is the best of both worlds. Simple, yet sharp, not overly martial, yet still authoritative.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

SAO is better than post time skip One Piece.

Dragon ball GT, Zamasu arc, and Tournament of Power arc of Dragon ball super are better than Buu saga arc.

Goku does not deserve all the hate the dragon ball community throws at him during the Tournament of Power arc.

I don't hate Jar Jar binks and find him more tolerable than Dobby, Quark from DS9, and the whole minions series.

Star Trek Into Darkness is better than Star Trek First Contact.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

darthzilla99 wrote:Star Trek Into Darkness is better than Star Trek First Contact.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooo...

I may have just lost a portion of life force. Quick, I need a health pack!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
darthzilla99 wrote:Star Trek Into Darkness is better than Star Trek First Contact.

Wait, what? Into Darkness? Are you sure you don't mean Beyond? I still wouldn't agree, but I could at least see the case.

But Into Darkness?

...And Quark? You find Quark that annoying?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

darthzilla99 wrote: Dragon ball GT, Zamasu arc, and Tournament of Power arc of Dragon ball super are better than Buu saga arc.
I consider myself pretty laid back and value most opinions.....but this one, this one has got to be one of thee most....fucked up one I have read and.....My God. I hate you so much right now.
darthzilla99 wrote: Goku does not deserve all the hate the dragon ball community throws at him during the Tournament of Power arc.

Surely you cant be serious? Goku in ToP came off as obnoxious and arrogant than ever.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

… do people not like Dobby? Is hating him a thing? Don't make me lose faith in humanity here, guys...

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

JAGzilla wrote:… do people not like Dobby? Is hating him a thing? Don't make me lose faith in humanity here, guys...
I just hate Harry Potter in general
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

JAGzilla wrote:… do people not like Dobby? Is hating him a thing? Don't make me lose faith in humanity here, guys...
I know the exact date and time, down to the hour and minute when I lost faith in humanity.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:27 pm
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Zarm wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

Wait, what? Into Darkness? Are you sure you don't mean Beyond? I still wouldn't agree, but I could at least see the case.

But Into Darkness?

Yes I do mean Into Darkness (Beyond is the worst of the Abrams movies and is about as bad as Generations and Insurrection). And to help articulate my point, here is a video of one of my favorite barbell strengths couches gives his thoughts on Ridley Scott movies and also why he thinks Beyond and the first Abrams Star Trek are crap movies but at the same time thinks Into Darkness is a good movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCI0WG2wIaU
He starts talking about movies at the 15 minute mark.

My problem for First Contact is why did the Borg wait until getting close to Earth before time traveling? Why not use one of the cubes or small ships to slingshot around a random star somewhere where there was no resistance and then head to Earth in the past so as to encounter minimal fighting (Heck why not just travel back in time and meet up with the past collective hive mind to gain an advantage? If a bird of prey can time travel by slingshot around a star, I don't see why a simple small borg ship can't do the same?)? Especially since Picard was part of the collective hive mind and now has knowledge on their tech and weaknesses? Also I find benedict cumberbatch acting excellent and his crying tears scene was equal quality acting as Patrick Stewarts acting during Picards mental breakdown in First Contact.

As far as Quark vs. Jar Jar goes, the worst Jar Jar had was a fart joke while Quark stooped down to getting a Sex change and making out with another male ferengi. That's just one reason among others. Also, the ferengi race have the most irritating voices of all Star Trek characters. They either have slightly screeching tones or they sound like they have food in their mouths while talking like Nog. Not to mention it was annoying how in the beginning of DS9 most episodes where Quark and other Ferengi get into trouble because of a failed get rich quick scheme and Otto or Sisko have to save them.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

darthzilla99 wrote:
Zarm wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:

But Into Darkness?

Yes I do mean Into Darkness (Beyond is the worst of the Abrams movies and is about as bad as Generations and Insurrection). And to help articulate my point, here is a video of one of my favorite barbell strengths couches gives his thoughts on Ridley Scott movies and also why he thinks Beyond and the first Abrams Star Trek are crap movies but at the same time thinks Into Darkness is a good movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCI0WG2wIaU
He starts talking about movies at the 15 minute mark.
I just feel so opposite about Abram’s interpretation of Star Trek. Too much action, not enough thought and philosophy. Star Trek 2009 is a sort of a very well made film in general terms and so gets kind of a pass from me, and I think maybe it’s action-adventure approach works okay as like baptism of fire for these characters when they’re first starting out, plus I love the cast, but Into Darkness? Come on, man. They just did Wrath of Khan again only the Call of Duty bro boom boom explosion version, rather than the thrilling tactical cat and mouse game the original was.

Although, I guess I’ll give you that I also don’t think First Contact is like amazing or anything - but I do think Into Darkenss is worse.

EDIT: sorry didn’t read the whole thing where you said you only liked into darkness out of the Abrams films.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

darthzilla99 wrote:
Dragon ball GT, Zamasu arc, and Tournament of Power arc of Dragon ball super are better than Buu saga arc.

Goku does not deserve all the hate the dragon ball community throws at him during the Tournament of Power arc.
Damn, that really sounds unpopular :) I don't know how much praise or criticism the Zamasu and ToP arc get in the DB community, but aside from Vegeta's character I don't think Super is good at all, in fact, I think it is the epitome of poor fanservice done just for money and ruining everything good about DB and DBZ. At least GT tried to bring something different to the table, plus the ending was very emotional as well.

Zamasu arc is Super's attempt at being serious and edgy but it fails because of inconsistencies, poor character work (especially Zamasu and Black Goku) and plot-holes, while the ToP arc is probably the best arc of the show, but its still pretty mediocre with bland to bad new characters, a messed-up scale of power (that could apply to the Zamasu arc as well), Goku being the most annoying and arrogant than he ever was (at least in DB and DBZ he was innocent and dumb, but brave and serious when the situation was needed for) and a meh ending.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Buu saga arc is the best DB arc ever, but I still could put it above GT and Super as well.
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

G2000 wrote:
I just hate Harry Potter in general

I'm obligated now to ask whether you've read the books, because they really do kick the crap out of the movies. Assuming your opinion is based on the movies, anyway...

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Buu is my favorite Dragonball character. Not just villain but character. I love Buu!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Rap is unfitting for MK trailers. Stop trying to make it work.

Fight me in Mortal Kombat, bros.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Buu is my favorite Dragonball character. Not just villain but character. I love Buu!
Mine too! Especially Kid Buu.

1.Kid Buu
2.Cell
3. Frieza