Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote:Or the Hulk dying from a heart attack from raging out.
I would take it for granted that is how the Hulk would probably die.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I'm not very excited for Endgame. Something about it, isn't doing it for me.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I'm not very excited for Endgame. Something about it, isn't doing it for me.
Same. Personally, based off what I've read and how it's looking, I just don't think it can follow up Infinity War satisfyingly

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Well, you know they're not revealing much of anything meaningful in the trailers. IW outright fabricated a lot of the trailer material, and the same is likely true here. I've only watched the first trailer, though, so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

For me, I think the hype's not really there because... well, this is part two. The hype was all sort of building to this incredible crescendo with Infinity War, and we didn't really know what to expect beyond 'Thanos shows up and gets the Stones. Action and team-ups ensue.' And now we're there, we have the first half of the story told, and this'll be the part where the heroes all come together and, likely with some big-name casualties, find a way to save the day. The details are still shrouded in mystery, of course, and I'm sure it'll be a total freaking blast to watch, but it just can't help but feel less exciting than the run-up to Infinity War was.

Also, some big, radioactive lizards and a bug are kinda hogging all the damn hype for themselves. Don't they know there's only so much to go around? Jackasses.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Giant Claw could eat Godzilla up for breakfast, don't @ me.

Look at this absolute unit.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Giant Claw could eat Godzilla up for breakfast, don't @ me.

First the trains got revenge on Godzilla, now this thing's getting revenge for the Giant Condor.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

First the trains got revenge on Godzilla, now this thing's getting revenge for the Giant Condor.
Yes. It's finally Godzillas Day of Reckoning.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

What next? Negative reviews? The box office?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

https://i.imgur.com/aHLhQbf.jpg
Andrew Borntreger wrote:Someday, Hollywood is going to remake this film, with lots slick CGI special effects and a well-known actor or two. The bird will probably be a fiery extraterrestrial phoenix whose passing turns cities into raging infernos.
Considering that it seems Dougherty took at least some inspiration from The Giant Claw for his depiction of Rodan (or at least paid some homage to it) it's funny how badmovies.org turned out to be right after a fashion
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: First the trains got revenge on Godzilla, now this thing's getting revenge for the Giant Condor.
What next? Negative reviews? The box office?
Critics

Added in 31 seconds:
G2000 wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/aHLhQbf.jpg
Andrew Borntreger wrote:Someday, Hollywood is going to remake this film, with lots slick CGI special effects and a well-known actor or two. The bird will probably be a fiery extraterrestrial phoenix whose passing turns cities into raging infernos.
Considering that it seems Dougherty took at least some inspiration from The Giant Claw for his depiction of Rodan (or at least paid some homage to it) it's funny how badmovies.org turned out to be right after a fashion
That's actually hilarious how on the money they were with that concept :lol: :lol:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

King K. Rool IMO is by far the best Nintendo villain. He's even better than Bowser and by far among my most favorite villains ever.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Sonic The Hedgehog > Super Mario.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Shin Giant Claw > Shin Godzilla

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Goji89 continuing the Marvel thing after Eabaker's post was the best thing I've ever read
Image Image

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I'm not very excited for Endgame. Something about it, isn't doing it for me.
Captain marvel kinda killed my hype for that movie.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

It's the trailers for "Godzilla: King Of The Monsters".
Last edited by MikeSTZillak on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Lmao Nick Fury losing his eye to that was absolutely pathetic.

Characters and real life war heroes having iconic scars given to them from mundane tasks is more interesting than some epic battle in a war imo. Example: WWII Us General George S. Patton had only one scar from the military. All of the rest of his scars were from playing football or riding horses, which is more interesting and fun than say a samurai getting his eye slashed out by his greatest rival samurai.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

darthzilla99 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Lmao Nick Fury losing his eye to that was absolutely pathetic.

Characters and real life war heroes having iconic scars given to them from mundane tasks is more interesting than some epic battle in a war imo. Example: WWII Us General George S. Patton had only one scar from the military. All of the rest of his scars were from playing football or riding horses, which is more interesting and fun than say a samurai getting his eye slashed out by his greatest rival samurai.
Imo if someone tells me "yeah I got this scar on my eye from a soccer game when the ball hit me in the head", I really wouldn't care nor find it as interesting as someone that tells me "Yeah I just got my eye slashed out by my greatest samurai rival".

Especially in comic books and films where things are normally portrayed as larger than life.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I understand what they are saying......Since these guys lives revolve around explosions, wars and fights having them get hurt by something as small as a cat means more....similar to how we live boring mundane lives and for us to have a Samurai sword fight and loosing an eye would be the tremendous.....for them its the reverse.

We tell war scar stories

Heroes tell everyday occurences stories

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote:I understand what they are saying......Since these guys lives revolve around explosions, wars and fights having them get hurt by something as small as a cat means more....similar to how we live boring mundane lives and for us to have a Samurai sword fight and loosing an eye would be the tremendous.....for them its the reverse.

We tell war scar stories

Heroes tell everyday occurences stories
Ooooohhh I gotcha, I see what he means now. I'm still iffy on how it played out in the film, especially to Fury. But I understand it.